The Hunted (DM: IronSky, Judge: ???)

pacdidj

First Post
OOC:
GM: You can say Tristram was active and roll 1d20+9 vs his Will, a hit doing 19 Fire damage and have him feed Tristram a potion or say he's still inactive.

On further review, this wouldn't work anyway using a strict interpretation of the rules, since you've got to use your own actions for your familiar to take actions, and you can't take any actions while unconscious. I'll just hope Illarion doesn't get gunned down before he manages to administer that potion. :D

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
OOC: sorry, I split my post, see top of this page: 1d8=6 damage, 1d6=6 damage type all, Raijin resists 5 thunder

OOC: Ah, gotcha. Yes, and the demonling died, reflecting 5 lightning damage back that was soaked by your resistance.

I'll update tonight, hopefully that will give @Voda Vosa time to post.

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The Final Chamber, Round 3

Earth raises his shield to avoid the brunt of the onslaught that's hurled at him from Illarion and the Silver Demon, though it unbalances him enough that his attack against the Demon misses widely.

[sblock=Earth's Turn]Immediate Interrupt(when hit by Silver Demon): Endure Pain: Gain resist 9 damage until EONT, reduce hit by 9 and Illarion's hit by 9.
Start of Turn: Save vs ongoing: 1d20+2=9, fail. Take 5+5 reduced to 1 ongoing damage.
Standard: Earth Gift(+2 CA): 1d20+14=Nat1.
Move: -
Minor: -
Free: Mark Silver Demon.
End of Turn Save: 1d20+2=9, fail.[/sblock]

As Devinihm's shifting form bites and stings at the giant demon, it lashes out at everything nearby, it's huge claws passing right through Devinihm's form with little effect, but hammering into Earth's shield, claws piercing through solid metal. It escapes the elemental's pin, taking a blow as it does so, then lashes out at Earth, having little luck at getting through the warden's rugged defenses.

The Voidwalker, meanwhile, summons another Demonling from one of the small rifts it opened, then splits, leaving three identical duplicates of itself around the room. One materializes right next to Mab, turning and causing small tears to weave through the space around Raijin, Illarion, and Devinihm. A few wasps fall and Illarion is left bleeding from one eye and shoved next to the Silver Demon, but the they endure the worst of the bending of reality.

GM: Apologies for not updating like I said I would; I could come up with excuses but that wouldn't mean I didn't break my word to you guys. I'll do my best to not let it happen again.

If you don't have low light vision, be sure you are adding in concealment for all your ranged/melee attacks. - Thanks johnmeier1 for remembering to do so.

@Voda Vosa , I don't know if you used Endure Pain already in the first fight, but it seemed like a good time to use it. If you've already used it, can do Warforged Resolve as your minor action instead to heal 7 and get 10 THP.

[sblock=Arcana 19, Minor Action]The central rift seems to be closed for the moment. The red spheres sticking out of the walls have something to do with it and your pretty sure the objects the demonlings are trying to get away with have something to do with it too... [sblock=Arcana 24]The red spheres are definitely keeping the void intact. You can disable one by getting adjacent to it and making a DC 20 Arcana check. If you fail the check, however, you'll take damage equal to the amount you failed it by.[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Silver Demon: Furious Retaliation(when bloodied by Devinihm): Make a Rending Claws attack against each adjacent enemy: Rending Claws(-2 prone): Nat1 vs Devinihm, CRIT vs Earth, 33 damage and 5 ongoing damage(save ends) to Earth. Take 4 Lightning damage from rift, stand, taking 14 damage. Rending Slash: Rending Claws: Nat1 vs Earth, 23 AC vs Earth, miss.

Voidwalker Demon: Soul Harvest(when Demonling 6 killed): The voidwalker gains insubstantial and phasing. Variable Resistance(when damaged by Raijin): Gain 10 Thunder resist until the end of the encounter. Stormrift: Demonling 7 emerges from a Stormrift and it closes. Fracture: Another Voidwalker appears. Trembling Wake(close blast 3): 23 Will vs Illarion, hit, 18 Will vs Raijin, miss, 22 Will vs Devinihm, hit. Illarion takes 4 psychic damage reduced to 0, Devinihim takes psychic 9 reduced to 5 damage and both are pushed 2. AP: Trembling Wake(close blast 3): 24 Will vs Raiin, hit, 13 Will vs Illarion, miss, 26 Will vs Devinihm, hit, Raijin takes 10 psychic damage<probably interrupted>, Devinihm takes 15 reduced to 11 psychic damage and both are slid 2.

Hunter Demonling 6: Elemental Reflection(when damaged by Raijin's Lightning Breath), 5 lightning damage to Raijin reduced to 0.[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]Earth: E11, 30 damage taken, ongoing 5 damage(save ends), vulnerable 5(Silver Skein Aura), Rending Curse
Mab: K4, 50 damage taken, bloodied, dying, unconscious, prone
Raijin: I7, 32 damage taken, bloodied, vulnerable 5(Silver Skein Aura)
Illarion: G8, 5 damage taken, vulnerable 5(Silver Skein Aura)
Devinihm: H10, 31 damage taken, bloodied, DR4, vulnerable 5(Silver Skein Aura)

Silver Demon: F9-G10, 104 damage taken, bloodied, marked(Earth), Resist 10 Thunder
Silver Demon, 156 Max HP, 19 AC, 18 Fort, 16 Ref, 16 Will. MBA: Rending Claws: +8 vs AC, 1d12+7 damage. Silver Skein Aura: All creatures adjacent to the Demon gain vulnerable 5 to all damage.

Voidwalker Demon: L4 or S17 or K5, 11 damage taken, insubstantial, phasing, resist 10 Thunder
Silver Demon, ?? Max HP, ?? AC, 16 Fort, ?? Ref, ?? Will

Hunter Demonling 7: E9, vulnerable 5(Silver Skein Aura)
Hunter Demonling: Minion, 17 AC, 15 Fort, 16 Ref, 14 Will. MBA: Claws: +8 vs AC, 5 damage. Elemental Reflection(Free, when takes acid, cold, fire, lightning, or thunder damage from a target within 5 squares): Deal 5 of the same type of damage to the attacker.
Hunter Demonlings destroyed: 6

Abyssal Storm Rifts: E13, T6
Abyssal Storms Rifts - any creature moving or starting its turn next to a Rift takes 1d8 damage(roll d6 for damage type, 1: Acid, 2: Cold, 3: Fire, 4: Lightning, 5: Thunder, 6: All)[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain, Lighting, and Features]*The red spheres are all 1 square above ground level for whichever level they are at and provide dim 5 light. You may pass under them.

*Each platform it 10' higher than the last (first one is 10', next is 20', last is 30'). The walls are smooth stone, DC 25 to climb.

*Within 2 squares of the void all light is reduced to dim, even if it would otherwise be bright.

*D6, D10, D11, and D14 are the bases of the arches and are treated as walls.

*The blue lights provide bright 5 light.

*The dark swirling void area is... icky. You're pretty sure you don't want to go in there.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Final Round 3.jpg
    Final Round 3.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
OOC: I should know by now how this works, but DM note Raijin reduces Thunder resistance by 5 with his attacks. Also about their variable resist, does it change Everytime as an Interrupt or Reaction?

Interrupt: Slaads Gambit, port to L3, psychic damage, half on miss
Minor: Arcana check
Standard: Teleport Punch Voidbringer, thunder damage
Minor: Stow old staff

Raijin jumps just before the blast, befuddling the voidbringer. He pulls back a fist and..

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
knocks the voidbringer towards his allies.

OOC: Teleport it to H6.

[sblock=ministats]
Passive Perception 12, Passive Insight 18
AC 16, Fort 18, Reflex 13, Will 19
HP: 20/42, Bloodied 21, Surge Value 10, Surges 5/6
Resist Force 10, Resist Lightning 5, Resist Thunder 5
Speed 6, Initiative +2
Action Points: 1, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Blazing Starfall, Storm Walk
Encounter Powers: Dragonflame Mettle, Promise of Storm, Teleport Bash, Thundering Roar
Daily Powers: Lightning Breath, Staff of Storms, Slaad's Gambit, Brooch of Shielding

http://l4w.wikia.com/index.php?title=PC:Raijin_(johnmeier1)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Devinihm, wilden druid

As the demon lashes out, Devinihm tries to return the vengeance, but the thrashing creature manages to keep his swarm dispersed and ineffective. Finally, he coalesces back into a humanoid form, bloodied and weak, retrieving a potion and preparing to drink it.

[sblock=actions]Immediate Reaction: Wrath of the Destroyer:

Trigger: A bloodied enemy attacks Devinihm or ally adjacent to him
Effect: Devinihm either makes basic melee attack or charges the enemy. If the attack hits, the enemy is dazed TENT.

Savage Rend as melee attack

Wrath attack (Savage Rend); damage;claw gloves (1d20+9=11, 1d8+8=16, 1d10=9)

Standard: Savage Rend

Savage Rend attack;damage;claw gloves (1d20+9=13, 1d8+8=9, 1d10=5)

Minor: Wildshape, shift to g12
Move: retrieve potion.[/sblock]

[sblock=resources used]Action Point, Wrath of the Destroyer, Summon Giant Toad
Healing surges remaining: 6/11[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
EDIT: This post is void. Only speech and shroud are valid.

OOC: [MENTION=2710]jkason[/MENTION], why didn't you use your minor to retrieve and move to drink the potion instead of shifting?

Illarion quickly puts another shroud onto the voidwalker, assumes the form of an angel for an instant, startling voidwalker, before moving away.

"Stop killing those little demons, these dark ones are fed by them!"

He raises his hand and the power of chaos manifests, forming great dragon head that covers demons with powerful blast of cold. The wave passes over the silver demon, but hits the voidwalker, the very shadows of it's shroud passing through it's body.

Not quite satisfied with the result, Illarion points again and the dragon head explodes into misty shards, biting into demons and staggering them. Somehow, Voidwalker ends up almost into the vortex he called.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Changeling Trick Bluff vs Voidwalker (1d20+13=19) - gain CA vs voidwalker in H8

Move: Shift to I7
Standard: Ice Dragon Teeth vs Silver Ref; Void Ref; Cold Damage; Shrouds (1d20+7=10, 1d20+9=24, 2d8+10+3=26, 2d6=4) - miss silver, hit voidwalker for 35/2 = 17 damage and slowed TENT, Illarion gains +1 AC TENT

AP: Mists of Disarray vs Silver Will; Void Ref; Psychic Damage (1d20+7=20, 1d20+9=26, 1d10+10+3=21) - hit both; slide both 3 (voidwalker to E12 to be hit by the rift :devil:, leave silver where it is since I cannot move it)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=2710]jkason[/MENTION], why didn't you use your minor to retrieve and move to drink the potion instead of shifting?

OOC: Devinihm was in beast shape, and since he hasn't taken the feat to make that a free action, I had to spend the minor getting him out of beast shape, since as I understand it, all non-implement gear is completely inaccessible in beast form. The shift was just connected to the wildshape.

pacdidj

First Post
Auntie Mab's breath catches in her chest, her soul lured closer to oblivion by the proximity of the Abyssal fiend. Not wanting to attract the voidwalker's attention with frantic squeaking, Tristram can only that one of his mistress' allies will notice the pleading looks he casts in their direction as he continues to try unsuccessfully to revive the old woman.

[sblock=Auntie Mab actions and stats]End= Save vs. death =http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2971979/ fail

[sblock=stat block]Auntie Mab - Human Rogue 4
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/L4W:pC:Auntie_Mab_(pacdidj)
Conditions: bloodied, prone, dying: 1 failed death save
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 18, Init: +6
AC: 20, Fort: 16, Reflex: 20, Will: 17
Speed: 6
HP: -9/41, Bloodied: 20, Surge Value: 10, Surges left: 7/8
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used, Milestones:
:bmelee:Basic Atk: Dagger +6 vs AC, 1d4 dmg
:branged:Ranged Basic Atk: Throw Dagger +11 vs AC, 1d4+5 dmg, Range 5/10
Powers-
Preparatory Shot, Gloaming Cut, Sly Flourish, Fast Hands
Eyebite, Shadow Strike, Fleeting Spirit Strike
Twilight Menace