The Hunted (DM: IronSky, Judge: ???)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
GM: Just waiting for [MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION] (seems to be AFK). I'll run the next round tonight or tomorrow sometime.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The Final Chamber, Round 3.5

<On Hold until Illarion's turn is revised>

GM: Raijin's resist penetration would have done 2 more damage to the Voidwalker and 5 to the Silver Demon, adjusted. It also reduced Raijin's damage taken by 10. Unfortunately, last round Rajin should have taken the full 6 damage from the storm he started next to since All means acid, cold, fire, thunder, AND lightning damage - he'd need to have resistances to all of those to resist any of it.

On your sheet, it says lightning breath only lasts until the end of your next turn. I thought it lasted longer than that(played with 2 sorcerers before IRL and I remember it lasting the full encounter?

Also, Slaad's Gambit on your sheet has everything except what it is that triggers it...

As far as teleporting it to H6, it was 6 squares up and you could only teleport it 4 squares. As long as that's the case, you might as well teleport it to H6 but at 10 squares up. Either way, it gets a save, which it made.

Their variable resist is a free action 2/encounter.

@Neurotic , both of Illarion's attacks could hit either the Silver Demon or the Voidwlaker even if it had been successfully teleported since they would have been 4 squares apart, not the 3 needed for a burst 1. I'll let you change Illarion's actions and update tomorrow some time.

That will also give @Voda Vosa more time to post for Earth.

On a side note, I think changeling's shapeshifting ability is at-will, not encounter.

I've updated for everyone else's turns.

[sblock=Arcana 19, Minor Action]The central rift seems to be closed for the moment. The red spheres sticking out of the walls have something to do with it and your pretty sure the objects the demonlings are trying to get away with have something to do with it too... [sblock=Arcana 24]The red spheres are definitely keeping the void intact. You can disable one by getting adjacent to it and making a DC 20 Arcana check. If you fail the check, however, you'll take damage equal to the amount you failed it by.[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Silver Demon:

Voidwalker Demon: Save(when Teleported by Raijin): 16, saved, prone.
Hunter Demonling 7:[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]Earth: E11, 30 damage taken, ongoing 5 damage(save ends), vulnerable 5(Silver Skein Aura), Rending Curse
Mab: K4, 50 damage taken, bloodied, dying, unconscious, prone, 1 death save failed
Raijin: I7, 27 damage taken, bloodied, vulnerable 5(Silver Skein Aura)
Illarion: G8, 5 damage taken, vulnerable 5(Silver Skein Aura)
Devinihm: H10, 31 damage taken, bloodied

Silver Demon: F9-G10, 109 damage taken, bloodied, marked(Earth), Illarion has CA, Resist 10 Thunder
Silver Demon, 156 Max HP, 19 AC, 18 Fort, 16 Ref, 16 Will. MBA: Rending Claws: +8 vs AC, 1d12+7 damage. Silver Skein Aura: All creatures adjacent to the Demon gain vulnerable 5 to all damage.

Voidwalker Demon: L4 or S17 or K5, 28 damage taken, insubstantial, phasing, resist 10 Thunder, prone
Silver Demon, ?? Max HP, ?? AC, 16 Fort, ?? Ref, 19 Will

Hunter Demonling 7: E9, vulnerable 5(Silver Skein Aura)
Hunter Demonling: Minion, 17 AC, 15 Fort, 16 Ref, 14 Will. MBA: Claws: +8 vs AC, 5 damage. Elemental Reflection(Free, when takes acid, cold, fire, lightning, or thunder damage from a target within 5 squares): Deal 5 of the same type of damage to the attacker.
Hunter Demonlings destroyed: 6

Abyssal Storm Rifts: E13, T6
Abyssal Storms Rifts - any creature moving or starting its turn next to a Rift takes 1d8 damage(roll d6 for damage type, 1: Acid, 2: Cold, 3: Fire, 4: Lightning, 5: Thunder, 6: All)[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain, Lighting, and Features]*The red spheres are all 1 square above ground level for whichever level they are at and provide dim 5 light. You may pass under them.

*Each platform it 10' higher than the last (first one is 10', next is 20', last is 30'). The walls are smooth stone, DC 25 to climb.

*Within 2 squares of the void all light is reduced to dim, even if it would otherwise be bright.

*D6, D10, D11, and D14 are the bases of the arches and are treated as walls.

*The blue lights provide bright 5 light.

*The dark swirling void area is... icky. You're pretty sure you don't want to go in there.[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
OOC: Hmmm, seems like I am going to need the CB at home to fix my sheet (maybe tonight). Thanks for the adjusts, I finally see the errata on multiple damage types.

About the teleport and the map it general, it is hard to tell height/etc. I just wanted to move one of the Voidbringers closer to the Silver Demon. Can you give a map update (or at least change Raijin's position in the Combatants description?

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Updated actions: since voidwalkers are still adjacent to Mab I cannot attack them. Since feeding her the potion is standard action, Illarion will provoke hopefuly surviving OA (with Earth punishment triggered too)

If possible, will use minor to pull her back

If not then minor to retrieve her potion for himself :)

Also, changeling shapechange is at-will, but changeling trick which gives CA is per encounter (and is not expended, just like ice dragon and mists aren't) - could you put little numbers with wings representing height on tokens? :D

[sblock=Revised Actions]
Move: J4
Standard: Feed Mab the potion
Minor: Pull her back J3 (if possible) - if not take her potion and end turn
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The Final Chamber, Round 4

Earth hammers the Silver Demon repeatedly, exposing its weaknesses to the others and hampering its movements.

[sblock=Earth's actions]Immediate Interrupt: Warden's Fury: 1d20+12=24 Fort vs Silver Demon, hit, 1d10+6=10 damage and the Silver Demon grants CA TENT.
Start of Turn Save: 1d20+2=11, saved vs ongoing.
Standard: Weight of Earth: 1d20+12+2(CA)=28 AC vs Silver Demon, hit, 1d10+6=10 damage and the Silver Demon is slowed TENT.
Move: -
Minor: -
Free: Mark Silver Demon.[/sblock]

The silver demon continues its assault on Earth, with little effect.

After resisting Raijin's teleport, all the Voidwalkers right themselves and the air around each of them shimmers, ripping at the fabric of reality about them. Raijin manages to ward himself against the worst of it. One of the other Voidwalkers gestures and another rift closes, another Demonling appearing. They then shimmer back into phase with reality...

The other demonling grabs for a relic and scurries away, obviously trying to get it away from the room for some nefarious reason.

GM: I don't think I explained the terrain very well in the initial description and in the Terrain, Lighting, and Features sblock.

All the voidwalkers are on the ground at whatever level they are at (they can't fly). If any creature is above the level of the ground it's standing on it will say in its Combatants entry: L16(6 squares up) for example.

The stairs on the right side of the room run up to the first/west platform which is 10' off the ground (2 squares). The stairs continue to the bottom of the room where the south platform is 20'(4 squares up). They then lead to the final/east platform upon which the original Voidwalker stands 30'(6 squares) off the ground.

[sblock=Arcana 19, Minor Action]The central rift seems to be closed for the moment. The red spheres sticking out of the walls have something to do with it and your pretty sure the objects the demonlings are trying to get away with have something to do with it too... [sblock=Arcana 24]The red spheres are definitely keeping the void intact while the relics seem to be keeping the void from opening more. You can disable a sphere by getting adjacent to it and making a DC 20 Arcana check. If you fail the check, however, you'll take damage equal to the amount you failed it by.[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Silver Demon: OA: Rending Claws(-2 marked): Nat1 vs Illarion. Rending Slash: Rending Claws: 21 AC vs Earth, miss, 15 AC vs Earth, miss.

Voidwalker Demon: Save(when Teleported by Raijin): 16, saved, prone. Stand. Proximate Tear(close burst 1): 11 Reflex vs Raijin, miss. Stormrift: Voidstorm removed, Demonling 8 appears.

Hunter Demonling 7: Pick up relic. Double run off map.[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]Earth: E11, 30 damage taken, ongoing 5 damage(save ends), vulnerable 5(Silver Skein Aura), Rending Curse
Mab: J3, 31 damage taken, bloodied, prone, 1 death save failed
Raijin: L3(on landing 6 squares up), 27 damage taken, bloodied, vulnerable 5(Silver Skein Aura)
Illarion: J4, 5 damage taken, vulnerable 5(Silver Skein Aura)
Devinihm: G12, 31 damage taken, bloodied

Silver Demon: F9-G10, 129 damage taken, bloodied, marked(Earth), grants CA, slowed, Resist 10 Thunder
Silver Demon, 156 Max HP, 19 AC, 18 Fort, 16 Ref, 16 Will. MBA: Rending Claws: +8 vs AC, 1d12+7 damage. Silver Skein Aura: All creatures adjacent to the Demon gain vulnerable 5 to all damage.

Voidwalker Demon: L4(on landing 6 squares up) or S17(on stairs 3 squares up) or K5, 28 damage taken, resist 10 Thunder
Silver Demon, ?? Max HP, ?? AC, 16 Fort, ?? Ref, 19 Will

Hunter Demonling 7: 2 squares N of A8
Hunter Demonling 7: E13
Hunter Demonling: Minion, 17 AC, 15 Fort, 16 Ref, 14 Will. MBA: Claws: +8 vs AC, 5 damage. Elemental Reflection(Free, when takes acid, cold, fire, lightning, or thunder damage from a target within 5 squares): Deal 5 of the same type of damage to the attacker.
Hunter Demonlings destroyed: 6

Abyssal Storm Rifts: T6
Abyssal Storms Rifts - any creature moving or starting its turn next to a Rift takes 1d8 damage(roll d6 for damage type, 1: Acid, 2: Cold, 3: Fire, 4: Lightning, 5: Thunder, 6: All)[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain, Lighting, and Features]*The red spheres are all 1 square above ground level for whichever level they are at and provide dim 5 light. You may pass under them.

*Each platform of the stairs is 10' higher than the last (first one is 10', next is 20', last is 30'). The walls are smooth stone, DC 25 to climb.

*Within 2 squares of the void all light is reduced to dim, even if it would otherwise be bright.

*D6, D10, D11, and D14 are the bases of the arches and are treated as walls.

*The blue lights provide bright 5 light.

*The dark swirling void area is... icky. You're pretty sure you don't want to go in there.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Final Round 4.jpg
    Final Round 4.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
Raijin's robe shimmers as he throws a hail of shining fire from above down on the Silver Demon. He whips out the potion he obtained earlier and drinks it down.

OOC: Standard: Blazing Starfall (radiant, fire damage) shimmering armor prevents AoO
Minor: Draw potion
Minor: Drink potion

[sblock=ministats]
Passive Perception 12, Passive Insight 18
AC 16, Fort 18, Reflex 13, Will 19
HP: 25/42, Bloodied 21, Surge Value 10, Surges 4/6
Resist Force 10, Resist Lightning 5, Resist Thunder 5
Speed 6, Initiative +2
Action Points: 1, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Blazing Starfall, Storm Walk
Encounter Powers: Dragonflame Mettle, Promise of Storm, Teleport Bash, Thundering Roar
Daily Powers: Lightning Breath, Staff of Storms, Slaad's Gambit, Brooch of Shielding

http://l4w.wikia.com/index.php?title=PC:Raijin_(johnmeier1)
[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
GM: Sorry if the GM block above came across a bit snarky, let RL-stress bleed in and vented a bit when it wasn't appropriate.

I fixed it and added elevation notes to the Voidwalkers and Raijin to help make things clearer.

Silver Demon has <20 hp left, next person to hit it might get it!

pacdidj

First Post
Tristram gives a joyful *Squeak!* as Illarion's potion takes effect and Auntie Mab opens her eyes, immediately burying himself in her pocket once more.

"Why thank you Illarion dearie," she says blinking blearily as if awakening from a long sleep. A mysterious fey glow emanates from the old woman's ragged cloak as she pushes herself up off the floor.

"Oh my, but there's still work to be done. Step aside, would you love?,"
she asks as she draws her curved dagger and launches it around Illarion at the Silver Demon in one lightning-quick motion. The blade bisects the beast's throat as it arcs by, causing blood to fountain in great pulses from the brute's severed arteries as its life ebbs away and it topples to the ground.

"There now," Mab says grimly, with a terse nod at the voidwalker. "Do you see what happens? I told you lot you needed to stop misbehaving. No more of this senseless killing and portal opening. Just go back wherever it is you came from and leave us be."

[sblock=Auntie Mab actions and stats]Start=

Move= Stand up

Minor= Cloak of Resistance = Auntie Mab has resist 5 all till start of her next turn

Standard= :ranged:Sly Flourish vs. Silver Demon w/ sneak attack = hit for 17 damage

End=

[sblock=stat block]Auntie Mab - Human Rogue 4
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/L4W:pC:Auntie_Mab_(pacdidj)
Conditions: bloodied, resist 5 all
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 18, Init: +6
AC: 20, Fort: 16, Reflex: 20, Will: 17
Speed: 6
HP: 10/41, Bloodied: 20, Surge Value: 10, Surges left: 7/8
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used, Milestones:
:bmelee:Basic Atk: Dagger +6 vs AC, 1d4 dmg
:branged:Ranged Basic Atk: Throw Dagger +11 vs AC, 1d4+5 dmg, Range 5/10
Powers-
Preparatory Shot, Gloaming Cut, Sly Flourish, Fast Hands
Eyebite, Shadow Strike, Fleeting Spirit Strike
Twilight Menace
Prison of Salzacas, Cloak of Resistance
Combat notes:

Tristram - Rat Familiar
HP: 1/1; AC: 20, Fort: 16, Ref: 20, Will: 17
Skills: +17 Thievery, +21 Stealth

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
OOC: I have a rules question because I'm not quite sure how the split voidwalker works? Call forth the Spirit Pack lets Devinihm target one or two creatures, each for his damage roll. Since he can get close enough that two of the instances of the voidwalker are in range, are they treated as a single creature, or would each instance take damage as an individual?

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
OOC: I have a rules question because I'm not quite sure how the split voidwalker works? Call forth the Spirit Pack lets Devinihm target one or two creatures, each for his damage roll. Since he can get close enough that two of the instances of the voidwalker are in range, are they treated as a single creature, or would each instance take damage as an individual?

GM: They are all treated as the same creature, just as though it were in multiple squares at once.

Remove ads