The Hunted (DM: IronSky, Judge: ???)

johnmeier1

Explorer
Alright, the other portals now. Raijin straightens up, the thunder and lightning around him fading. He throws the last bit at a demonling before rushing off.

OOC: Take 5 ongoing damage
Standard: Stormwalk on Demonling in E12, shift to C13
Move: Walk to G9
Save

[sblock=ministats]
Passive Perception 12, Passive Insight 18
AC 16, Fort 18, Reflex 13, Will 19
HP: 21/42, Bloodied 21, Surge Value 10, Surges 6/6
Resist Force 10, Resist Lightning 5, Resist Thunder 5
Speed 6, Initiative +2
Action Points: 1, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Blazing Starfall, Storm Walk
Encounter Powers: Dragonflame Mettle, Promise of Storm, Teleport Bash, Thundering Roar
Daily Powers: Lightning Breath, Slaad's Gambit, Brooch of Shielding

[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Devinihm, wilden druid

OOC: It's my understanding that summoned creatures have HP equal to the summoner's bloodied value. That should be 20, so the toad's nearly dead, but not quite yet. When / if it takes its last 3 points of damage, Devinihm loses another surge

The decimated swarm contracts in on itself, feeding off its dead members to bolster its remaining strength.

"Protect Auntiemab," sounds the buzzing command from the swarm, and against what one might expect to be the natural order of things, the giant toad obeys the insects, hopping south, leaving a pool of blood from its massive wounds as it moves. Positioned nearly below the spinetail, the creature's tongue lashes out, but the spinetail proves too spry for the badly wounded toad.

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Devinihm Second Wind. Spend a surge, heal 10hp, +2 all defenses

Move: Toad to g17

Action Point: Standard: Toad attack Spinetail, miss:

Giant Toad attack vs. Spinetail Reflex (1d20+7=14, 1d8+8=10)

Save vs. ongoing damage for Toad, success:

Save vs. ongoing (1d20=17)[/sblock]

[sblock=resources used]Encounter: Flowing Swarm, Call Forth the Spirit Pack, Wrath of the Destroyer, Action Point, Second Wind
Daily: Summon Giant Toad
Healing Surges remaining: 10/11 [/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
Not sure exactly how to help his mistress dispel the small portal, Tristram sits pondering the situation for a moment, staring into the rift with trepidation.

Meanwhile, Auntie Mab jeers at the spinetail. "No time to play now dearie, toodaloo! Have fun with the frog!," she calls out before careening around the rock pile and diving into hiding beneath a tree, only to realize that its branches provide somewhat sparse cover.

[sblock=Auntie Mab actions and stats]Minor = Sustain Hand of Salzacas

Standard = Arcana vs. Small Portal (1d20+8+1=11)

Move = Run around the boulders to F10 and hide Stealth (1d20+17+1-5=18), Tristram and Hand remain in place

[sblock=statblock]Auntie Mab - Human Rogue 4
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/L4W:pC:Auntie_Mab_(pacdidj)
Conditions: Stealth 22
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 18, Init: +6
AC: 20, Fort: 16, Reflex: 20, Will: 17
Speed: 6
HP: 41/41, Bloodied: 20, Surge Value: 10, Surges left: 8/8
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used, Milestones:
:bmelee:Basic Atk: Dagger +6 vs AC, 1d4 dmg
:branged:Ranged Basic Atk: Throw Dagger +11 vs AC, 1d4+5 dmg, Range 5/10
Powers-
Preparatory Shot, Gloaming Cut, Sly Flourish, Fast Hands
Eyebite, Shadow Strike, Fleeting Spirit Strike
Twilight Menace
Prison of Salzacas, Cloak of Resistance
Combat notes:

Tristram - Rat Familiar
HP: 1/1; AC: 20, Fort: 16, Ref: 20, Will: 17
Skills: +17 Thievery, +21 Stealth

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Illarion moves away now that demonlings are killed and big portal shut, Illarion turns and shoots the big demon in the head almost point-blank dropping it.. He heads toward portal on the other side of Mab.

"I'll get that one. Raijin, will you help? Earth, go protect Auntie with the frog, druid, would you come with us?"

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Chaos bolt vs HD Will; psychic damage (1d20+7=18, 1d10+10+3=21) - no secondary; Illarion gets +1 AC
Move: I7
[/sblock]

DMDanW

First Post
OOC: Sorry I have not been around lately - RL has been beating me into a pulp lately.....

Since it looks like this fight is almost over I am just going to let Iron Sky NPC Xander until it is over, since I have not idea what resources he has left and have only a slight grasp on the current battle.

Hopefully I am able to keep up from here on in......

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The Hunted: Demons Rifts, Round 11

Xander wipes out the last demon, though the portals yet remain.

---

Though all the demons are dead, two more demonlings appear near one of the portals.

[sblock=Xander's turn]Move: Move to C13.
Standard: Sacred Flame: 1d20+7=22 Reflex vs Spinetail Demonling, hit, Earth gets 3 THP.[/sblock]

GM: Earth's start of turn save: 1d20+2=7, fail. End of turn save: 1d20+2=18, saved.

No worries DMDanW, RL > RP.

[MENTION=73730]johnmeier1[/MENTION], in the future could you list the type of damage Raijin is dealing with his attacks? Saves me a couple minutes looking it up.

[sblock=Arcana DC 20, minor action]The smaller rifts are fairly unstable. If someone could get adjacent to one they could close it with a Standard Action DC 20 Arcana check. Aid another checks may be made, but only if the aiding PC is within range of the portal they are aiding against.[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Small Rift 4: Hunter Demonlings 18 and 19 appear adjacent.[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]Earth: D14, 3 THP, 44 damage taken, Form of the Mountain's Thunder, regen 5 bloodied
Xander: C13, 1 THP
Mab: F10, 5 THP, -5 attacks, grants CA, Stealth 18
*Hand of Salzacas: D17
*Tristram: P23, Stealth 27
Devinihm: D13, 11 damage taken, +2 defenses, DR4
*Giant Toad: D16, 17 damage taken
Illarion: D12, 3 THP, 3 damage taken, +1 AC, +2 defenses
Raijin: G9, 21 damage taken, bloodied

Horned Demons destroyed: 2

Spinetail Demonlings destroyed: 4

Hunter Demonling 18: N21
Hunter Demonling 19: N22
Hunter Demonling: Minion, 17 AC, 15 Fort, 16 Ref, 14 Will. MBA: Claws: +8 vs AC, 5 damage. Elemental Reflection(Free, when takes acid, cold, fire, lightning, or thunder damage from a target within 5 squares): Deal 5 of the same type of damage to the attacker.
Hunter Demonlings destroyed: 17

Large Rifts closed: 1

Small Rift 3: O22
Small Rift 4: M1
Small Rifts closed: 2[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain]The smaller rocks in the middle and sides of the battlefield require a DC 15 Athletics check or are considered difficult terrain that costs 3 squares of movement to traverse instead of 2. It provides cover.

The cliffs (A1-E8) require DC 18 Athletics(Climb) checks to ascend. They keep rising above the map.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Demon Rifts Round 11.jpg
    Demon Rifts Round 11.jpg
    365.6 KB · Views: 66

Voda Vosa

First Post
Earth says "Close the portals while I get rid of these pests." and carefully manoeuvre among the rocky areas, so to pass between them. The gets adjacent to the demonlings and fixes them with his stone glare.

Doouble move to get near both demonlings and mark them

johnmeier1

Explorer
Raijin sprints over to the far portal and concentrates. The small opening in spacetime shimmers and closes. He puts away one of his staves and leans on the other, catching his breath.

OOC: Move: Run to L2
Standard: Arcana to close
Minor: Stow Challenge Seeking Staff

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=60965]Iron Sky[/MENTION], you didn't move Illarion. Which is in this case good, since I would like to change the direction of his move since Auntie Mab went opposite from where she was hiding.

Could you put me as far down behind Earth as Illarion can go with single move, please. If that is no acceptable, just put him in I 7 as post says. Thanks

Remove ads