The Hunted (DM: IronSky, Judge: ???)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
GM: Busy weekend. Still need [MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION] and [MENTION=55230]DMDanW[/MENTION] for this final round. I'll update tomorrow.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Earth tries to see where the traps are located, but as he starts to walk on what he thinks it's safe terrain, he falls into a pit! As he falls, he sees the bottom is covered in pointy sticks! The others close their eyes as they hear the sound of Earth hitting the bottom. As they close to look into the pit, they see the pointy sticks crushed under the weight of the warforged. Earth then climbs up and keeps moving on.

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Xander examines each passage, trying to figure out the most likely place traps would be placed and warning the others with his predictions.

---

The group makes their way through the elaborately trapped temple - or tomb, or whatever it is - as a group. Aside from a spear trap than wings Illarion, no one is hurt.

At the heart of the place the group finally catches up to the killers.

Amidst a mess of Demonlings pouring out of a rift are two larger demons - one a silver-haired, winged, almost noble-looking brute - perhaps the minor offspring of a Demon Prince.

The other is a void, living emptiness wrapped in wicked-looking armor that is chained to some bizarre floating contraption and seemingly in the midst of some dark ritual. You can feel tendrils of chaos and whispers of destruction radiating from it, seeming to pull you in towards it. It spins towards you as you enter and points, uttering something in the blasphemous Abyssal Tongue.

At its words, demonlings begin grabbing the relics that are carefully placed and arranged around the room and making a run towards the doorway the entrance area the group just came through.

[sblock=Xander's roll]Insight: 1d20+10=25.[/sblock]

OOC: I'm going to rule that Stealth doesn't as described (that sounds more like Acrobatics) since Stealth involves hiding from sentient/aware things and the traps are passive.

I'll post the combat tomorrow, don't have time atm. Feel free to roll initiative now if you want.

Since he hasn't been here since half-way through the last combat, I'm going to drop Xander from the adventure. I know he's the only healer, but... that's the way it goes. Nothing personal, it just takes enough time to run adventures without running a PC as well

@DMDanW , if you want to stay in the adventure, speak by tomorrow when I run the first combat round.

---

[sblock=Skill Challenge]Objective: Make your way through the jungle island towards the center of the island and whatever is located there.

Rounds: 3

Challenge Level: 4

Round 3 Results:
Earth: Perception 12 -> Endurance 27, 3 points, grants re-roll to Illarion
Raijin: Athletics 10 -> Athletics 20, 2 points, Jungle Itch(-2 to skill rolls)
Mab: Thievery 27, 3 points, grants re-roll to Raijin, Jungle Itch(-2 to skill rolls)
Xander: Insight 25, 3 point, grants re-roll to ???, Jungle Itch(-2 to skill rolls)
Devinihm: Nature 29, 3 points, grants re-roll to Earth, Black Rot(roll endurance 20 or lose a healing surge)
Illarion: Thievery 16 -> 17 Thievery, 1 point, 1d10+8=11 damage, Jungle Itch(-2 to skill rolls)

Round Total: 15 Points, 2 Victory Points, the group doesn't set off any extra traps.

[sblock=Last round's treasure]Spaced out giving treasure, and almost did again... and, the Compendium's random treasure parcel system says:

120gp[/sblock]

Skill challenge total: 6 Victory Points, Advantage - The group makes it into the inner sanctum of the temple while the Demons are just starting to ransack it.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Silver Demon.jpg
    Silver Demon.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 63
  • Speaker.jpg
    Speaker.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Illarion reacts faster then is his want, but seeing all those demons brings back memories of some of the servants of The Brotherhood of Seven Stars and some of their torture victims.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The Final Chamber, Round 0

As the group enters, the rift flickers shut, ripping apart half-a-dozen demonlings that were standing near it, though swirling black energies still fill the pit it was in.

The Silver Demon glares at you with a malevolent intelligence while the other demon's contraption flickers out of existence and reappears at the top of a stairway at the back of the room. On the stairs, red orbs glow and flicker with chaotic energies.

The rest of the demonlings grab up fallen objects - random bits of ancient art and treasure that bear remarkable similarities to the bowl you saw in the painting back on Hill Lane. They look at the group, then the Voidwalker gestures with an empty sleeve past the group and the Demonlings begin moving as though to run past the group...

GM: The skill challenge was a milestone, so APs for everyone!

@Voda Vosa , you never said if Earth was healing up after the last fight. You can retroactively spend as many surges+2d6+4 as you need, just be sure you do by the end of your first round.

Also, as a concession to Xander leaving, I'm changing that last treasure parcel(120gp) to 5 Healing Potions, one for everyone.

[sblock=Initiative]Masterplan always rolls really well for my monsters. They go at 21.

Mab is up.[/sblock]

[sblock=Arcana 19, Minor Action]The central rift seems to be closed for the moment. The red spheres sticking out of the walls have something to do with it and your pretty sure the objects the demonlings are trying to get away with have something to do with it too... [sblock=Arcana 24]The red spheres are definitely holding it open. You can disable one by getting adjacent to it and making a DC 20 Arcana check. If you fail the check, however, you'll take damage equal to the amount you failed it by.[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]Earth: D11, 44 damage taken?
Mab: B9
Raijin: C15, 2 damage taken
Illarion: C7
Devinihm: C13

Silver Demon: J6-K7
Silver Demon, ?? Max HP, ?? AC, ?? Fort, ?? Ref, ?? Will, Resist ??, Vulnerable ??. MBA: ??

Voidwalker Demon: N4
Silver Demon, ?? Max HP, ?? AC, ?? Fort, ?? Ref, ?? Will, Resist ??, Vulnerable ??. MBA: ??

Hunter Demonling 1: H7
Hunter Demonling 2: H9
Hunter Demonling 3: I12
Hunter Demonling 4: G14
Hunter Demonling 5: H16
Hunter Demonling: Minion, 17 AC, 15 Fort, 16 Ref, 14 Will. MBA: Claws: +8 vs AC, 5 damage. Elemental Reflection(Free, when takes acid, cold, fire, lightning, or thunder damage from a target within 5 squares): Deal 5 of the same type of damage to the attacker.[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain and Features]The red spheres are all at ground level for whichever level they are at. Each platform it 10' higher than the last (first one is 10', next is 20', last is 30'). The walls are smooth stone, DC 25 to climb.

The dark swirling void area is... icky. You're pretty sure you don't want to go in there.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Final Round 0.jpg
    Final Round 0.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
OOC: Just a quick note about my likely trigger:
First melee attack (Dragonflame Mettle - Interrupt) Until the end of your next turn you get +1 to all defenses and any creature that hits you with a melee attack takes 1d6+4 fire damage.

Remove ads