The "I'm a Pirate" campaign platform

Tiew

First Post
I just voted for somebody who was running on an "I'm a pirate" platform. I'm at NC State University and one of the canidates for student body president has decided to basically ignore the "issues" and concentrate on being a pirate.

Apparently you don't have to give your real name, so he's running under the name "The Pirate Captain." (Actual interview excerpt. Interviewer: "ok, first name?" Canidate: "The Pirate." Interviewer: "Umm")

In the debate, all of his interviews, and basically whenever anybody sees him, he talks in pirate talk. He wears an eye-patch and a toy parrot on his shoulder, and generally dresses like a pirate. The commercial on his website is just him and his "scurvy crew" on the beach digging up burried treasure. I think his campaign slogan is "'Look it's a pirate!' vote for me."

All of the other canidates are neat frat-boyish poly-sci majors and such, so he kind of stands out by doing this. He might actually win since nobody cares about whatever issues it is that student government is supposed to have an influence over. I voted for him. :) We'll see though.

I'm not sure if this is interesting to anybody else but I just had to share.

reanjr

First Post
I'd vote for him if I could.

It seems he has a vocal minority amongst ENWorlders. That's gotta count for something.

He is distancing himself from the competition. You can either choose the pirate or one of many indistinct college drones with better qualifications. Well, if you don't care and have a sense of humor, you vote pirate. If you do care, you have to decide who to care the most about.

It could work.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard. - H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads