• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Immortals Handbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

historian

First Post
Hey Krust!

:D

Hope all is well and thanks for posting the Bestiary list.

You've done a nice job with naming your creatures -- I wish my etymology were stronger but I'm thinking it won't be too difficult to trace the name to the derivative concept (particularly when the bestiary is available).

It looks like a job well done with each creature having a good bit of flavor (not to start a separate rant but I hate it when mosters are commodotized).

I was also glad to see Thanatos (of course) and like that you've affiliated him (it) with the Four Horseman.

I'm also wondering which one of these is the CR 2000 beast?! :cool:

A couple of quick questions:

You've differentiated between a Supreme Being and Akashic Record previously. Will either have stats? Will their powers and abilities be derived from the omnific list or be unique in nature?

Would you still place IG Thanos around CR 4000? Would IG Thanos be closer to High/Time Lord or to a Supreme Being?

Thanks in advance.

historian said:
Hey Krust!

:D

Howdy historian mate! :)

historian said:
Hope all is well and thanks for posting the Bestiary list.

Well, my pleasure. Remember thats not the full list (there are two others going on there) and I may change one or two creatures or names before the final release but thats pretty much 'the' list.

historian said:
You've done a nice job with naming your creatures

I dunno, I think I may change the esoteric names of the various Umbrals (for a reason that I'll divulge at a later time) and perhaps one or two others. ;)

historian said:
-- I wish my etymology were stronger but I'm thinking it won't be too difficult to trace the name to the derivative concept (particularly when the bestiary is available).

Absolutely.

I also noticed that some other d20 companies had already released monsters with the same names (Kulshedra for instance).

Also I may remove Asmodeus from the list and just have him on the website instead - that way I can do a version of the core Asmodeus without stepping on peoples toes.

In place of Asmodeus I have been considering using Ancient Baatorians (likely under the 'common' name Ancient Ones).

historian said:
It looks like a job well done with each creature having a good bit of flavor (not to start a separate rant but I hate it when mosters are commodotized).

Well I am trying to give as much of everything as possible. The Angels, Intelligibles and Umbrals all have a seperate 'introduction' page explaining more about them.

I'm sort of in two minds about including the Cosmocrat without the other ranks of Inevitables. I prefer having all types under one roof as it were, and I have five other Inevitables pencilled in for a later product.

historian said:
I was also glad to see Thanatos (of course) and like that you've affiliated him (it) with the Four Horseman.

Indeed.

historian said:
I'm also wondering which one of these is the CR 2000 beast?! :cool:

Of course you are. :p

historian said:
A couple of quick questions:

Fire away.

historian said:
You've differentiated between a Supreme Being and Akashic Record previously. Will either have stats?

Technically you could conceivably stat the Supreme Being, but not the Akashic records. While the Akashic Records are truly infinite the Supreme Being is simply the most powerful being in existence...theres a bit more to it than that but you get the general idea.

historian said:
Will their powers and abilities be derived from the omnific list or be unique in nature?

Sort of depends on the DM, and where they set their own ceiling.

historian said:
Would you still place IG Thanos around CR 4000?

Might even be less than that. Somewhere between 724 and 11,584. It sort of depends which way you factor the multipliers. At the moment 5792 is my best guess.

historian said:
Would IG Thanos be closer to High/Time Lord or to a Supreme Being?

IG Thanos would be akin to a weak Time Lord.

HOU Thanos would (debateably*) be akin to the Supreme Being.

*If his supremacy was metaversal that is.

historian said:
Thanks in advance.

Anytime mate.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Upper_Krust said:
I'm sort of in two minds about including the Cosmocrat without the other ranks of Inevitables. I prefer having all types under one roof as it were, and I have five other Inevitables pencilled in for a later product.

Maybe you could drop some other things for the other Inevitables? Or just bump up the pricetag to $10 and include the other 5?

Zoatebix

Working on it
Do with us what you will, though I'd love to see more inevitables if you've got them. CRG's ideas are good...

-George

Hi CRGreathouse mate! :)

CRGreathouse said:
Maybe you could drop some other things for the other Inevitables? Or just bump up the pricetag to $10 and include the other 5?

I'm not sure I really want to concentrate on more than three of the dimensional factions (Angels, Intelligibles and Umbrals in this case). I like to leave some for next time. I think I have to draw the line somewhere, something I haven't done in the past hence (in part) the delays. I think theres a fairly good spread in there already and I have some 45 (now) pencilled in for a second bestiary (for after the full IH release).

After the first bestiary I can listen to feedback and hear what people like and dislike, or want to see, and design the second bestiary accordingly.

Hey Zoatebix mate! :)

Zoatebix said:
Do with us what you will, though I'd love to see more inevitables if you've got them. CRG's ideas are good...

Well I am sure they will surface inevitably*, if not in this bestiary then the next. At the moment I only really have the Cosmocrat designed, with outlines and ideas for the others.

*Couldn't resist. :eek:

Baronovan

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
Hey Fëanor matey! :)

Or Baranovan if you prefer. :D

Baronovan is fine, really. "Fëanor" ended up seeming a rather silly name considering all the work I've done on Middle-earth over at DF. Statting one's namesake... can perturb the mind. :)

Oh, no problem. :)

Well the bestiary is gonna cost about $9.

Sounds good. I'm looking forward to your interpretation of some of the creature concepts you put up on your site.

I will - appreciate the support mate.

Always.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Upper_Krust said:
Well I am sure they will surface inevitably*, if not in this bestiary then the next. At the moment I only really have the Cosmocrat designed, with outlines and ideas for the others.

*Couldn't resist. :eek:

I would like to see the Cosmocrat in the Beastiary, though, if you can manage.

Nifelhein

First Post
Hi UK!!!

I am eager to get this and I was surfing Mongoose's website and saw an immortal's handbook there, not yet released... i it yours? I know that you were not saying who was going to release the print form before time allowed, but if it is them, then they have already done so...

Cheers,

Nif.

Hi Baronovan mate! :)

Baronovan said:
Baronovan is fine, really. "Fëanor" ended up seeming a rather silly name considering all the work I've done on Middle-earth over at DF. Statting one's namesake... can perturb the mind. :)

I prefer Baronovan if only because I can type that without having to copy the 'ë' which isn't on my computer.

Baronovan said:
Sounds good. I'm looking forward to your interpretation of some of the creature concepts you put up on your site.

Hey thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads