• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Immortals Handbook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya mate! :)

CRGreathouse said:
I would like to see the Cosmocrat in the Beastiary, though, if you can manage.

So you would rather see one Inevitable detailed on its own rather than have them all at the same time at a later date?

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Upper_Krust said:
So you would rather see one Inevitable detailed on its own rather than have them all at the same time at a later date?

Correct. I'd like to see the others eventually, but it's more important to see the Cosmocrat in the Beastiary.

Nifelhein said:

Hey Nifelhein! :)

Nifelhein said:
I am eager to get this and I was surfing Mongoose's website and saw an immortal's handbook there, not yet released... i it yours? I know that you were not saying who was going to release the print form before time allowed, but if it is them, then they have already done so...

The Mongoose book (Book of Immortals) is not mine (Immortals Handbook).

It looks very interesting (I'll definately be buying it). Although from the copy on Mongoose website they seem to suggest immortals are somewhere between mortals and gods, rather than actual gods. So it'll be curious to see what they are 'playing at'. :)

Hey guys! :)

Knight Otu said:
You will not dare to drop the Cosmocrats from the Bestiary!

*hands Anabstercorian a bigger chainsaw*

:p

CRGreathouse said:
Correct. I'd like to see the others eventually, but it's more important to see the Cosmocrat in the Beastiary.

Okay, okay. Cosmocrat stays. I hear and obey. :D

historian

First Post
Hey Krust! :)

Also I may remove Asmodeus from the list and just have him on the website instead - that way I can do a version of the core Asmodeus without stepping on peoples toes.

In place of Asmodeus I have been considering using Ancient Baatorians (likely under the 'common' name Ancient Ones).

Not a bad idea in my estimation. The only Ancient Baatorian that I know of offhand is Asmodeus, would Beelzebub also qualify?

I'm also in favor of (but only if manageable) putting up "sneak peeks" on the website. I particularly enjoyed Godzilla (a real beast) and the tarrasque which have fans ogling over what the CR 2000 (or 3000 by the U_K scale) creature would look like.

[IG Thanos] Might even be less than that [CR 4000]. Somewhere between 724 and 11,584. It sort of depends which way you factor the multipliers. At the moment 5792 is my best guess.

:D FWIW I think 5792 sounds about right. At CR 724, IG Thanos would "only" be about 12-15 times as powerful as regular Thanos (no slouch BTW). Anecdotally, I would say that the IG pushed him well beyond that.

I also like where you have HOU Thanos (more along the lines of -- maybe -- being a Supreme Being rather than an Akashic Record). :cool:

historian said:
Hey Krust! :)

Hiya mate! :)

historian said:
Not a bad idea in my estimation. The only Ancient Baatorian that I know of offhand is Asmodeus, would Beelzebub also qualify?

I wouldn't even put Asmodeus in that group.

historian said:
I'm also in favor of (but only if manageable) putting up "sneak peeks" on the website. I particularly enjoyed Godzilla (a real beast) and the tarrasque which have fans ogling over what the CR 2000 (or 3000 by the U_K scale) creature would look like.

Yeah sorry about the lack of updates but when you are concentrating on one thing its distracting to have to take time off for another. I think after I have the first pdf out I will be able to relax more and get more articles added to the website.

historian said:
:D FWIW I think 5792 sounds about right. At CR 724, IG Thanos would "only" be about 12-15 times as powerful as regular Thanos (no slouch BTW). Anecdotally, I would say that the IG pushed him well beyond that.

Good point. Rating everyone he defeated and we can easily say hes beyond CR 724.

historian said:
I also like where you have HOU Thanos (more along the lines of -- maybe -- being a Supreme Being rather than an Akashic Record). :cool:

;)

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Upper_Krust said:
Also I may remove Asmodeus from the list and just have him on the website instead - that way I can do a version of the core Asmodeus without stepping on peoples toes.

In place of Asmodeus I have been considering using Ancient Baatorians (likely under the 'common' name Ancient Ones).

I'll echo historian here -- this sounds like a good idea.

Hi all! :)

I posted this over at dicefreaks, I thought it might interest some of you Dragonball fans.

By the way thanks for the feedback CRGreathouse dude! ;)

Mirtek said:
You can't even closely accurate capture DBZ in D20 stats.

Never say never Mirtek mate! ;)

Mirtek said:
At the beginning of the Sayan Saga, Nappa and Vegeta casually destroyed an entire planet, each pointing a single hand at it and firing a beam.

If they could destroy a whole planet (how much damages does this take in D20?)

Extrapolating d20 Modern (Low Physical Factor)

approx...4 Exatons (shatter Earth sized planet) = 23,040d6 (average 80,640)

Mirtek said:
at power level 4,000 and 18,000, then what can they do at X,000,000,000,[...]

Well assuming their energy blasts can do 1d6 per power level point and their physical attacks in the region of 1 point per power level point (before strength). They could do some ridiculous damage, certainly blowing up any individual celestial body though I am wondering if we ever see at any point a galaxy is ever destroyed or a star blown up?

By my (rough) calculations:

276,552 d6 (967,932) to destroy Earth's Sun.

26,548,992 d6 (92,921,472) to destroy the Milky Way Galaxy.

2,548,700,000 d6 (8,920,400,000) to destroy the Universe*

*Assuming approx. 100 billion galaxies which is the current scientific estimate.

So taking these figures as given:

By the end of the Frieza saga the main characters could comfortably destroy the Earths Sun.

By the Imperfect Cell Saga, the main characters could comfortably destroy the galaxy.

At no point could the characters destroy the universe in one blast although Sin Shenron and SS4 Gogeta would be very close. Presumably SS4 Goku's Universal Spirit Bomb is pretty much right on the button.

Any comments?

By the way I am thinking that (extrapolating the above procedure) perhaps dividing Power Level by 2 could determine character level as that sort of fits if we continue the Monk Damage above 20th.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
I have a comment/question about Strength, carrying capacity, scaling, and physical factor.

In the past you've mentioned that you thought damage scaled poorly with Strength -- if Strength 200-300 is enough to lift the world, then +120 damage or so is small. To what degree did this carrying capacity scaling affect your design choices, vs. other measures of what damage/Strength mean?

For myself, I think I'll just redo the carrying capacity system, since there's an easy fix for it.

CRGreathouse said:
[A]bout 9 months ago I figured it would take you until roughly my birthday (mid-late October) to get the Apotheosis PDF out, and it seems that wasn't too far off* -- except it will be the Beastiary instead of Apotheosis to come out first.

Upper_Krust said:
Funnily enough I actually remember you saying that and I thought by now I'd even have the print version ready. :eek:

I'll be disappointed if the print version isn't out by my *following* birthday. I imagine that after the book leaves your hands, there could be more delays on the (yet-unnamed) publisher's part that slows the process down further.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads