• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The In Character Character Game: Part III

dream66_

First Post
"I'm assuming we're not planning to pay for things.. since, like the chasiers are gone... so I really must insist we give everything back that we don't damage when we're done. Call it looking out for my shares of stock."

neoweasel

First Post
dream66_ said:
"I'm assuming we're not planning to pay for things.. since, like the chasiers are gone... so I really must insist we give everything back that we don't damage when we're done. Call it looking out for my shares of stock."
"Actually, I was planning to either leave cash on the register or ring the sales up. I'm not familiar with the cash registers they use at Wal-Mart but they can't be THAT difficult to use."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
neoweasel said:
"Actually, I was planning to either leave cash on the register or ring the sales up. I'm not familiar with the cash registers they use at Wal-Mart but they can't be THAT difficult to use."

"Why? There's a decent chance that any Walmart we find only exists in this shared hallucination, and will cease to exist when Barney is destroyed. Even if it is a real Walmart, no one is actually going to be hurt to any measurable degree if we take a handful of guns. It's not exactly a mom-and-pop store."

neoweasel

First Post
Paxus Asclepius said:
"Why? There's a decent chance that any Walmart we find only exists in this shared hallucination, and will cease to exist when Barney is destroyed. Even if it is a real Walmart, no one is actually going to be hurt to any measurable degree if we take a handful of guns. It's not exactly a mom-and-pop store."
"Your decision to do what I consider to be the right thing is totally immaterial to me. I have agreed to abide by the laws of this nation and I will NOT fail to follow through on that agreement without just cause. I do not consider the fact that it might be a little inconvenient to me to be sufficient cause. I will not tell you how to live your life and I would appreciate a similar curtesy on your part."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
neoweasel said:
"Your decision to do what I consider to be the right thing is totally immaterial to me. I have agreed to abide by the laws of this nation and I will NOT fail to follow through on that agreement without just cause. I do not consider the fact that it might be a little inconvenient to me to be sufficient cause. I will not tell you how to live your life and I would appreciate a similar curtesy on your part."

"I wasn't attacking your way of life, just asking an honest question." Joe steps backwards a pace or two. "Was it really that offensive?"

neoweasel

First Post
Paxus Asclepius said:
"I wasn't attacking your way of life, just asking an honest question." Joe steps backwards a pace or two. "Was it really that offensive?"
Andrew grimaces and coughs quietly.

"I apologize for snapping at you. I am trying to adjust to a world that is not acting the way that I am used to. I also have a few friends that I am more than a little concerned for. I am not sure there is anything I can do for them, and that feels like a failure on my part. It is possible that anything we encounter, including stores, is part of a large hallucination. I do not believe that we should assume that it is, and that we should accept responsibility for our actions based on the assumption that everything we see and do is real. Perhaps not the reality we're used to."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
neoweasel said:
we should accept responsibility for our actions based on the assumption that everything we see and do is real. Perhaps not the reality we're used to."

"I'm with you there, but then, I'd have no problem stealing from a Walmart I knew was real, if I wouldn't get caught. As you said, if you don't tell me how to live my life, I won't tell you how to live yours."

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
"No reason to get worked up, eh?" interjects Tom, in an effort to calm the situation some. "Besides, the place may be staffed anyway and this all becomes rather moot. This restaurant has a ex-special forces chef," he continues dryly. "Who knows? Perhaps the Wal-mart greeters will be illegal aliens of the X-files kind."

neoweasel

First Post
Thomas Hobbes said:
"No reason to get worked up, eh?" interjects Tom, in an effort to calm the situation some. "Besides, the place may be staffed anyway and this all becomes rather moot. This restaurant has a ex-special forces chef," he continues dryly. "Who knows? Perhaps the Wal-mart greeters will be illegal aliens of the X-files kind."
"Well, in that case, I would ask them to take me to their leader and ask him to provide me with advanced technology so that he could go home. I wouldn't work, but it never hurts to try."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
neoweasel said:
"Well, in that case, I would ask them to take me to their leader and ask him to provide me with advanced technology so that he could go home. I wouldn't work, but it never hurts to try."

"Unless they've read 'To Serve Man.' I'd rather not be provided with a light orange glaze and a hint of oregano."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads