The Invasion of Baskrant (northbound) Judges: N/A, DM: Cute-Hydra

Fyrm

First Post
Mercurial moves closer to his friends, slipping out a dagger. Hey! That hurt. Take this.
His dagger starts glowing, and as he tries to slip it into the Eladrin, the glow radiats to his nearby companions.
OOC: Move: shift to C6
Minor: draw dagger
Standard: Magic Weapon on Eladrin in B6. If it hits, Shale and Atheone get a +1 to hit, and a +2 to damage.

Donutboy

First Post
OOC: Who is it we're waiting on, and what should we do about it?
Skip his turn? Have someone else act for him? Some other third thing?

Sasahara

First Post
OOC: It looks like we're waiting for Hunzu, and Darksteed had asked some questions of Hydra that I haven't seen answered. Maybe he's waiting on Hydra's answers?

salt3d

First Post
OOC: Not that Darksteed qualifies as it does appear he's waiting for a response befor Hunzu acts, but I think if anyone hasn't posted in time their character should delay/skip their turn. The amount of time allowed before this happens should be at the DM's discretion.

My take on the description is that the chain guy is still on the other boat in one of columns 3,4 & 5, and has at least cover, if not superior cover. The other eladrin may or may not be adjacent to him.

salt3d

First Post
OOC: By the way, I found the below in the other adventure the DM is running alongside this one. At a guess I'd say he's likely to provide an update in the next few hours. If Darksteed can get in before then it'll give Hydra a chance to provide a full update and we can get into round 2. To that end I'd say just go for the male eladrin that's already on board, because the female may have already met her end.

EDIT: I'd also like to ask Hydra whether the mast provides any cover or concealment, and if there is anything else on the desk that does either.

OOC: For the record, due to running 2 games I will be updating one a night, so will alternate, in game terms expect a night between each of my posts, this gives everyone a chance to respond. It also means I don't lose too much of my life updating maps every day, I will try and sort out this one with coordinates and stick it in sblocks :) just a heads up so you are not checking to see if I bothered answering.

Last edited:

Darksteed

First Post
OOC: Nope. I need my questions answered before I can go. My attacks make people attack each other. Not waiting my attack if you guys have already killed the pair of them.

Cover or superior cover really does not matter to a magic missile for some auto damage. I'd really like to know the distance as range 10 and 20 is rather far. I'll post as soon as I get an answer.

I check the forums about 5 to 6 times a day. So I'm always on top of what's going on. Once he posts an answer within an hour or so of his post I'll post up mine as well. I won't usually hold anything up unless there are questions needed to be answered like this time.

As for time wise. Salt is correct usually at the beginning of an adventure a DM will state how many days will go by without anyone posting an action before he or she carries on. Generally it's about two days. After that point most DMs make the PC use an appropriate At-Will power against the creatures.

Just be patient and things will carry on shortly. PbP is always a slow way of rping but it's also a fun way as well. Just don't expect to rush through it is all. :)

Cute-Hydra

First Post
OOC: Apologies for being longer than usual, all the eladrin are still alive and the chain guy and other person is two squares away, so two squares off the bridge.

The mast provides cover -5 to shoot through.

Yes, don't worry about inserting yourself Donutboy. I'l give Darksteed time to post, as he said he checks regularly, and I'l update the fight later.

Darksteed

First Post
*Hunzu straightens himself out as he realizes that they are being boarded by hooligans none the less. Standing from his casual lean against the boats railing. He straightens out his suit and fixes his top hat. Gripping his polearm in one hand, he looks out at the two presently upon the ship. His eyes begin to glow with power, then with a light wave of his hand. His thoughts forcefully enter the two eladrins brains. His hollow voice whispering subtle suggestions about how nice it would be to go for a swim on a day like this. Why fight when there is more fun to be had in swimming. Only one of them seems to by into it. All the others can see is the eladrin suddenly moving off to jump over the railing and into the water. Hunzu casually moves closer to the other Eladrin left on board currently.*

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Beguiling Strands
-Target: Close Blast 5 (Eladrin 1 (C2)/Eladrin 2 (B6))
-Attack: +4 vs. Will (7;Miss/16;Hit)
-Damage: 4 PSYCHIC damage. (4 PSYCHIC damage)
-Effect: Eladrin 2 (B6) is pushed to -A11. (At A7, Eladrin 2 (B6) gets a saving throw to not fall into the water. 10+ he makes the save and falls prone in A7. 9- he goes for a swim over at -A11. -A is just the square set just above A, didn't know what to name it really.)

Move: Move to D5[/sblock]

[sblock=Hunzu]Hunzu- Male Shardmind Enchanter 1
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 17

AC:14, Fort:12, Reflex:14, Will:14

Speed:6

HP:24/24, Temp HP:
Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:8/8

Powers-
Light
Mage Hand
Beguiling Strands
Hypnotism
Magic Missile

Action Point [ ]
Charm of Misplaced Wrath [ ]
Second Wind [ ]
Shard Swarm [ ]
Suggestion [ ]

Wizard’s Fury [ ][/sblock]

Last edited:

Donutboy

First Post
OOC: I'm sorry for inserting myself, but I thought if I posted, I might generate activity, nad then if enough activity was generated the missing person might be compelled to post. I'll keep that in mind to not do that in the future.

Cute-Hydra

First Post
OOC:
Update:

One Eladrin jumps from the ship into the waves, the other takes a little damage but nothing serious.

The chainmaster storms the boat, attacking sapo 6 times with its spiked chain,
four hits, 6damage, 7 damage, 8 damage, 5 damage.

The eladrin misses with its strike on Mercurial.

The other eladrin teleports away.

----
Stats:
Chainfighter (elite)
AC 22, Fort 19, Reflex 19, Will 17
Eladrin,
AC 19, Fort 13, Reflex, 15, Will 15
[sblock=map]
http://www.enworld.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=47518&stc=1&d=1298613605
[/sblock]

Attachments

• ship update 2.jpeg
    ship update 2.jpeg
    50.9 KB · Views: 129

Remove ads