The Key to Esantria(4.0)

Erwinfoxjj

First Post
OK, after finally graduating and preparing for College I am back. i want to start a new game of 4.0 DnD. The game is set in the world of Aberoth. The characters begin as citizens of the town of Hillshire, settled in the Northern province of Westphalian. To the west lie the jagged peaks of the Ogren Tooth Mountains, the northern border is the Ruh'rin River, and the east is divided by the King Slitten River. In the south is the Ruhr'ron River. I will upload a map for everyone of the kingdom of Athles. Each citizen is a member of the Town Militia and has training in leather armor and Long Sword. The skills are open for pretty much anyone to create a skill, just submit it to me first in a PM for approval. I only have access to the 3 core rulebooks, sorry, but I will only accept classes and races from them. Dragon born are not playable characters, too. Eladrin are the High Elf Civilized types while Elves are Wood Dwellers with there own forest kingdoms in the kingdom, but are being driven out by creatures coming out of the earth its self. A list of professions will be put on the Rogues Gallery thread, and each player may choose ONE profession. I emphasize Role Playing and would like to see some vices to make characters human. Speaking of which, Humans run the kingdom but Dwarves come from the mountains to trade, but in this case are mostly here because of creatures over running their Holds. Halflings are tinkerers and inventors who have lived in the hills to the south for some time before the jungle over took them, now they live amongst humans taking on their traditions usually but keeping their inquisitive aspect of themselves.

I will check the thread probably twice a week, at least once a week, but because of College my first year will be busy. Any questions let me know. (My folks don't think I should start this now, but I will be sure to keep a close eye on it;))

Erwinfoxjj

First Post
Professions of the Citizens of Hillshire

Blacksmith
+2 Str +1 Con
Skill: Black Smithing (Con+Str/2=skill bonus)
Item: Smiths Tool

Stable Hand
+1 Wis 2 Dex
Skill: Animal Husbandry/Empahty (Wis)
Item: Pouch of Animal Feed

Farmer
+2 Con +1 Str
Skill: Agriculture (con)
Item: Assorted Seeds

Priest
+2 Cha +1 Wis
skill: Bluff (Cha)
Item: Holy Water

Town Guard
+1 Dex +1 Str +1 Wis
Skill: Perception (Wis)
Item: +20 gold

Hunter
+2 Wis +1 Dex
Skill: Tracking (Wis)
Item: Bow/Cross Bow and Quiver of Arrows/Bolts

Town Crier
+3 Cha
Skill: Diplomacy (Cha)
Item: Quill, Ink, and Parchment

Cut Purse
+3 Dex
Skill: Pick Pocket (Dex)
Item: Finger knife

Last edited:

Camelot

Adventurer
I would love to join! I like to play whatever role needs filling, so I'll come up with a character once I see what anyone else comes up with. If you need any more information, just ask.

Erwinfoxjj

First Post
I will pretty much accept ANYTHING, but you will have to type it out for me so I know. I have the prologue ready once we hit 4 we can begin. I will create a Rouge gallery page. Use invisible Castle for rolling. All Exterior links will be posted in the original post.

Camelot

Adventurer
Just a couple of clarifications questions concerning the house rules:

* The training in leather armor and long swords is in addition to what the class grants?

* The profession ability bonuses are in addition to the race bonuses?

* The profession skills are trained? And what ability scores do they use?

I know the answers are probably obvious, but I want to double check before we start so there's no confusion.

Walking Dad

First Post
I will pretty much accept ANYTHING, but you will have to type it out for me so I know. I have the prologue ready once we hit 4 we can begin. I will create a Rouge gallery page. Use invisible Castle for rolling. All Exterior links will be posted in the original post.

I have a feeling you would also allow a power or two from another source :)
I can live with this restrains.

I will make a dwarf blacksmith / trader (class: fighter).

Erwinfoxjj

First Post
Fine, if you make me. JK :) You post an idea, I review it, I make a ruling, and well it happens or doesn't happen. If u have ideas for professions tell me

Walking Dad

First Post
Only a cb build. I will have to sort out equipment:

Urdon, level 1
Dwarf, Fighter
Fighter Talents: Two-handed Weapon Talent

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 18, Dex 13, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 10.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 16, Dex 13, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 10.

AC: 17 Fort: 16 Reflex: 11 Will: 13
HP: 33 Surges: 13 Surge Value: 8

TRAINED SKILLS
Heal +8, Athletics +9, Endurance +11

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +1, Arcana, Blacksmith +8, Bluff, Diplomacy, Dungeoneering +5, History, Insight +3, Intimidate, Nature +3, Perception +3, Religion, Stealth +1, Streetwise, Thievery +1

FEATS
Level 1: Dwarven Weapon Training

POWERS
Fighter at-will 1: Brash Strike
Fighter at-will 1: Cleave
Fighter encounter 1: Passing Attack
Fighter daily 1: Brute Strike

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, Scale Armor, Mordenkrad, Javelin

Remove ads