• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Kontinuum wants You!!

Robbert Raets

Explorer
So, I've been kicking an idea around...
Know that Star Trek: the Next Generation episode called "Hide and Q"?

What if that happens in a D&D world? Suppose a group of minor gods who call themselves the Kueweh Kontinuum went looking for prospective members. What and who would they look for? Let's design characters who are recruted and hold a smackdown in Fight Club.

I'm open to suggestions for level limits and possible Divine Rank and ideas about k3wl arena's/locations or situations.

"Think fast, Commander Riker."

Jemal

Adventurer
Actually, while I got the Idea from somewhere else, that's the basic idea behind my ARENA game.. heroes selected to compete in an arena tournament thingey, and every year there is a tournament for the top 10-ranked beings, and the winner becomes a 'greater being' of mucho power.

Robbert Raets

Explorer
Mr. Jemal, I liked the Arena thing and would've liked to compete if I had caught up with it earlier, but now I'm looking for fights between people who actually are already ascended; That's why I mentioned Divine Rank. As for Mr. Audron's requiest for details; I want as much Player Input as possible, so nothing is set in stone yet. Perhaps you have a few suggestions?

Jemal

Adventurer
first off, Pls don't call me 'MR Jemal', it's a first name and just doesn't sound right.. it'd be like calling you mr bob. (*L* actually I've called people that before..) :)
Jemal is good enough for me.. of course, if u really wanna call me "MR", then you can use 'Mr. Priscus'.
Pls note that I'm not mad or anything, it just sounds strange to me.

Anyways, your idea sounds cool. I don't have the dieties and Demigods book, but I have read it through a few times, so sure I've got some ideas.

Were you thinking the 'recruits' would fight each other, or complete challenges or fights against other (DM-made) beings? I'ld personally like the second version, b/c the first would need a LOT of people, if someone is dieing every fight. Are these the kind of details you want, or is there something you had in mind allready?

As for Divine Ranks/Lvl... I think they should be connected somehow... Maybe 1 rank for every 5 or 6 lvls or whatever of the characters? That makes some sense, as there aren't very many low-lvl 'gods' who are moer powerful than high-lvl ones, so you'ld expect that at higher lvl they'd have more 'divine power'

Also, I've never been to Fight Club, but if you're planning on running it like a game, wouldn't the IC forum be better for that?

Robbert Raets

Explorer
Actually, mr Priscus, I was indeed looking to pit PC's against each other. But we can easily adapt that to the Kueweh Kontinuum throwing challenges at the Qandidates.

...And it's probably not likely that a god dies after a single fight, especially if we use the Gladiator rules from Dungeon & Dragon Magazines. Could be k3wl if everybody has at least 29 Charisma and the Alter Reality salient divine ability :)

And I like the level/divine rank link you propose.

Jemal

Adventurer
Robbert Raets said:
Could be k3wl if everybody has at least 29 Charisma and the Alter Reality salient divine ability :)

SHHH!!!! Stop giving away my secrets. ;)

And I like the level/divine rank link you propose.

tnx.

What lvl you thinking of? Stat point system? Books allowed? ETc?

Robbert Raets

Explorer
Jemal said:

SHHH!!!! Stop giving away my secrets. ;)

The first thing I thought when I read the entry for Alter Reality was >FINGERSNAP< "Q!"

What lvl you thinking of? Stat point system? Books allowed? ETc?

Level probably 15+, maybe even Epic. Any books by Lizards are okay, since I have all those :)

OGL or D20 products maybe, send me a copy of the rules you'd like to use or ask if I have a particualr book.

Jemal

Adventurer
Resources:
Dragon magazines?
Mongoose publishings "Quintessential" series? (Quintessential Elf, Quintessential Wizard, Quintessential Fighter, etc, etc)
My brain? (MUAHAHAHA!!!!)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads