The Last of Us (HBO Max)

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
well, that was taken directly from the comic book. It was the "gift" kirkman gave the community for the (I think) 100th edition of the comic.
Im not talking about what happened, im talking about how it happened. They toyed with the audience a lot. Added unnecessary filler, talking dead water cooler show, video game tie ins, spin off promotions, online only series, etc..

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
My wife and I just watched it and really enjoyed it. We don't own a Playstation and while I have a general idea of what happens in each game, she does not.

If this was an episode of the Walking Dead, it'd be the best episode outside of the TWD premiere. Nice to see a zombie apocalypse where everyone doesn't turn into cartoonish villains. (Yes, let's become cannibals in the American South, which is already neck-deep in whitetail deer without a zombie apocalypse. That 100% makes sense.)

Uniformly great cast.

payn

So, im a bit torn.

The clicker art was fantastic! The scene at the museum was great. I think folks unfamiliar with the game will get a lot out of it, and again, fans of the game will certainly approve.

Did not care for the change to Tess's last stand. I loved how her sacrifice went down in the game. Also, she got to go out a bad ass the way she was. This change felt a bit off. I guess the showrunners wanted to show the fungal assimilation is not always violent. I dont know I feel like at this point with everything Tess has been through she would be ready for this eventuality and not be so afraid. Then again, who is in the face of death?

The fungal vein communication is interesting. Though, it makes encountering an infected seem like survivability went from low to null.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/they)
If anything the show has toned it down a notch.

So far the show has been absolutely excellent. From a story and setting perspective Boston is the roughest part of the game. It's all up-hill from here.

What remains to be seen is if the most important character from the game makes it into the show:
Ellie's Joke Book. No joke book is an immediate 0/10 review from me.

payn

If anything the show has toned it down a notch.

So far the show has been absolutely excellent. From a story and setting perspective Boston is the roughest part of the game. It's all up-hill from here.

What remains to be seen is if the most important character from the game makes it into the show:
Ellie's Joke Book. No joke book is an immediate 0/10 review from me.
Yeah no joke book, but the "you're a weird kid" line had me busting a laugh.

TreChriron

Adventurer
Supporter
I watched the premier and episode 2 on Sunday. I'm really digging the concept. I don't play videogames these days, but the story has me intrigued. I love the idea of Cordyceps zombies. It is truly a terrifying scenario.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases