• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Legend of Korra

Mercutio01

First Post
Yeah, mine is something like that, except move Korra to 11 and I don't watch Transformers or Bleach, but still, two full hours of decent cartoons--I haven't had that kind of Saturday since 1992 with Darkwing Duck, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and X-Men.

GSHamster

Adventurer
It's been good but not great.

Did you see today's?

Aman is a superb villain. Effective, brilliant, and yet with an underlying sense of righteousness. The way he used the finals as a metaphor for their society was a beautiful piece of rhetoric.

I think today's episode pushed it up into great.

Crothian

First Post
Ya, I saw yesterday's. The story is well written and the metaphor is great but frankly I'm not a fan of Aman. I find him a boring villain.

Krug

Newshound
Ya, I saw yesterday's. The story is well written and the metaphor is great but frankly I'm not a fan of Aman. I find him a boring villain.

I think he's a great villain, who has his own motivation for trying to destroy the benders.

I'm also glad that the makers of the series have tapped on classic martial art movies. The notion of using Chi to block bender powers, and also Aman's ability to take bending away, is a reference to classic genre tropes.

Remove ads