The Legend of Korra

Dragonblade

Adventurer
Nickelodeon posted first two episodes of Korra online!

First two episodes of The Legend of Korra are available to watch now online courtesy of Nickelodeon.

Legend of Korra: Korra Nation

So far the first eps are awesome! The original Avatar: The Last Airbender is my second favorite animated series of all time behind only Naruto, so I will be watching this.

If all you know of The Last Airbender is the horrible M. Night Shyamalan movie, then you need to watch the animated show. The movie is garbage.

Also, this series has nothing to do with James Cameron's epic CG ripoff of Dances with Wolves despite the name Avatar. I loathe that movie, but that's a rant for another time. :)

Krug

Newshound
Well the first two episodes are available online from various places, including the FB page I believe. https://www.facebook.com/legendofkorra

Seen them, and I enjoyed both episodes. It's different from Avatar (movie? what movie?), and it's a post-Aang world with lots of steampunk influence and
metal benders
. Not so much of an epic plotline, just the impetuous main character trying to come to terms with who she is.. for now.

Lovely design, intriguing new world and likeable characters. Can't wait for the next ep!

fba827

Adventurer
agreed - was watching it yesterday.
loved the original series so was anxious to see this one and it looks like they set it up to be a bit more, well, urban and localized.

they definitely kept the same world but changed enough that it won't feel like the same series all over again with just a different avatar

things that stuck out at me
[sblock]
the older daughter asking katara about Zuko's mother, Katara about to answer saying that it is such a long and interesting story, and then getting cut off by the middle child. way to playfully tease us! *shakes angry fist*

That one of Tenzin's brothers was named Boomie -- after Ang's friend (I didn't cathc the other sibling names, so they may well have been named after other people too)

The character was named Mako, no doubt after the voice actor Mako who played Uncle who passed away during the Avatar's production.

also the reference to sokka being gone - wonder if that was a natural passing on or something in particular happened
[/sblock]

in terms of potential plotlines, a few main ones seemed to get the foundation laid out...
[sblock]
*Korra coming to understand herself her role and her abilities etc
*Toph's daughter (the chief of police) seemed to think Korra shouldn't be there - so some butting of heads will surely be happening
*the regular city crime syndicate, she already got into a confrontation with one group that was described as a large and powerful criminal family.. surely it will come back to
* the antibenders led by the masked man
* teen romance between korra and Mako (... i did not realize that the voice actor was "Bud Bundy" until i looked it up later)
[/sblock]

anyway, looking forward to the series. (which starts Saturday April 14th. in the morning at like 11am or something like that.. at least in the US)

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Looks like Toph had at least one child. Wonder who the father was though. Maybe it's been a while, but I don't really remember her having any 'love interest' in the first series.

Anywho, while I know I'm gonna miss many of the old characters, I think I'm still going to enjoy this new series even though I don't think the Polar Bear Dog is quite as cool an animal companion as the two in the first series.

frankthedm

First Post
Screw regionblocking. Just censorship by a different name.
Not even close. It is their content, if they want to sell products or release free content to only certain nations, that is the studio's prerogative. The planet isn't One Nation Under the Internet.

Kaodi

Hero
The planet isn't One Nation Under the Internet.

All of that other stuff is extraneous, because it simply makes no sense to give only your 300 million person strong primary market a free preview and not give it to everyone else. Either they are constrained in some way, or they are just dumb.

Mercutio01

First Post
All of that other stuff is extraneous, because it simply makes no sense to give only your 300 million person strong primary market a free preview and not give it to everyone else. Either they are constrained in some way, or they are just dumb.

So why jump to the second conclusion? Why not assume the first?

I am extremely annoyed that the BBC (and Doctor Who in particular) is region blocked, but I am left with two options--piracy or wait for it to come out here in the US. I think it's dumb for it to be region blocked, but my default assumption is that there is some legitimate reason for it to be that way--whether it's money, licensing, or that unblocking it would kill the servers, or some other reason that hasn't crossed my mind.

Remove ads