[+] The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power - SPOILERS ALLOWED

Ryujin

Legend
Most of the tinevyes. Sometimes I get it wrong though so a strong Canadian accent I can.

Some have a generic mid Atlantic type accent and unless they say about one can mistake them for Muricans. Much to their chagrin.

Sometimes I can broadly pick an American accent eg wid west, west coast, Southern, east coast very rarely state.

I can't get Canadian or English regional ones not sure they exist in Australia. With English I can sometimes tell they're from somewhere but I don't know them well enough to guess where that some where is.
I have legitimately never met someone who has a "Mid-Atlantic Accent" and have only heard it in old radio serials, and movies from the 1930s.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
My personal guess: Sauron is the evil sword of evilness. He is a shapechanger, no reason he can't disguise himself as an object.
This would be a new ability. Maia were spirits who could put on flesh bodies like clothing. It wasn't really shapechanging and they couldn't do objects.

Arilyn

Hero
Accents and accent influences are interesting. I grew up in the Vancouver area. In grade one, my teacher had an Irish accent that I kinda picked up. I didn't sound Irish but my parents said my inflections changed, especially my rs, and right up into my teens, people I'd run into assumed I was American.

Zardnaar

Legend
I have legitimately never met someone who has a "Mid-Atlantic Accent" and have only heard it in old radio serials, and movies from the 1930s.

For me it's that rare American with no string accent and some Canadians have it.

I usually guess east coast/NE USA but it's not exact.

Zubatcarteira

Now you're infected by the Musical Doodle
They're definitely changing a lot in regards to lore, compressing the timeline and stuff. Not a huge issue for me, even the LoTR movies changed a ton of stuff.

Dioltach

Legend
Amazon turned off the on-site reviews for a couple of days, because Rings of Power is being review bombed by those same toxic trolls you stumbled across. This is, sadly, the new normal.

Most fans and viewers are not so toxic, but those toxic trolls are LOUD and OBNOXIOUS . . . and tiresome. Every fandom has them now, and they feel very entitled to not just share their opinions, but to actively work at bringing down shows and the entertainers involved.

Makes me sad for humanity.
They started well before the first episode had even aired. Which kind of destroyed any credibility they could possibly have had.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
The "Mid-Atlantic Accent" has a naming issue. Since the phony accent is called that, but there are people who do live in a region of the US called the Mid-Atlantic and they do have a distinctive accent, it leads to confusion.

Basically, watch the characters on The Wire and you get a very Baltimore ("Ballmur") version of it, but it's generally representative.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Oh, right, because Appeals to Authority are really convincing. It matters because it fundamentally changes who she is, even as portrayed in the movies. It would have been better to make her the voice of wisdom that she was and make the new elf the bloodthirsty one.
Why does it matter if she's changed for a different story? That's my question. Why does it matter? As for Gaiman, I'm merely pointing out that an author doesn't think it matters.....

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Why does it matter if she's changed for a different story? That's my question. Why does it matter? As for Gaiman, I'm merely pointing out that an author doesn't think it matters.....
Why does it matter that you like one food over another? Changing who people expert her to be will bother many more people(and not just Tolkien fans) than leaving her the same would have. Why irritate a lot of people if you don't have to?

Remove ads