The Lost Son ( IC Adventure Thread)

Jerrand Redband

First Post
OOG: O.K. this is it will be starting adventure here because i can't get back into the other lost son thread - here we go...

Your character has stopped at a small village near the great Freecity of Towers. It is a couple hours till sundown and you think a hot meal and bed may be in order. As you near a large three story building you believe must be an inn you notice a crowd gathering around the front, people are coming out from inside the building (mugs in hand) and others have come from up the street or across the way. As you approach you see a large man being help up onto a barrel he is round bellied and wearing an apron over his shirt and breeches. "Please, please can we quiet down alittle," he asks raising his hands. "Thank you, now for those of you who are just coming in from down the way and for those who were sleeping inside I wanted to repeat what the Master Merchant has told us." He looks at a finely dress man with a well trimmed moustache and gotee. The man nods for the innkeeper to contiune, and the innkeep turns back towards the crowd losing his balance alittle catching himself on the shoulder of a man close to him. " The farmer and his wife's son has gone missing." the innkeeper contiunes, "And we are calling upon all able men to help search for him before the sun goes down. You all know this area and you know that you shouldn't be out after sundown, what with all the creatures lurking abo--" A cry comes up from a woman standing behind the merchant she is dressed in a light blue dress and wears a bonnet on her head. As she starts to sob a man dress in plan breeches and a linen shirt puts his arms around her trying to comfort her. The merchant looks sadly at the couple and then speaks up to the crowd. "I'm willing to pay each man here who wants to go out and help find my nephew one HUNDRED, and fifty gold forlons and a bonus to each man who stays on after," he looks over at the crying mother. "Well we will discuss that more later. Alright then volunteers come stand over here by the stables." A small number of people start off towards the stable the rest head back inside or back down the road clearly whatever isn't to be faced after sundown isn't worth the money.

OOG: Please in your first post list a detail description of your character telling everyone else what they see when the look at him/her. And not just hair and eye color what equipment and weapons do you carry, do you have a cloak or wear a robe that kind of thing also. Thanks

Edit: almost forgot time till sundown: 2 hrs 12 min

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Fethwynyth, Elf Evoker

OOC: Fethwynyth heard the speech, and now makes his way over to the stable. He is an elegant looking young elf with long, dark blonde hair. He uses his quarterstaff as a walking stck, and a long sword hangs on his right hip. He is just a smidge shorter than the average elf, which is probably not even noticeable to most humans. He wears a short, green robe over a dark green tunic and leather breeches. His feet are shod with tall boots of soft leather. Fethwynyth also sports a dagger on his left hip, and a backpack made of deerskin, from which depends a light crossbow, its quiver of bolts tied to the bottom of the pack.

OOC: Fethwynyth is not in a big hurry to get to the stable. He prefers to hang back a little, and take a long look at all of those who are heading that way.

He whispers to himself, "This should be interesting. Let's just see what sorts of folk answer this call to danger and adventure."

Last edited:

Gobletchica

First Post
OOC: Tor's there but I only have a few minutes. I won't be able to get on tonight so just assume Tor was overlooked at first because she's a halfling and a lot shorter than everyone else.

jcb2772

First Post
Brotaz Warpriest of Azwan

After going back inside the inn to grab his possesions, Brotaz steps out of the inn prepared for battle. His chainmail armor is worn under a tabard split into the four colors of Azwan (Red, Yellow, Purple, and Blue). He carries a battered shield in one hand and a large warhammer in the other. His chain coif shows of his clean shaven face that supports three minor scars and a broken nose. He also has a pack (made of leather) with a bedroll and coil of rope attached to the outside. A wooden holy symbol shaped like a shield and painted Azwan's four colors hangs by a leather thong from his neck.

" Come on," he states to people walking away from the stables. " I know not all of you are afraid of the dark."

Arabesu

Grubnar eases forward leaning on his glaive, using it like a walking stick as he strides toward the stables. His steps are casual but he looks about warily. Few miss his yellow tusk jutting out from his crooked smile or his creased mountain of a brow. His numerous other weapons, a flail and several javelins held in a sheath on his back, clatter together as he steps forward.

He turns and looks out from the stable entrance toward those backing away, and through the corner of his mouth asks Brotaz "Me Grubnar. Me hit stuff with poll-ax and flail. What you do?"

As he waits for a reply, he eases against the support of his glaive. His rusted, worn, and muddied scalemail creaks in protest, and his thick mukluks make squelching sounds in the muck as he shifts his weight. With his free hand he draws back the hood of his ruddy brown cloak and raises his orcish chin proudly. Perhaps a bit too proudly. A woman's gasp at the sight of the hulking half-orc in the middle of a 'civilized' village turns heads. Grubnar takes no notice, scratching the seat of his crudely tanned leather pants absent-mindedly.

jcb2772

First Post
Addressing Grubnar

Brotaz looks at the huge half-orc and his face lights up in a little smile. "Well Grubnar, Azwan willing I'll get to smash a few things myself."
His smile broadens as he adds, " And I have a few divine magics that will help after a fight as well."

Leif

Adventurer
Fethwynyth, Elf Evoker

Having overheard Grubnar's and Brotaz's exchange, Fethwynyth approaches them. "You two look like just the sort of people that I like to face danger with: Big, and Well-Armed! My name is Fethwynyth and I am a wizard. I look forward to working with the both of you, Grubnar, and...." he turns to the cleric,"I don't believe I caught your name, sir?"

Jerrand Redband

First Post
The merchant and the missing boys parents go to stand in the middle of the small circle of people (about 13 including the pc's) "Fine, fine this will do," he starts to say. The mother has stopped crying and looks hopeful at all the people willing to help. " Now we are going to need to seperate into groups and we'll need trackers do we have any trackers?" A couple grizzly looking men and one small female with a bow on her back step forward. A couple men start smiling (but I'm sure a stern look from Tor will keep whatever they were about to say from reaching there lips). The merchant looks at the three trackers." Good three groups then. You, you and you will be with the fur trapper. And... you, you, and you can help protect the young lady, the rest go with him." (somehow and I don't know how it happened but the Pc's all ended up in the same group?? weird) " Now the fur trappers group will go up river past the creek and then come down back towards town. The rustlers group will start here and walk up river encase he's dro..." The farmer's wife starts with a fresh set of tears and the merchant just looks at her sadly. " Well just track the river. The ladies group will come back to the farm with us and try and follow the boys path from there. Alright let's get moving it will be dark soon." With that the groups go there seperate ways and leave the Pc's the merchant and parents standing by the stable.

OOG: Great introductions I see bonus xp already on the way :D
Edit: Time till sundown 2hrs 10 min

Last edited:

jcb2772

First Post
Talking to Fen..????

Brotaz takes and puts his warhammer in his shield hand and extends his empty hand. " Brotaz humble follower of the Divine Azwan and friend to any that would help these poor people." (after shaking hands) Brotaz turns to the merchant to see what he has planned for finding the lost boy.

ooc: oh Fethwynyth I should have remember that I have a cousin with that name.. lol next time I'll copy and paste it

Last edited:

Jerrand Redband

First Post
sorry Gobletchica

OOG:Sorry I couldn't keep Tor out of the adventure a little longer but her feat is going to be really helpful here in the begining and I think I made her the temporary leader too sorry will try better in the future not to control characters.

Remove ads