• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Lost Son ( IC Adventure Thread)

Gobletchica

First Post
Arabesu said:
That's ok, he is from a human tribe. Thus he's only HALF-orc. If he were a ranger he might take favored enemy half-orcs too, since he actually resents his orc parentage. Its not something he likes to talk about.
OOC: yeah, Tor's not going to mention it either. To her, he's an alright guy. He respects her tracking skills, follows the same diety she does and has stated that he will protect her. Tor's just going to be on edge around him. Her favored enemy is Orcs not Half-orcs.

IC: While everyone is talking Tor is taking a look at the base of the apple tree. She looks for small footprints, near the size of her own, to see which direction the boy left in. Tor also looks carefully through the grass to see if there are any drag marks.
"If the boy's missing, he's not in the tree. It's probably the first place his parents looked."

Last edited:

Jerrand Redband

First Post
Got ahead of me

OOG: you guys jump way ahead of me but it's o.k. Dm are suppose to be on the look out for this kind of thing :) So I can handle it.

After dropping the good wife off at the farm house the farmer takes the group to the apple tree.( For further reference anyone could have typed that sentence it would help to move the game along if you help control the npc's alittle you have my permission so go ahead make anything up you like.) He shows the group to the tree then walks back to the house telling the group that he will be waiting there with Nebin's uncle. "Good luck," he adds with a wave as he leaves the four strangers by the apple tree. The sun is below the tree tops and the shadows are long on the ground the evening is just getting quiet and Fethwynyth is casting his spell and stareing intently at the old apple tree.
Everyone is quiet around him watching and then he hears something.

Listen check= 16 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1603397/

OOG: Two things I still need to learn and thats how to hide information and how to make my links smaller.

Arabesu

Gubnar is so intent to watch the efforts of the dimminutive tracker that he probably fails to hear anything.

OOC Listen = 6

OOC By the way, quote this post and you can see how I made them...

[sblock=for Gobletchica and anyone else who is interested.]
Grubnar doesn't follow Azwan, its the other guy, Brotaz who follows that deity. I don't think I've picked a god for Grubnar yet.[/sblock]

jcb2772

First Post
OOC: Hi I'm the other guy I believe though that because of Grubnar's harsh speech Tor didn't understand what he was saying so IC Tor believe's you follow Azwan and maybe you will start it's not writin in stone you need a deity before starting to play. Are we all making listen checks if so here's mine :http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1603462/

Standing back away from the apple tree Brotaz keeps watch on the surronding woods. It is getting darker so he keeps his ears peeled for any unusal sounds in the night. But he fails to drop his chain coif and the thick padding over his head. (Listen = 4)

OOC: yep you guess it I even roll 1's online going to be a long adventure

Leif

Adventurer
Fethwynyth, Elf Mage

"Tor, as far as I know, Grubnar does serve Azwan, but we haven't specifically spoken of such personal matters." ;)

OOC: it's not generally considered terribly good, polite form for characters to speak aloud about another character's choice of Deity, at least I don't think so, anyway.

Jerrand Redband

First Post
Quoting for knowledge

Arabesu said:
Gubnar is so intent to watch the efforts of the dimminutive tracker that he probably fails to hear anything.

OOC Listen = 6

OOC By the way, quote this post and you can see how I made them...

[sblock=for Gobletchica and anyone else who is interested.]
Grubnar doesn't follow Azwan, its the other guy, Brotaz who follows that deity. I don't think I've picked a god for Grubnar yet.[/sblock]

OOG: very neat thanks Arabesu and thanks Leif for helping me get a little better everyday :)

IG: Tor needs to roll me a survival check as she looks around the tree then a listen check to see if she hears anything unusal.

And since you all want to get to the tree so fast it's now
time till sundown: 1hr 35 min

jcb2772

First Post
Gobletchica said:
IC: While everyone is talking Tor is taking a look at the base of the apple tree. She looks for small footprints, near the size of her own, to see which direction the boy left in. Tor also looks carefully through the grass to see if there are any drag marks.
"If the boy's missing, he's not in the tree. It's probably the first place his parents looked."

Brotaz scratches his chin (unaware that he should be listening very hard). He does hear what the young tracker said. "They did look here first I talked to the farmer as I helped him carry his wife inside the house."

ooc: according to e-mail from dm she fainted after Fethwynyth started talking about abductions and magic.

"I asked him again where else the boy might be, and he said that he liked to go down to the ruined church and look for treasure. The farmer said it is west to the creek and then you follow the creek north." He stops and thinks a moment."But isn't that other group going to the creek?"

Gobletchica

First Post
Leif said:
"Tor, as far as I know, Grubnar does serve Azwan, but we haven't specifically spoken of such personal matters." ;)

OOC: it's not generally considered terribly good, polite form for characters to speak aloud about another character's choice of Deity, at least I don't think so, anyway.
OOC: She didn't say it out loud. I mentioned it out of character. Also, I agree with you on that matter.

IC: Tor listens intently as she searches the ground.
Listen check
1d20+2 → [8,2] = (10)

Link http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1603568

Last edited:

jcb2772

First Post
ooc; To Gobletchica- but what does Tor believe that Grubnar is a follower of Azwan and if my brother played his house rule then rangers only get half the bonus (i.e. +1) and suffer half the animosity (i.e. -1) for 1/2 creatures of there favored enemies

Leif

Adventurer
Gobletchica said:
OOC: She didn't say it out loud. I mentioned it out of character. Also, I agree with you on that matter.

IC: Tor listens intently as she searches the ground.
Listen check
Sorry, then. My bad. :D

Remove ads