• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Lost Son ( IC Adventure Thread)

Arabesu

Grubnar's spikey gauntleted fist tightens on the haft of his glaive as he flips it over and hefts it to rest on his shoulder, with blade ahead of him where he can keep an eye on it to make sure he doesn't accidentally lop anyones head off if he turns around too quickly. Addressing Tor (OOC: our tracker is a member of our PC group right?), "Ground smeller," the words come out with revered respect in an odd sort of way, "which way? You lead. Me follow. My tribe had ground smeller too. Very skilled. You do good at ground smeller, me keep you little one from danger." Turning to Fethwynyth, "You stand here. By or behind me. Me promise not to wind at you. Me think Brotaz-humble-follower-of-the-divine-Azwan be at back in case we get attack from behind. Me think this is good way go unless we see wolves or bandits. Me and Brotaz-humble-follower-of-the-divine-Azwan rush to front if happen. Good for you?"

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Fethwynyth

Fethwynyth follows Grubnar's recommendation (he just knows that it wasn't as imperative as it sounded :) ) and takes a position between Grubnar and Brotaz. He confirms that his longsword is secure, but ready to draw in case of trouble.

"I shall follow your lead, Grubnar. By the way, where are we going exactly? Fethwynyth begins speaking the Goblin tongue, "Me not speak Orc, Grubnar. You savvy Goblin?

OOC: Oh, and Fethwynyth is VERY grateful that Grubnar said he wouldn't "wind" at me! hehe

Arabesu

Grubnar just gives a confused look to Fethwynyth and lets the goblin words slide over him and turns to concentrate on not slipping and accidentally cutting someone in twain with his ten foot poleax.

OOC: Um yeah. He barely speaks two languages. More like 1.5, hence the "me follow." He has an intelligence of 6! He would probably make a fourth addition:

Tarzan, Tonto, Frankenstein's monster, and Grubnar sing christmas carols.

Gobletchica

First Post
Jerrand Redband said:
OOG:Sorry I couldn't keep Tor out of the adventure a little longer but her feat is going to be really helpful here in the begining and I think I made her the temporary leader too sorry will try better in the future not to control characters.
OOC: It's ok. My schedule changed so I could get on tonight but I will be gone all weekend. You probably won't hear from me between Friday and Tuesday. Family trip takes precedence. I'm going to do a couple of rolls before my absence. I've never played a ranger before so I'm not sure how to utilize my Track feat or wether to break out the Knowledge skills. By the way, Tor's favored enemy is Orcs so putting the half-orc in her group probably going to cause tension.

IC: Tor looks around the group and edges away from the half-orc a bit. She relaxes slightly when he identifies himself as a follower of Azwan.
"I'm Tor. It looks like I'm going to be the leader tonight. Now does anyone know where the boy was when he was last seen?"

Last edited:

Arabesu

Gobletchica said:
By the way, Tor's favored enemy is Orcs so putting the half-orc in her group probably going to cause tension.

That's ok, he is from a human tribe. Thus he's only HALF-orc. If he were a ranger he might take favored enemy half-orcs too, since he actually resents his orc parentage. Its not something he likes to talk about.

Jerrand Redband

First Post
Where Nebin was last

" He was down climbing the apple tree when I saw him last," the farmers wife chimes in quickly. The party has been following the farmer and his wife as they lead them back towards their farmstead. The merchant was called away almost immediately by the fur trapper who doesn't like boats. " I tried to get him to come in but he kept begging to stay out it wasn't close to evening then I should have..." she breaks into a fresh set of sobs. "There, there my dearest with these brave peoples help will find Nebin. He loves to climb that old apple tree I will show you where it is maybe you will find his trail there." The farmer holding his wife contiues to lead the party down the lane out of the little village.

Time till sundown 2hrs 3mins

Edit: didn't know we were starting a second page i think this was a great day will reward you by taking the ogre encounter down from 4 to 2 lol

Last edited:

jcb2772

First Post
Questioning the parents of Nebin

Brotaz listening from the rear of the party (about 6' back) watches the farmer console his wife. " Fear not good wife, we will return Nebin to you safe and sound. Are there any other places your young son liked to play?" As he's walking rear guard he will keep an eye out to both the left and rear of the party. Noticing Fethwynyth (pasted)
looking everywhere at once trying to be on guard, he steps forward quickly and gets his attention. Quietly he whispers, " Grubnar has the front and I'll watch the rear and left. Just keep an eye on the right and your keen ears open." His scarred face breaks into a deep grin as he falls back into postion.

ooc: Arabesu that was really cool with the name I'll give you 1 funny point for it :)
To Dm: I seem to remember a house rule about 1/2 creatures and ranger favored enemies doesn't that apply here for Tor and Grubnar??

Leif

Adventurer
Fethwynyth, Elf Mage

"It seems to me that the most logical way to begin our search for young Nebin would be to carefully inspect the last place where he was known to be -- in this case, the apple tree. Perhaps we can find his trail there, or some other sign left by his abductors. Maybe they left behind some residue of evil that Brotaz can find? If nothing else, maybe I can find some trace of magical residue that was left over? Grubnar, why don't we go see the apple tree -- there might be a clue left behind there!"

Unless there is some objection, then, and if he agrees to lead in that direction, Fethwynyth will follow Grubnar to the apple tree as soon as we learn where that is, exactly, and start heading that way.

Last edited:

Arabesu

"Me agree. As others make talk, me think, 'why not look in tree?' You and me, smart. Lets go."

Grubnar stalks off toward this tree, but under his breath he asks,

"Why boy in tree? Shouldn't he be learn to hunt or fight or make weapon? Maybe he training to climb cliffs? Must be."

As if he has answered his own question, Grubnar returns his focus to journeying to the tree.

Leif

Adventurer
Fethwynyth, Elf Mage

"I'm sure your right, Grubnar. You're really quite a smart fellow, you know?" When they get to the tree, Fethwynyth says, {changing colors because my dark orange was too close to Arabesu's color} Now let me see what I can find here." Fethwynyth now casts Detect Magic and scans as far up the tree as a young boy would be likely to climb, and all around the tree on the gound.

Remove ads