• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The major changes at WOTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenjib

First Post
Here are some census facts:

http://www.inequality.org/conbudstudyfr.html

I think this has much to do with the growing dislike of corporate America. Add to the corruption caused by the belief that the new aristocracy are above the law beginning in the Reagan era (in my opinion directly a consequence of trickle-down economics, the impact of which is still playing out today with, for example, Bush's tax cuts that target primarily the wealthy at the expense of social security and social services for the poor and middle class), the WTO that runs a form of world government (read cartel) without any democratic input, private school vouchers that have become little more than subsidies for the education of wealthy people, decades of war heavily influenced by oil barons, a justice system where victory is often determined by available funds, a new energy policy specifically written by and for the energy executives, and a campaign finance system that basically requires all officials to be elected based on their ability to accept bribes. Consider the prerequisites needed to enter or exert influence over the upper eschelons of our political process and it's rather sobering for the lower and middle classes.

I like WotC though, and it's a shame to see this happen. It's also a shame that they were sold to Hasbro, but it's good that they are granted a great deal of autonomy. I am not fond at all of the industry of marketting towards children of which Hasbro is a part. Advertisements geared toward kids are often designed to take advantage of their lack of experience and to pit children economically against their parents. At least the toy companies aren't as bad as the junk food and fast food companies though.

Last edited:

stormdragon

First Post
seankreynolds said:

Out of curiousity, who was this WotC designer? Or (more to the point) was it me, and what were they asking about?

Out of respect for my friend I won't mention names, They were asking about feats in FR campaign setting. It was a simpel question to answer, and the person asking (From what I was told) was very poilte, even after the WOTC employee's terse response. I find it interesting that you wonder if it was you.. feeling Guilty about somthing ?? Wait what am I saying? Of course not :D

Oh, I'm a real people person as long as the person I'm talking to isn't being a dumbass. ;) (just teasing)
If I were a jerk all the time, there would be nobody visiting my message boards. :)

Well...if your Jerk gauge is measuerd by Weather or not folks visit your message board, I guess your Mr. Wonderful...... Oh my bad you were attempting to be droll.... right? :rolleyes: In any event Sean I have learned (As well as many of those I game with) in the past couple of years to aviod certain desingers at events, I have to say however its a far cry from the way conventions (Especially Gen Con ) use to be in the early eighties. In closing I want to point out that even though I think WOTC has some major issues I do think that overall they have been good for D&D and gaming, I think however that ceratin desingers would be better served if they would listen more, react less, and lose the "I'm a Rock Star" mentality.

Last edited:

Lela

First Post
Ummm, gentlemen, could we not make obscure, vague insults at each other? I recomend going over to Nutkinland and having it out, but let's keep it clean.

Eric's grandmother still visits these boards. You don't want to anger her. Trust me. :D

Wicht

Hero
Kenjib - there is a reason we are not supposed to talk politics here - its to keep people like me from arguing with people like you. ;)

You might want to tone down your political insights a bit before you get an already troubled thread closed.

stormdragon

First Post
Insults?.....perhaps, Though obscure and vauge? I think not. In any event I think I made my point, I have nothing but respect for Mr Reynolds :rolleyes: Besides I wouldn't want to anger Eric's Grand Mother, or Eric for that matter.

Lela said:
Ummm, gentlemen, could we not make obscure, vague insults at each other? I recomend going over to Nutkinland and having it out, but let's keep it clean.

Eric's grandmother still visits these boards. You don't want to anger her. Trust me. :D

Last edited:

EricNoah

Adventurer
Well I think everyone's had their say on whatever subject was brought up originally, plus a couple of subject hijackings. I've a feeling that leaving this open will just result in people picking at things unecessarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads