The Making of Original Dungeons & Dragons: 1970-1977

D&D General The Making of Original Dungeons & Dragons: 1970-1977 Coming In June

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Word on the street is that there'll be a series of 12 D&D themed collectible LEGO minifigures ('CMFs' is LEGO jargon) released in September.

Each will be blind boxed but if the current series of CMFs is any guide, you should be able to use the data matrix on the base of the box to identify what's inside.

The dirty dozen are:
  1. Tiefling sorcerer with baby red dragon
  2. Gold dragonborn paladin
  3. Tasha with cauldron
  4. Aarakocra ranger with dog
  5. Mindflayer with intellect devourer
  6. Dwarf barbarian
  7. Strahd
  8. Gith warlock
  9. Halfling druid with bird
  10. Half-elf bard
  11. Lady of Pain
  12. Szas Tam
The source is Promobricks which has always been reliable.
Just when I thought I was out ...

Dire Bare

Legend
Of course. I wouldn't expect anything less from WotC. I'm honestly surprised they don't have blind boxes of races, classes, subclasses, skills, spells, etc for 5E. At least that cancer has stayed in MtG and not quite seeped into D&D yet.
This is a LEGO standard release for this sort of thing, not WotC.

Not that WotC likely has any problems with the idea. No more so than for WizKids blind packaging for collectible miniatures . . .

Sheesh. Sure, WotC makes plenty of missteps, but . . . folks sure are quick to attribute all sorts of nonsense to the company.

Von Corellon

Adventurer
Word on the street is that there'll be a series of 12 D&D themed collectible LEGO minifigures ('CMFs' is LEGO jargon) released in September.
LEGO DND
IMG_9099.jpeg

Yaarel

He Mage
So, turns out to be in full:

• Chainmail, 2nd printing
  • Outdoor Survival
  • an early rough 100 pahr draft
  • Brown Box rules With Hobbits, Ents, and Balrogs
  • Greyhawk
  • Blackmoor
  • Eldritch Wizardry

And a bunch of personal documents and letters, and various magazine and zine articles.
The contents are the origin story for six classes: Wizard, Fighter, and Cleric, then Rogue, Psion, and Druid.

Remove ads