The mandalorian [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
I thought someplace in Russia picked it up.
Indeed it did find a Russian hosting service.

Which cannot handle the traffic. Which is why Parler has been down for several weeks.

And hey, if bigots want to send their private data to a website hosted by Russian oligarchs, I'm okay with that.

Fun fact: to get a Parler influencer badge, you need to send a copy of the front and back of your government issued ID, your SSN, and your email address.

Did I mention that you're sending it to Russian oligarchs?

Mallus

Legend
Indeed...

Meanwhile,in California, it appears that if you repeatedly and publicly insult your TV show's star's sister on Twitter and then, for a finishing move, minimize the Holocaust,you will be fired.
Thanks for the image of Gina Carano pulling out her own spine, Mortal Kombat II-style, that just popped into my head!

pming

Legend
Hiya!
Indeed...

Meanwhile,in California, it appears that if you repeatedly and publicly insult your TV show's star's sister on Twitter and then, for a finishing move, minimize the Holocaust,you will be fired.
Yup, because nothing screams "fairness" like firing someone because someone's feelings got hurt.

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Zardnaar

Legend
Hiya!

Yup, because nothing screams "fairness" like firing someone because someone's feelings got hurt.

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Most workplaces have rules about public image type stuff and/or bullying.

And it's easy to fire people as well in the USA.

It's a bit different here a lot harder to get fired for things like politics at least without the boss having to pay out a years wages or so.

Using an extreme example poor little Mr aNazi here. It's perfectly legal to walk down the street in a Nazi uniform singing Horst wessel song. Technically the boss can't fire you (or they can but have to pay).

If the boss finds out you're a Nazi same thing. Express those views in the workplace though you can get fired due to violating the bullying/assault clauses which are in generic workplace contracts.

You can say what you want but doesn't absolve you of consequences. All freedom of expression means is the government won't throw you in jail or execute you for those views.

When they framed the US constitution you could get executed for insulting the king. Some places can still make your life miserable if you do it these days.

In the USA you can insult the president as much as you like and not get jailed. Boss might fire you though. Hell you can get fired because your boss doesn't like the colour of your shoe laces.

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
Hiya!

^_^

Paul L. Ming
Indeed. You will usually get fired from your job if you make fun of your manager's immediate family and then minimize the importance of the Holocaust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads