The mandalorian [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
However, the remarks that people call transphobic are a bit of a stretch in my view. She responded to the fact that people suddenly started adding their preferred pronouns on social media with "beep/bop/boop". It's pretty clear this was ignorance, not transphobia.
Hiya! đź‘‹

I disagree.

I will say, I love the character of Cara Dune, and the simple fact is that people who look like Gina Carano (in terms of build) simply do not get to be big action heroes very often. She's not just muscular, she's also kind of stocky. And it was great seeing someone who looked like her in a major production kicking butt. Just, not her, y'know? She's never been a particularly good actor (Haywire was painful to watch) but it'd be nice to see someone else in the role.

Weiley31

Legend
Man, I liked the character of Cara Dune too. Even if she was pretty much just the heavy hitter basically.

Honestly, yeah I'd rather have a recast happen then to lose the character. Lucy Lawless, as mentioned before, would probably be the next best person.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Man, I liked the character of Cara Dune too. Even if she was pretty much just the heavy hitter basically.

Honestly, yeah I'd rather have a recast happen then to lose the character. Lucy Lawless, as mentioned before, would probably be the next best person.
I love Xena as much as the next thembo, but that was a couple of decades ago at this point. I'd love to see new blood, personally.

He followed me home

20210211_114141.jpg

Zardnaar

Legend
That's... that's... brilliant, man!

I don't think Carano is a good actress, but I liked her on the show. That said, it's heartening to know at least a few things are still beyond the pale. Like comparing yourself to Holocaust victims when you and your people haven't been subjected to an attempted genocide.

If you use the modern definition pretty much anyone on the losing side of a war is a victim of genocide.b

I use the term in the classical sense though so Jews, Armenians probably some others qualify.

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
Hiya!

Huh, that's stupid...not unexpected at all...but still pretty moronic. :(

I liked the Mandalorian. Gina was a great addition and played an interesting character. I was looking forward to seeing more of that characters back story and everything.

But hey... I guess that's Hollywood for you. Or, to put another way ... "Meanwhile, in California...".
;)

^_^

Paul L. Ming
Indeed...

Meanwhile,in California, it appears that if you repeatedly and publicly insult your TV show's star's sister on Twitter and then, for a finishing move, minimize the Holocaust,you will be fired.

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
naughty word, I just found out Pedro Pascals sister is a trans woman.

So Gina thinks its OK to publicly draw parallels between her own views and the treatment of Jews by the Nazis (while employed by Lucasfilm/ Disney no less) and slag off trans people, while the star of the show she's working in... has a trans sister?

How dumb do you have to be?

No doubt she'll move on to getting a massive Parler following she can monetize, but still. Not the sharpest tool in the shed.
I don't think she'll find much traction on Parler.

Mainly because it was taken down, has no revenue sources, can't find an app store that will have it, and it can't find a hosting company big enough to handle its traffic that is willing to actually host it.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I don't think she'll find much traction on Parler.

Mainly because it was taken down, has no revenue sources, can't find an app store that will have it, and it can't find a hosting company big enough to handle its traffic that is willing to actually host it.
I thought someplace in Russia picked it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads