The mandalorian [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zardnaar

Legend
Who wants to bet that Ezra will be the "other Jedi" who comes looking for Baby Yoda via the temple of Tython? They've brought Ahsoka back and name-dropped Thrawn all in one hit. Who else could it be? Now all we need is Sabine ...

That said, I don't expect to see her this season. But hopefully sometime in a future season!

I expect the big finale for this season will be Mando + Bo-Katan + Ahsoka vs Moff Gideon. Maybe with Thrawn popping in at the end to show he's the real power behind Gideon.

So now I am wondering: how does Boba fit into all of this? We only get a brief glimpse of him in episode 1. I presume Mando still has Boba's armor on board the Razor Crest, although we haven't seen it (unless I just missed it). Has Boba followed Mando off world, or will Mando return to Tatooine, where Boba will confront him? Will Boba be working for Gideon? Or will Boba join forces against Gideon? Or something else?

So much to think about!

Also, did anyone else spot Morai in this episode? If not, have a look around 15:32. And if you don't know who Morai is, I suggest you (re)watch episodes 15-17 of season 3 of The Clone Wars and episode 13 of season 4 of Rebels.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking.

We know Gideon has a fleet, might not be the biggest but stick Thrawn in it with some super troopers and maybe TIE defenders.

Gonna thing seems more s set up for spin off show.

Zardnaar

Legend
She was expressly referred to as a Jedi Knight a number of times before being expelled, and was given her own missions away from Anakin. We know she constructed her own lightsaber pretty early on making her at least 5th level from that point onwards.

She didn't get very far into Knight though before leaving. A few levels at most.

From there into Force Adept. She seems to have learnt some Stealth stuff between when we last saw her and now.

Point I couldn't remember if she had been knighted or not.

SWSE kinda odd as force adept/disciple can out Jedi the jedi and the best sith lord has Jedi master levels.

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
I wonder whether they'll borrow any of the visuals from the Old Republic MMORPG for the temple on Typhon.

tython_jedi_temple_by_craftyrebelbobdog_dcz9mz7-fullview.jpg
If they do borrow from SWTOR, the episode will be 35% fetch quest and 45% kill x creatures, with some cutscenes thrown in to advance the plot.

embee

This does raise the question of what Ahsoka was up to during the rebellion. Like, how long was she sidelined after the climax of season 2 of Rebels? (Trying to avoid spoilers.)

Did she ever hear about a dude named Skywalker running around with a lightsaber saving the galaxy? You'd think she's pop in to see what's up with him and be all, yo, sorry you had to kill your dad, but do you want to learn about your mom? We hung out a few times.
Ahsoka: So uh you're Like Skywalker? I knew your dad.

Luke: Yeah?

AT: Yeah. He was a cool dude. Until he murdered a bunch of children personally. And also he tried to murder me.

LS: Obi Wan told me Vader killed him.

AT: obi Wan is alive? We go way back. Hows he doing?

LS: He's dead. Vader killed him. Wow. Can't believe Vader killed my friend and your friend who is also my dad.

AT: About that... Vader didn't kill your dad. Kenobi was a Jedi and those guys lie like rugs. Vader is your dad. Your dad is a psycho killer genocidal maniac.

LS: That can't be true. Jedi don't lie.

AT: They lie all the time. Oh hey, Artoo.

LS: You know Artoo?

AT: Yeah. He's Obi-Wan's droid.They go way back.

LS: Ben told me he didn't know Artoo and never owned a droid.

AT: That's because Jedi lie all the freaking time.

LS: Anything else?

AT: Yeah. Vader built Threepio. So he's Threepio's dad. Meaning that technically, you two are half-brothers. And if Vader tries to get under your skin, call him "Annie."

pukunui

Legend
On a different note, am I alone in feeling like "Morgan Elsbeth" isn't in keeping with Star Wars naming conventions? I found the name pulled on my suspension of disbelief a little too much for my liking.

embee

On a different note, am I alone in feeling like "Morgan Elsbeth" isn't in keeping with Star Wars naming conventions? I found the name pulled on my suspension of disbelief a little too much for my liking.
Just wait until you realize they broke the timeline.

Bo Katan was like 25 years old when she joined Death Watch. Meaning that Bo Katan SHOULD be around 55 or 60 in the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads