The mandalorian [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zardnaar

Legend
They've used nostalgia very well but while telling a fresh story.

Each episode has a throwback. The Mandalorian also gets knocked around every episode lol.

Not 100% sure but I might be the Filoni effect. I think Favreau, Filoni are being trained up but Filoni's main strength is storylines/story boards.

Randomthoughts

Adventurer
Really enjoyed Ep4. It's a "lull" from the main story arc (Baby Yoda), kinda, but it was refreshing. Liked the introduction and interactions with the Rebel Shock Trooper. Hope their paths cross again.

Yes, more world building on the culture of the Mandalore. I like how they approach it subtly, through dialog and action, versus hitting us over the head with a ton of exposition. This episode answered a few of my questions re: the Mandalorians.

The tone is so different than the larger-than-life movies that focused on Jedi and Skywalkers. A single AT-ST posed a grave threat; compare that with the Battle of Endor. I'm glad they're finally showing this side of the SW universe.

Finally, Baby Yoda's cuteness factor reached an 11 in this one - what do you think?

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
The Mandalorian also gets knocked around every episode lol.
They've managed to have the Mandalorian believably knocked around every episode and believably destroy groups of multiple opponents every episode.

It's an effective formula for keeping me interested in the fight scenes.

Finally, Baby Yoda's cuteness factor reached an 11 in this one - what do you think?
Cara Dune gave us the most backstory to what's happening post empire that we've gotten so far, the Child is still the most adorable macguffin, and we learn a little more about Helmet Culture all in a Seven Samurai/Magnificent 7 homage.

I enjoyed it very much.

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
Between the 4 episodes there's been more character development and world building than any of the Disney movies in a similar amount of run time.

Cara Dunes a badass because they gave her an effective background and casting an ex MMA fighter in the role.

Poor Phasma.

Very simple and very effective.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Why didn't they just find the walker, and put a couple bombs on it......I get that's less fun and dramatic, but still.

Also, it never occurred to him that others would be tracking baby Yoda? How do the trackers work? DNA? Chip? Does everyone have one, or something? Are there only 48 left, give or take?

CapnZapp

Legend
We all know Mando will eventually realize he can't run away from the trackers, and turn around to face the Client.

The only question is how many episodes until that realization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads