D&D 5E The many and fabulous bazaars of Port Nyanzaru - and beyond

CapnZapp

Legend
Arms of Unbreakable Honor
The legend of Bradaman is first recorded at the height of the Empire of Nerath, where it was told as the story of an earlier age of nobility. Lady Bradaman was a knight of great repute, one of many free knights who served and defended the common folk of her land. When her three brothers were falsely accused of murder, Bradaman swore to secure their pardon by undertaking three tasks set for her by the high king.

For her first task, Bradaman reclaimed a temple to Melora that had fallen under the control of worshipers of Zehir. With her brothers, she fought her way to the altar of the temple and staggered the cult’s yuan-ti leaders so that her brothers could strike them down.

For the second task, Bradaman vanquished the titan Ixzan, whose hammer brought down deadly storms. By tricking Ixzan to go underground where he could not swing his hammer, Bradaman forced the titan to swear loyalty to the king with unbreakable oaths.

For her final task, Bradaman was ordered to unhorse the Crow Knight, an undead warrior whose lance brought death. When the two knights clashed, the Crow Knight’s lance passed through Bradaman’s shield, armor, body, and soul, but the knight did not waver from her goal. The Crow Knight was unhorsed, though Bradaman paid with her life.

Her brothers returned Bradaman’s body to the high king, who declared she would be buried with the honor she had in life. Ixzan raised up a great tomb for her, hiding it away in the mountains. The weapons and gear she bore at death became known as the Arms of Unbreakable Honor, their magic grown more powerful by her heroic sacrifice.

Item Set (6 parts)
This set is unusual in that, except for the Azure Star, its constituent parts are all regular magic items instead of unique parts. The wearer of the Azure Star can spend a short rest to bind an eligible item to the set (for instance transforming a +1 Shield into the Bradaman's Honor).
  1. Bradaman's Azure Star (Jewel Market)
  2. Bradaman's Weapon: any +1 blade (a knife, scimitar, longsword or similar)
  3. Taskmaster Gloves: a pair of Gloves of Swimming and Climbing (req attn) (Beggar's Palaces)
  4. Helm of Fellowship: a Helm of Comprehend Languages (Temple of Savras)
  5. Vest of Defiance: a Vest of Resistance (req attn) (Grand Souk)
  6. Bradaman's Honor: a donned +1 Shield or +1 blade wielded in the second hand (a parrying dagger, shortsword or similar)
Set bonus
To gain the set bonus, you must wear Bradaman's Azure Star, and you must be attuned to any item that requires attunement.
  • If you wear or wield three or four items: each +1 item of the set (Bradaman's Azure Star, Weapon and/or Honor) becomes +2
  • If you wear or wield five or six items: each +1 item of the set (Bradaman's Azure Star, Weapon and/or Honor) becomes +3

CapnZapp

Legend
Group Item Sets
Some item sets are designed to be borne not by a single character, but by the members of an entire party. When a party collects the items of a group item set, the set benefits are determined by the number of allies who possess items from the set. Each character wearing or wielding an item from the set qualifies for the set benefits.

Caelynnvala’s Boons
Caelynnvala is a legendary archfey — one of the godlike spirit-avatars of the Feywild. An immortal eladrin noble, she formed an adventuring company consisting of children of the Feywild, including traditional enemies. In order to celebrate this bond of friendship, she crafted a set of magic items whose powers define the bond she seeks to forge between the sibling races. Caelynnvala’s Boons have a habit of finding their way into the hands of champions who embody the ideal of reconciliation and peace.

Group Set (5parts)
  1. Bowstring of Accuracy (req attn): You gain the racial feat Elven Accuracy (Temple of Tymora)
  2. Circlet of Revelations (req attn): You gain the racial feat Drow High Magic (Wakanga O'tamu)
  3. Darkfire Gloves (req attn): You gain the racial feat Flames of Phlegethos (Kwayothé)
  4. Feystride Boots (req attn): You gain the racial feat Fey Teleportation (Jessamine)
  5. Scarf of Recollection (req attn): You gain the racial feat Prodigy (Temple of Gond)

Set Bonus
To gain the set bonus, each part must be worn by and attuned to by a different creature, the creatures must be allies and of similar challenge rating, and all be within 500 feet of each other.
  • If two or more parts of the set are worn, each item gains the following property: As a bonus action, you and a willing ally attuned to another item of the set switch places by teleportation. Once you have used this property, you must finish a long rest before you can use it again.
  • If three or more parts of the set are worn, each item gains the following property: You gain a +1 bonus to saving throws
  • If four or more parts of the set are worn, each item gains the following property: On your turn, you can take one additional action on top of your regular action. Once you have used this property, you must finish a long rest before you can use it again.

CapnZapp

Legend
Second iteration completed, and uploaded as a single PDF file: http://www.enworld.org/forum/rpgdownloads.php?do=download&downloadid=1476 :)

Edit: This is my actual campaign document, so it contains color coding you might not be interested in.

Green means "new item added to 2nd version". Red means "no longer available" (to my adventurers). Yellow means "take note" or "item price changed". Of these, green is the one you might find useful (if you've followed this thread from the start).

Last edited:

CapnZapp

Legend
I cobbled together a shopping list for the heroes as they emerge victorious from Tomb of Annihilation.

At level 15 they can travel to any city they want, so whatever they want, they can probably find in some form.

Therefore it makes sense to ask the players what they would like to see for their characters, and focus on that. For instance, the Rogue/Ranger player wanted a +3 bow to avoid having to worry about resistance to lesser weaponry. (I use a house rule) He specifically didn't want to have to bother with magical arrows, which he understood to be the more economical alternative (that is, a +2 bow with +1 ammunition is inevitably less expensive than a +3 bow). There aren't many interesting high level ranged weapons in the DMG, so I had to look elsewhere in the Realmslore for inspiration. In addition, I try to present a variety of attunement and non-attunement items. (Check out the Bow of the Black Archer and the Elven Court Bow for the results in this particular case)

http://www.enworld.org/forum/rpgdownloads.php?do=download&downloadid=1511

Zapp

PS. As before, "sp" stands for silver pieces since I'm running a silver-based campaign. Just read it to mean gold pieces and everything's back to normal!

PPS. This list is an actual player handout. It contains standard DMG items, items I have lifted from other sources, and homebrew items of my own devising.

PPPS. I realize the bit about daily use for the Gorgon Plate fell away somehow. You can only trigger the AD&D Stoneskin effect once a day.

Last edited:

Remove ads