D&D 5E The March D&D Book Will Be Announced Next Tuesday

As has become standard these days, the upcoming D&D book has appeared -- in an anonymous, secretive guise -- on various bookstores in advance of an announcement. In this case, Amazon, Penguin Random House, and Barnes & Noble, all of whom confirm that the book will be announced next Tuesday on January 12th, and released on March 16th. The book will cost $49.99. B&N has its dimensions as being...

As has become standard these days, the upcoming D&D book has appeared -- in an anonymous, secretive guise -- on various bookstores in advance of an announcement. In this case, Amazon, Penguin Random House, and Barnes & Noble, all of whom confirm that the book will be announced next Tuesday on January 12th, and released on March 16th.

The book will cost $49.99. B&N has its dimensions as being 6.5 x 9.5 inches, which is smaller than a standard D&D hardcover (but that information could just be a placeholder). B&N also indicates that the authors are Peter Lee and Rodney Thompson, but they also say that for Tasha's Cauldron and other WotC books, so that also looks like it's just their boilerplate for WotC. There's also an ISBN number: 978-0786967223.

This is almost an exact mirror of this time last year, almost down to the dates (last year it appeared on stores on Jan 6th, was announced as Explorer's Guide to Wildemount on Jan 9th, and released March 17th).

There's been plenty of speculation recently. Last year WotC said that three classic settings were getting active attention, and that the coming years would have a greater emphasis on settings, as well as more anthologies and Magic: The Gathering collaborations. And, of course, WotC has recently been involved in a Dragonlance lawsuit, which was voluntarily dismissed in December with Margaret Weis tweeting that there was exciting news in the weeks to come.

soon.jpg

Datactingguy

Explorer
I knew that was going to be the first response to my post.

Off the top of my head a sourcebook on merchant families/costers, trade routes, trade goods would fit that. Even if its set in FR its still out of the ordinary of what they've been releasing.

In years past there were books like Den of Thieves, Bastion of Faith and the College of Wizardry. Something different would be nice.
Wouldn’t that be some sort of rule expansion?

R_J_K75

Legend
I’m in the same boat a lot of other people are. Really want something Planescape related.
If I had to guess you're probably going to get your wish sooner than later. If done right Im not opposed to it I just want something to mix things up before we see another setting, mm or adventure. For me this product release cycle is getting boring.

Datactingguy

Explorer
If I had to guess you're probably going to get your wish sooner than later. If done right Im not opposed to it I just want something to mix things up before we see another setting, mm or adventure. For me this product release cycle is getting boring.
I mean, something different is always welcome, but I guess I’m just confused how your idea isn’t rule expansion. I’d welcome more DM tools wholeheartedly.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
I knew that was going to be the first response to my post.

Off the top of my head a sourcebook on merchant families/costers, trade routes, trade goods would fit that. Even if its set in FR its still out of the ordinary of what they've been releasing.

In years past there were books like Den of Thieves, Bastion of Faith and the College of Wizardry. Something different would be nice.
I bet with that kind of book we would get lines like they do at Foot Locker for shoe releases ;)

R_J_K75

Legend
I mean, something different is always welcome, but I guess I’m just confused how your idea isn’t rule expansion. I’d welcome more DM tools wholeheartedly.
The one book that comes to mind that models what Im thinking is the Magister by Ed Greenwood that came out in the late 90s. Sure there was spells in there and magic items but the majority was fluff/story based. Tashas and Xanathars to me is purely a rules expansion as to a book like I suggested may have some new rules but its not to the main focus.

Remove ads

Remove ads