• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Masque of the Red Death d20

The Arthaus MotRD book does make frequent references to the core Ravenloft setting and DM's book. You'd need at least the CS for fear/horror/madness and Powers checks.

There are a couple of alternatives when it comes to fear/horror/madness and Powers. The Living Death campaign (www.livingdeath.org) addresses them in their campaign book. Fear/horror/madness for 3E is also talked about in one of the Kargatane's 'Book of S' series... not sure which one, but it would've been in 2000/2001 (www.kargatane.com).

The MotRD book also refers to the RLDMG for rules concerning Lairs/Sinkholes of Evil. Since I don't have the RLDMG myself, I couldn't tell you really how important that is. The subject is a whole one sidebar in the RLCS.

Stormborn

Explorer
I was a bit disappointed in that myself, however there is nothing stopping you from using the setting with some homebrew or OGL material. Personally, I would convert it to d20 Modern anyway an add in some Sanity rules.

Klaus

First Post
Stormborn said:
I was a bit disappointed in that myself, however there is nothing stopping you from using the setting with some homebrew or OGL material. Personally, I would convert it to d20 Modern anyway an add in some Sanity rules.
Masque of the Red Death functions perfectly if you have the original 2e boxed set (and possibly Gothic Earth Gazeteer and Guide to Transylvania), d20 Modern, d20 Past and Unearthed Arcana (for the Sanity and Taint rules).

Joël of the FoS

First Post
Klaus said:
Masque of the Red Death functions perfectly if you have the original 2e boxed set (and possibly Gothic Earth Gazeteer and Guide to Transylvania), d20 Modern, d20 Past and Unearthed Arcana (for the Sanity and Taint rules).

Indeed, since its release, I heard many people play it that way. :)

And the Kargatane 3e conversion is in the Book of Shadows.

Joël

Remove ads