• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Meeting Place - Discussions and so forth

W

WizO_Adele

Sure I'll take a cc. I'm always happy to be included in a discussion; though I'll leave it up to Pounamu to actively handle.

A

Autora

ur?

Ok, lemme get this straight.
The room could have been opened with no shabang. It gave us the excuse of a party later. But it hasn't, because.....

Because Pou was away? And we got more weeks to wait so a party we didn't need can be advertised...?

Hmmm....

W

WizO_Adele

No, it couldn't have. I mean it could have had it been jumped on quickly in a very short window. It's a lot more complicated than that. The community manager is not here. It's a holiday break for Wizards (and thus most of the hosts, including myself). I simply didn't/don't have the time on the break to open a new room, nor do we have the hosting resources. And the community manager would like to be here, would like to see some advertising for it and so forth.

Thus, it has to wait at least a few more weeks so:
The community manager can return
Hosting schedules can be hashed out
Advertising can be done

And it's a bonus that:
Pounamu will then be here

That's the succinct and incomplete version.

Jetbomb24

First Post
I don't suppose you need more hosters; you did just get another 18+ with no life this year. (Don't bother with a serious response unless you actually need more, I can guess a number of reasons why you wouldn't)

W

WizO_Adele

Actually I'll probably be looking to hire 1-2 more hosts in the very near future, but for very specific timeslots. An announcement should be coming sometime in the next few weeks. I've already got the paperwork in.

M

melynxt

So this going to be starting soon? I've been foaming at the mouth, so to speak, in anticipation :)

And that hosting bit sounds interesting, as well. When will you be accepting app's for that? Seems I always miss that.

W

WizO_Adele

I'm personally hoping for February for an opening, though I haven't seen much conversation about opening ceremonies taking place here.

The applications will get advertised as usual, which I believe means a general board announcement, sometimes an ad in the chat login and the opening of the application link. Just check in regularly.

W

WizO_Pounamu

hey'all!

Kia Ora folks,
looks like I'm back and in recovery. ;)

Right. "They" want us to have a big opening with a couple of events and stuff to show the interest in TMP and help advertise it to possible TMP players.

Catch: For that we need you guys to come up with some ideas and hopefully also volunteers for things.

Do you want an IC opening as well as an OOC opening, eg the club has been closed for a while eg for renovations and now it's reopening new to everyone; or do you want just an OOC opening, ie it's business as usual, some of your characters could already be "regulars" but OOC we have some stuff which needs kicking off?

Please think on it, and post ideas asap!

- Pounamu

M

melynxt

I think it would be better if it were a grand opening both IC and OOC. That way characters could be developed better instead of just being assumed as regulars and backgrounds there etc. :)

A good event IC perhaps:

Grand Opening All Night Party

Or

Ladies night or couples night.

Vague ideas here ^.^

Dontella

First Post
I'm back!

Pou> Always willing to lend a hand and volunteer when my schedule allows.

Adele> Question- You said you would be needing hosts for specfic time slots, any clue what those time slots would be off hand, or will that information come later?

I think we sould have a Grand Opening. Perhaps the TMP has been open for a while, and now they finally decided to throw out the Welcome Mat, and have one grand old kick-off.

Mely's idea of having an all night party, is a good one. We would need to see who could be online that night, and at least keep a regular crowd in the room. Perhaps some volunteers to do a few Welcome Events.. during the party.

I'll think more on this, now that I'm around.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads