• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Middle Man

spyscribe

First Post
I got a kick out of the fact that the actor who played Sensei Ping is the Chairman from Iron Chef America (amongst other things).

Hee hee! I was taking notes in the writers' room when Mark Dacascos came in to meet about the role, and as soon as we realized who had just gone into the showrunner's office, all pretense of cool just went flying out the window.

He came in later to say hello to the staff (many of whom are Iron Chef America fans) and he seemed like a really nice guy.

Felon

First Post
Interesting episode. One big question occurs to me:

Why does it constantly seem like the characters are rarely in the same shot weith each other? It looks like there are not only lots of body double shots, but also shots superimposed over each other (or it looks as such, because eye contact seems way off). There's a couple scenes where it sure seems like they shot on a blue screen....and they're both scenes that take place on an ordinary city street.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Might check it out if it makes a full couple of seasons without being cancelled. Given up on new shows now.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Might check it out if it makes a full couple of seasons without being cancelled. Given up on new shows now.

Of course, if a sizeable # of people wait for that the show won't stand a chance! :(

Anyway, I continue to enjoy the crisp dialogue and pop culture references, and the easy almost off-hand use of comic tropes - but I must confess sometimes Dub-Dub herself is a little too caustic for my tastes.

Pyrex

First Post
Finally had a chance to watch 1x04 last night. The Back to the Future references were pretty funny, dialog was still nice and snappy, goofy-grinned aliens were kinda meh.

Remove ads