• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Middle Man

Amellia

First Post
Yeah the ratings are okay, I wish more people watched it though its actually a really good show! ABC Family has had some pretty good series lately and this is one of them. Also the time change actually helped me out, I got out of my class at 9:50 on Mondays now I can actually watch it!

thatdarncat

Overlord of Chat
When Sensei Ping was introduced, Seri and I both spent a couple of minutes "No, it isn't." "yes it is" "couldn't be!"

Brilliant casting :) And the show continues to be awesome.

Rackhir

Explorer
While I find a lot of the Wendy and roommate plots to be by the numbers and tedious, the Middleman stuff is getting increasingly funny. Zombies who crave trout? That's almost up to "Tick" levels of wackiness. If the show manages to last long enough to get a couple of seasons under it's belt it could well grow into one of the funniest shows in years.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
I liked the last episode for giving depth to Lacey Thornfield. I used to think of her character as mearly anoying, dow I see her as more of a tragic figue. Lacey isn't as stupid as I first thought. My real test for this show will now be how they integrate Lacey with Dubby and her job. If they keep coming up with lame excuses for her not to figure out what is going on I will be dissapointed, if on the other hand Lacey keeps picking up clues and eventually confronts Dubby then I will be quite pleased.

Now I will just finish my can of !!! and go get some trout.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
From the other thread I started, not realizing there was an existing thread:

I'm reporting on The Middleman panel at Comic Con for ComicBookResources.com, so I had to catch up on the show and figure out what it was all about.

I thought it was going to be typical young adult stuff, and it somewhat is. However, I find it actually pretty good.

It's about a young (hot) artist who is recruited into a secret organization that fights comic book supervillians. Comic Book supervillians are real, but are kept from the real world in a Men In Black sort of way.

It has frequent references to comics, sometimes that are so detailed that only comic geeks (like me) would even get them. The lead is snarky, while her boss (The Middleman) is as straight-laced as they come, in a sort of 1950s way. They have an android that also helps, and lots of gadgets. The writing is often clever, and there is sometimes text on the screen that is a bit snarky and self-referential and/or makes fun of itself.

Anyway, I thought I would mention that the show is pretty cool, and worth watching.

Remove ads