The Mourning After (Horror) (IC)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Lazharis nodded, it all sounded fine to him. He was curious where all this would lead, but not overly so. He wondered if it would all end in horrible death, but was disappointed that he couldn't bring himself to worry about it either way.
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Good night all. I'm still full from that gruel we ate previously."
Malix finds a suitable spot for watching room access points and positions himself so he can pretend to sleep as is his custom. Once alone, he uses the time to adjust his disguise again. It is getting hard keeping it up with all this fighting.

OOC: Just a reminder to the group. Malix is a warforged, you know it, you saw it. But all the time he's in public, he goes around as a dwarf, sporting a beard, body covered fully and eyes masked behind the lenses. There are obvious tell-tale signs, the eyes are immovable, he doesn't need to blink and sometimes forgets, but for the short interactions it works.
 

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
3rd of Zarantyr, 998 YK. Nightfall
Eyrna Niadh's house, Northshore, Metrol, Cyre

As the darkness takes the city, the people hunker down. Tonight would be like the others, the siege taking place just outside the walls. Even through the sound-dampening wards, you can still barely make out clashes of metal and screams of pain. Occasionally there would be a flash, followed by the thud of magical artilleries.

Eyrna turns on the echoer device, to drown out most of it.

GM: For ambiance, don't pay it too much official credence~

Somehow, rest comes, and with it sleep for most. The nightmare of recent events plays itself out in your heads, a moment of grotesque reflection. While in the reverie you manage to look at yourself, and find yourself twisted. The shock snapping you back to the world of consciousness.

In the morning you rouse. Though you can hardly call your stay comfortable, you do feel somewhat recharged, if not a little changed.

GM: Level up! Just in time for spooky season!
 
Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Malix activates once first person awakes as is his want. Finding some privacy, he adjusts his disguise and joins in making coffee and breakfast.
 

MetaVoid

Adventurer
Ozzar takes his time while within safe place to eat properly. His drink-shakes are still bad, but it is a wonder what proper adrenaline can do to a body.

OOC: are we playing?
 

Hades#2

Explorer
Xian slept moderately well, though not as well if he had been back at one of the house enclaves. Considering their current circumstances, it could be worse.

While he ate the meager offerings his thoughts wandered to his cousin. How would he be able to explain what happened to her to the family? It was unthinkable that someone did this to her and others.
 

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
4rd of Zarantyr, 998 YK. Dawn.
Eyrna Niadh's house, Northshore, Metrol, Cyre

The group would wake. Over breakfast the plans would be discussed. Bowls of ragout were set out, with a pinch of Presto (House House Ghallanda's Prestidigitation spice) to make it more palatable.

"The Bridge of the Dead is the safest way across the water. But we would have give a rat a feast of cheese to get through." Vesile dryly quips.

"Crossing by water is much quicker, and will evade the guards, but the Queen has commandeered nearly every sturdy ship, and the rest are likely to be eaten by the shredderfish before you reach shore." Eyrena counters.

"I could guide us through the fog of Dead Man’s Land." Yelisha offers. "There are many passages I remember. But also many ghouls and other undead. Slow and dangerous, but we don't have to rely on others."

OOC: Sorry about the delays! I wanted to give everyone enough time, and then the holiday swamped me at work.
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Lazharis shrugged. He was willing to try to bribe a watchman he knew who worked the Bridge of the Dead, but there was no guarantee that he could be trusted. One way was as dangerous as the others, when it came down to it.

"I will accompany you whichever way you choose," he told the others.
 


Hades#2

Explorer
Xian carefully considered their options. None were ideal. Bribing guards, crossing a very dangerous river, or fighting hordes of undead.

"While none of the options are safe, crossing the bridge may be the least hazardous."
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"But if we're betrayed, we're doomed for sure. Undead on the other hand present a challenge, but it is the one we alone control. And besides, we can sneak pass." Malix looks over the group and stops at Ozzars jingling bulk "Maybe."
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Crossing the bridge will be the least hazardous as long as it goes well." said Lazharis, still disinterested in the choice, but with a spark of desire to see if he would feel fear while encountering undead, "But if it goes wrong, we could all find ourselves back in the kennels. Or worse. Perhaps it would be better to risk being eaten by undead."
 

Hades#2

Explorer
"Undead would not be my first choice. However, I understand your reasoning. Dealing with the undead, while hazardous and potentially deadly, might pose less immediate risk than an attempted bribery. If the bribe worked, it would be easier but there is no guarantee that it will or, that the guards wouldn't take the bribe and turn us in as well. Most interesting." Xian surmised.
 

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
"It sounds like we may have consensus soon." Vesile ponders. "I do admit, risking the undead is the last thing anyone would expect from us."

GM: So where too?
 

MetaVoid

Adventurer
Ozzar ponders what everybody said
"I have nothing against killing undead. I just don't like fishes. Or water for that matter. It really depends how dependable are your bribed guards.

So, we have one ambivalent, me against water, Malix for the undead and Xian not preferring undead, but aware that guards are a risky proposition. My vote is in order of preference Undead, Guards, Fishes."
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Malix shakes his head.
"With the guards, we relinquish control of the circumstances. We can plan for fish or undead. Of the two, undead are less unpredictable. My preference is Undead, Fishes, Guards."
 


Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Yelisha nodds her head. "I will lead you." The reconstructed woman gives Eyrena a tearful hug goodbye, then leads the party to a decrepit back ally.

The buildings here are boarded and sealed with a quick-mason solution. An impromptu barricade of any material available, topped with sparking razor wire, runs between the buildings. But even that fails to contain the burbling mist that pours over the top.

As you venture deeper into the ally, you notice a dismembered hand nailed to a wall. It's twitching movements allow it's fingertips to follow you, as if it was watching somehow. It is on the opposite wall, Yelisha pulls back a covering, allowing access into building. She puts an oversized finger against her stitched together lips, then points inside.

The building was once a house. Only the bigger furniture remains. Beds, chairs. ransacked dressers and drawers. Clearly, this place is known about by someone unscrupulous. However, you can't be sure if that means it's safer, or more dangerous. Yelisha replaces the cover behind you all, and leads you to the front door. As you walk, an ankle-deep mist clings to your feet, and lazily wafts up as if to claw at you, before falling back down limply to the floor.

"Beyond here is dead. Be ready for the worst." Yelisha warns before opening the door.


GM: All right. Time for some skill checks to see how badly things go!
There will be degrees of success on the following:
Investigation
Perception
Stealth
Survival
Pick one skill to roll for your character.
 



An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top