The Mourning After (Horror) (IC)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Maladiel is light and quick, the wall not much of an obstacle for one with elvish blood. Like a cat he runs up and manages to land softly on the floor. Stealth is of the essence, and Mal smiles as he notices his companions are beginning to disappear from sight and sound.

He does the same, fading into the night, making a note to himself to heal the injured Xian later.

 

log in or register to remove this ad

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Release the Hounds! Interim.

The party makes their way around the corner, with various degrees of success. Everyone, except for Len. The middle aged man wasn't in the best shape to begin with, and finds himself careening into the same wall that Xian faced. Instead of bouncing off into the shadows, the man falls limply onto the ground below.

The displaced team and their remaining friends manage to hide before they can take stock of the scene. The last two hounds are circling around the unconscious man, far behind the party. The dogs howl into grey afternoon sky. They have captured their quarry, and their masters will soon come to collect.

Vesile clenches her fist, fighting her own instincts to charge in and save her ally. "We need to get to Southshore." The hobgoblin says through gritted teeth.



GM:
The chase is over, and most of you got away!


Vadalis Tracking Hound x4
Armor Class, Speed 40, Con +1 13, HP 11/11, passive Perception 13

Vesile: Speed 30, Con +1 AC 14, HP ??, Passive Perception: 13,
Len: Speed 30, Con +0 AC 12, HP ??, Passive Perception 12 (Unconscious)

Lazharis. Speed 30, Con +1 AC: 14, HP: 6/9, Passive Perception: 14,
Maladiel. Speed 30, Con +1 AC: 12, HP: 5/7, Passive Perception: 14, Spells: 2/2. FBTG: 1/1.
Malix. Speed 30, Con +2 AC: 17, HP: 8/10, Passive Perception: 15,
Xian. Speed 30, Con +1 AC: 13, HP: 3/9, Passive Perception: 13, Spells: 1/2 + D, BI: 3/3 (Bloody)
Ozzar. Speed 25, Con +2 AC 16: HP: 11/13, Passive Perception: 13, Initiative: 10?, SW: 1/1.
 
Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"What will they do to him?" Maladiel asks softly about Len, while moving toward Xian.

Looking the elf in the eyes with an intense stare, Maladiel places his hand on Xian's chest. "You're fortunate I like you," he says with a straight face, then smiles broadly. The half-elf concentrates, loud-whispers what seems like a piece of long-forgotten prayer, and raises his free hand to the sky as if channeling some divine power.

Xian's injuries start closing, less painful than the dramatic gestures seem to predict, as the healing magic works through him, spiraling out from Maladiel's fingertips and undoing all damage done to him.

"I will remember Len's hospitality," he adds somberly. Then, with a hint of a smile, "And the grue. Definitely the grue."

OOC: Cast Cure Wounds (V,S) on Xian, healing 10 hitpoints.

Maladiel. Speed 30, Con +1 AC: 12, HP: 5/7, Passive Perception: 14, Spells: 1/2. FBTG: 1/1.
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Lahzaris shook his head. It was a shame to lose Len. A good fellow and useful. He wished that he could feel more about it, but only the usual numbness came to him. He could think it was a shame, but he couldn't bring himself to feel it.

"He will be returned to the kennels, where they will eventually turn him into a monstrous war machine - if he survives the process." he explained without emotion. "Come now, everyone. We must move on. Quickly now."
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Not ideal. This is a dangerous world, you live in. Can we help him? And for the future reference, would any captives prefer death to capture?"
Malix asks as they all emerge from their hiding places
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"There's nothing we can do for him now," answered Lazharis simply, "Some might prefer death, but others might hold on to the hope of escape. We managed it once. Now, we need to move on, or we'll share his fate - odds are we will not escape twice."
 

Hades#2

Explorer
Xian
HP 9/9

"Thank you Maladiel, it is much appreciated."

Xian turns to Lazharis. "You say he will be turned into a monstrous war machine. For what purpose? The war is over, unless....is House Vadalis running some barbaric gladiatorial games or is someone planning on starting another war?"
 


Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
3rd of Zarantyr, 998 YK. Evening.
NW of the Dead Man’s Land, Northshore, Metrol, Cyre


The evening comes, and with it an impending sense of dread.

From a generous distance away, you can see guards swarming over the bridge to Southshore. The Bridge of the Dead, as it is aptly named. Although the mists under the bridge hide what horrors lurk beneath in the Dead Man’s Land.They do not hide the grotesque building blocks of the macabre structure. Bodies, faces, claws, hands, skulls. All poking out of the stone. The craftsmanship is far too intricate for what would have been slapped together in a wartime effort.

“The Karrnathi breached here, early on after the Mists appeared.” Vesile explains.A lot of good soldiers and mercenaries died that night. They managed to hold back the line long enough for House Tharashk’s Medusas to make a wall out of the undead.”

“Then House Canith’s engineers laid quickstone over the entire mess, like they were sweeping it under the rug.”
The hobgoblin snorted, the kind of laugh one gives as they try to suppress other emotions.


GM:
There is a figure across the street, in an alley, that is looking at you
DC 5 Insight: The Figure is not hostile, in fact they seem to be scared of something, debating on if to approach you.
DC 15 Perception: The figure has been following you for some time


Vesile: Speed 30, Con +1 AC 14, HP ??, Passive Perception: 13,

Lazharis. Speed 30, Con +1 AC: 14, HP: 6/9, Passive Perception: 14,
Maladiel. Speed 30, Con +1 AC: 12, HP: 5/7, Passive Perception: 14, Spells: 1/2. FBTG: 1/1.
Malix. Speed 30, Con +2 AC: 17, HP: 8/10, Passive Perception: 15,
Xian. Speed 30, Con +1 AC: 13, HP: 9/9, Passive Perception: 13, Spells: 1/2 + D, BI: 3/3
Ozzar. Speed 25, Con +2 AC 16: HP: 11/13, Passive Perception: 13, Initiative: 10?, SW: 1/1.
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Malix whispers to the group
"We are being followed for some time. It is frightened of us, but may offer some help. I can try and go behind. Or we can just talk."
OOC: Passive perception and insight 15

"Since it showed itself it already decided, its id just needs to explain its ego why it decided so."
 





Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
The party finds secluded alleyway to discuss the events at hand. As they do so, the figure cautiously follows. As she steps walks across the street, you get a better look at her. A human woman, late 40's.

GM: Insight DC 10: This woman has a build that implies she does not have a life of manual labor. Her clothing, though clearly not new, doesn't seem to have suffered quite as much wear and tear either. Perhaps a desk worker of some kind.
Insight DC 15: The woman is sizing you up, eyes darting to the same key points on each person as you would, she clearly knows how to gather information.



"Hello, friends." The woman says with a bit of caution. "Had a bit of trouble back there?"
 



MetaVoid

Adventurer
"Hrrumph! I'll keep guard. Be quick." Ozzar moves a little bit away, close enough to hear, but far enough to give at least a moments warning if something or someone comes at them
 



An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top