The Mourning After (Horror) (IC)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"But if we're betrayed, we're doomed for sure. Undead on the other hand present a challenge, but it is the one we alone control. And besides, we can sneak pass." Malix looks over the group and stops at Ozzars jingling bulk "Maybe."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Crossing the bridge will be the least hazardous as long as it goes well." said Lazharis, still disinterested in the choice, but with a spark of desire to see if he would feel fear while encountering undead, "But if it goes wrong, we could all find ourselves back in the kennels. Or worse. Perhaps it would be better to risk being eaten by undead."

Hades#2

Explorer
"Undead would not be my first choice. However, I understand your reasoning. Dealing with the undead, while hazardous and potentially deadly, might pose less immediate risk than an attempted bribery. If the bribe worked, it would be easier but there is no guarantee that it will or, that the guards wouldn't take the bribe and turn us in as well. Most interesting." Xian surmised.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
"It sounds like we may have consensus soon." Vesile ponders. "I do admit, risking the undead is the last thing anyone would expect from us."

GM: So where too?

Ozzar ponders what everybody said
"I have nothing against killing undead. I just don't like fishes. Or water for that matter. It really depends how dependable are your bribed guards.

So, we have one ambivalent, me against water, Malix for the undead and Xian not preferring undead, but aware that guards are a risky proposition. My vote is in order of preference Undead, Guards, Fishes."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Malix shakes his head.
"With the guards, we relinquish control of the circumstances. We can plan for fish or undead. Of the two, undead are less unpredictable. My preference is Undead, Fishes, Guards."

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Yelisha nodds her head. "I will lead you." The reconstructed woman gives Eyrena a tearful hug goodbye, then leads the party to a decrepit back ally.

The buildings here are boarded and sealed with a quick-mason solution. An impromptu barricade of any material available, topped with sparking razor wire, runs between the buildings. But even that fails to contain the burbling mist that pours over the top.

As you venture deeper into the ally, you notice a dismembered hand nailed to a wall. It's twitching movements allow it's fingertips to follow you, as if it was watching somehow. It is on the opposite wall, Yelisha pulls back a covering, allowing access into building. She puts an oversized finger against her stitched together lips, then points inside.

The building was once a house. Only the bigger furniture remains. Beds, chairs. ransacked dressers and drawers. Clearly, this place is known about by someone unscrupulous. However, you can't be sure if that means it's safer, or more dangerous. Yelisha replaces the cover behind you all, and leads you to the front door. As you walk, an ankle-deep mist clings to your feet, and lazily wafts up as if to claw at you, before falling back down limply to the floor.

"Beyond here is dead. Be ready for the worst." Yelisha warns before opening the door.

GM: All right. Time for some skill checks to see how badly things go!
There will be degrees of success on the following:
Investigation
Perception
Stealth
Survival
Pick one skill to roll for your character.

Remove ads