• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Nameless Legion: Archon Lance- Mission #1

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Trick slows his full-out run, taking time to size up the giant. As he approaches, he draws out his kukri and points it at the frail-looking woman as he says,

"You, m'lady, are most definitely the one playing with fire."

OOC: Slow to a double move, moving only 60 ft. toward the giant this round. Drawing my kukri in my off hand as part of the move action. Feeble banter is free. PS: Am I close enough that, on my next turn I can double-move tumble for 30 ft to the other side of the giant, gaining flanking? If not, I'll do a full run for 65 or 70 total feet, putting me 10-15 ft. away from the giant.

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Warfiend considers what to do. This lance seems to be too eager to help complete strangers, something that brings a middle discomfort to him as letting the refugees "distract" the enemy for some seconds would have been tactically advantageous.

ooc: If the wizard woman is still alive in Warfiend´s turn, advance forward 20 feet and burn her with a Flame Strike. Edit: Ref saving throw DC is 19. If she´s dead, activate the boots of flying and move forward 40 feet

Reminder to miself: 1x4th level slot spent already

AmorFati

First Post
Shaking her head, Scorch moves towards the attackers. Again she mutters while walking, and makes a throwing-motion with her right hand. A transparent orb filled with liquid fire flies from her hand, hurling towards the frail-looking fire-casting woman.

OOC: Moves 30 ft, then cast Orb of Force, except it does fire damage instead of force damage. Casting at the frail-looking woman that previously cast Scorching Ray at Trick.

Spells used: One 4th level, one 5th level

Harvey

First Post
Round #2

OOC: Isida, I am going to assume that Sul Ilume is going to continue her charge against the giant, since I'm not sure she can stop charging mid-way through.

The half-elven woman looks up, hair and clothing still smoldering from the flame strike. She looks about ready to drop to her knees, but musters on. "Watch out..." she manages to speak "these interlopers mean business." She places her hands forward and begins the intricate gesturing that is common with spellcasting, except there is no noticable effect.

For Scorch:
[SBLOCK]
Spellcraft = 22. She is casting sending.
[/SBLOCK]

Sul continues her charge, and when she gets close enough to the giant, begins an intricate series of tumbles and dodges, hoping to distract the giant. Her ploy is unsuccessful, however, as the giant notices her, and swings his large greataxe down on her. However, his swings bears wide, narrowly missing the lumi fighter. Sul, in that same instant, brings her full weight to bear on the giant, attacking with both her flail and her shield. Both connect, and the giant grumbles in pain. "Ah, I see you have some sting, little gnat" he spits at Sul.

Trick slows his full run, and shouts at the frail woman "You, m'lady, are most definitely the one playing with fire." The changeling in half-elf form draws his kukri, confidant that he will soon be able to tumble behind the giant and flank him.

Scorch continues to close, making a throwing-motion with her right hand. A transparent orb filled with liquid fire flies from her hand, heading straight towards the frail-looking woman. However, Scorch's face appears shocked as her orb of fire has no effect on the frail woman. The woman turns her face to Scorch and smiles.

"Sorry, Scorch... we have some surprises of our own" she laughingly replies, as she turns to look at Trick. "No, no, no changeling... no fair trying to flank my friend" she says as she gestures. A ray comes bursting from her fingertips towards Trick. The ray envelops Trick, and he feels so lethargic, he wants to fall asleep.

For Scorch:
[SBLOCK]Spellcraft = 28. The frail woman cast ray of enfeeblement.
[/SBLOCK]

For Trick:
[SBLOCK]You are now "exhausted". You can only move at half-speed and take a -6 penalty to both Strength and Dexterity. Sorry...
[/SBLOCK]

The gray giant swings his axe away again at Sul. While swinging three times, only the first one connects. However, it connects deep within Sul's shoulder.

OOC: Sul takes 21 points of damage from the greataxe.

Warfiend, though seemingly discouraged by his comrades' strategy, musters his resolve to cast a second flame strike at the half-elven woman. You see her eyes roll into her head as she seems to mount "not again..." and tenses for the spell to strike. This time, she is much better prepared, and leaps out of the way. However, the flaming column of fire still catches her. She shrieks in pain once again, and crumples to the ground.

OOC: Sorry about no map, but I am away from home this weekend w/out access to Photoshop. But it looks like you all really don't need it...

Someone

Adventurer
"Something well done, after all" says Warfiend, while advancing carried by his winged boots.

Activate the winged boots and advance 40 feet. Now I´m 60 feet closer.

Reminder:
1x5th level slot spent.
1x4th level slot spent
Divine power active (11 temporal hit points)

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Trick, feeling weakened by the effects of the spell, but no less desirous of helping the distressed merchant, judges the distance between himself and the giant and can't bring himself to run it. Knowing he's using a valuable ability, but not willing to run the distance, he grabs one end of his cape, and twirling quickly...though a bit clumsier than normal, dissappears in a cloud of smoke, reappearing behind the giant, lethargic, but determined to aid his friends.

OOC: Use my Cape of the Montebank to cast Dimension Door to appear in a flanking position behind the giant. I also give the giant my dodge bonus. I calculated modified stats, and pasted them on my character sheet. Note: With my reduced Dex I can't use two-weapon fighting or defense. Ouch. Improved Flanking, however, is my friend.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Sul ignores the giant's taunt, as his words are worth nothing to her. With her flail and sheild, she lashes out and rams again against the giant, wanting to fell this creature as soon as she can.

OOC - Power attacking for 2 on all three attacks.

AmorFati

First Post
Scorch - Firemage

Shaking her head and muttering to herself, Scorch moves even closer while contemplating what to do next. "Well, if you can take it, I know for sure your friend cannot!" She exlaims and repeats the throwing-motion. Yet another transparent orb filled with liquid fire flies from her hand, only this time at the half-elven woman.

OOC: Moves 30 ft, then cast Orb of Force, except it does fire damage instead of force damage. Casting at the half-elven woman again.

Spells used: Two 4th level, one 5th level.

Harvey

First Post
Round #3: Paused

Sul contines swinging away at her opponent, trading off her flail's flexibility for its damage. The flail connects for the first blow, but the rest of the swings miss.

With a swirl of smoke, Trick disappears, and appears behind the giant. With a swing of his rapier, Trick lands a devastating sneak attack. The giant growls in pain, and mutters "what, more of you? Leave us be or you'll really be sorry!"

OOC: Round #2 on pause... AmorFati, the half-elven woman is dead, dropped last round. Can you change actions? Thanks!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads