D&D General The new Book "Game Wizards: A history of D&D" from the D&D historian Jon Peterson

darjr

I crit!
Author of "Playing at the World" and D&D historian for classic titles at the DMSGuild has a new book up for preorder!
Game Wizards: A history of D&D

I have a new book coming out next month called Game Wizards. Unlike my previous books, which are histories of game design, this is an early history of Dungeons & Dragons as a product: of how it came to be a product at all, of the people who made it, of its unlikely success, and of the battles that its success caused. If you've read my "Ambush at Sheridan Springs" article from 2014, this is a book-length expansion of its story. It follows the business journey of D&D, as well its creators, from their hobbyist origins up to Gary Gygax's ouster from TSR in 1985.

Looks like there will be details about the financials of D&D at the time, which I'm always interested in, among other things.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Author of "Playing at the World" and D&D historian for classic titles at the DMSGuild has a new book up for preorder!
Game Wizards: A history of D&D

I have a new book coming out next month called Game Wizards. Unlike my previous books, which are histories of game design, this is an early history of Dungeons & Dragons as a product: of how it came to be a product at all, of the people who made it, of its unlikely success, and of the battles that its success caused. If you've read my "Ambush at Sheridan Springs" article from 2014, this is a book-length expansion of its story. It follows the business journey of D&D, as well its creators, from their hobbyist origins up to Gary Gygax's ouster from TSR in 1985.

Looks like there will be details about the financials of D&D at the time, which I'm always interested in, among other things.

YES! I am so there.

....AND THE FINANCIALS! Yummy. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases