D&D 5E The next monster focus book

Iku Rex

Explorer
I'd like to see:

1. Constructs. Lots of possibilities for new feats, spells, items, constructs and options for variant designs and advancement. Fluff involving construct design and behavior.
2. Fey. They can make fun PCs, are known for their unique magic. Fey deserve more attention.

Li Shenron

Legend
An "Underground menaces" book could cover constructs and oozes at the same time, plus hazards.

A "Wardens of nature" book could do the same with feys and plants.

glass

(he, him)
The ones I'd like to see have already been mentioned: Fey, Giants, Lycanthropes

I'd also like to see FC3 ('loths) and FC4 (all fiends not in 1-3). Books Celestials would be cool, but if they divide them up by plane, where would Planetars and Solars fit in? They aren't plane specific, AFAIK.

EDIT: Shouldn't this be in General?

glass.

Last edited:

Matthias

Explorer
Li Shenron said:
An "Underground menaces" book could cover constructs and oozes at the same time, plus hazards.

A "Wardens of nature" book could do the same with feys and plants.

Good ideas, these. Other possibilities:

The warden of nature book could include animals, magical beasts, and extraplanar beasts as well?

Perhaps a book encompassing humanoids, monstrous humanoids, giants, and neutral humanoid outsiders?

A book encompassing lawful and chaotic outsiders, and maybe the inner planes as well.

I would also like to see a book for the really weird stuff: creatures of the Far Realms, abominations (as per the ELH), and more epic-level monsters.

Klaus

First Post
I'd like to see a book on Fey. And that's not because I'm currently envisioning a fey-descended warlock (CG) whose eldritch blasts look like she's using a bow made of faerie fire and who takes Obtain Familiar to have a buckawn as a familiar. :)

green slime

First Post
I agree with most of the above. My order of preference in fact would be:

Oozes (X)
Vermin (X)
Fey (X)
Plants (X)
Creatures of Chaos (X)
Constructs (X)
Giants (X)
Goblinoids (X)
Shapechangers (X)
Lycanthropes (X)

Bront

The man with the probe
Kurashu said:
While Oozes themselves might not warrent an entire book on their own, they could combine it with another type. What that type would be, I don't know. But I'd be interested in learning of the softer side of oozes. You know the side of them that calls their friends to go out for lunch ("I hear there's a party of adventures coming through later today.") or just wants to spend time with their spouse on a romantic everning ("Honey, that halfling was delicious.").
Ask Crothian.

Ooozes and Shapechangers would be good.

Constructs are fun as well.

I realy have never been a big monster book fan myself though, so it takes something realy big to grab my attention.

I'm thinking Giants and Giantkin (Monstrous Humanoids) are the most obvious choice. I just don't know if it has quite the punch of some of the previous ones though (Libris Mortis and Draconomicon being the standouts for me).

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

Remove ads