D&D 5E The next monster focus book

Matthias

Explorer
Wizards has done books for aberrations, dragons, undead, and for some evil outsiders (if you count Fiendish Codex I)

Which monster type is next? (aside from Fiendish Codex II, if there is to be one)?

Which monster type would you like to see them work on next?

I would like to see either constructs or oozes get a book of their own next. We see so little in the way of Oozes, and Constructs that aren't golems of some kind are not very common.

I would like to see many more Living Spells; with just the PHB and Spell Compendium to work with, you could make a small supplement for them alone. Living Spells are a great subclass of ooze to use on a party, especially when you combine two or three spells that complement each other (aesthetically or practically).

More species of molds, slimes, and other dungeon hazards would be nice too (esp. kinds that would pose a real threat to even an upper-level character).

Kafkonia

First Post
Oozes and constructs have potential, although I'm not sure if there would be enough interest (or material) to justify an entire book devoted to oozes. I mean, I'd probably buy it, but I'm not the target audience -- I have absolutely no interest in the Draconomicon, for instance.

I'd like to see a book for chaotic creatures -- slaadi, chaos beasts, etc. Even a third-party one.

Mortis

First Post
In no particular order.

A book on lycanthropes (and perhaps other shapechangers).
A book on the fey.
A book on giants.
A book on goblinoids, orcs etc.
A book on elemental type creatures.

Regards
Mortis

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
The next one is FC2, I believe. To my dismay. Not that I wouldn't like the book, just that I'd like a little more variety before we spend four books on outsiders.

Kurashu

First Post
While Oozes themselves might not warrent an entire book on their own, they could combine it with another type. What that type would be, I don't know. But I'd be interested in learning of the softer side of oozes. You know the side of them that calls their friends to go out for lunch ("I hear there's a party of adventures coming through later today.") or just wants to spend time with their spouse on a romantic everning ("Honey, that halfling was delicious.").

...Maybe not.

Shapechangers would be a definite buy for me.

smootrk

First Post
Goblinoids in all their varieties.

Goblins, Hobgoblins, Norkers, Bugbears, and even Barghests. I am sure there are several more types to detail, as well as associated creatures like Wargs & other mounts.

Time to make the armies of Acheron get on the move.

balam_br

Explorer
I think that giants is a must-do for WOTC... a pretty popular monster IMHO. everybody loves giants or not?

The shapechanger idea fmade me hungry... i would love a whole chapter devoted to lycanthropes, or maybe just one chapter to each kind of lycanthropes.. but i dont believe that they are going to do a book for that.

constructs is also a good idea... but not deserving a whole book...

the Jester

Legend
I suspect that our next creature type book (after FC2) will be on fey, but I do not know for sure.

Personally, I'd love one on oozes, but I'd be surprised to see one. Same thing with creatures of Chaos (slaadi and their ilk).

I do expect we'll get one for giants, and maybe a couple for different "evil humanoid" races- I would not be surprised to see either orcs or goblinoids get their own book.

mr_outsidevoice

First Post
Giants. Good for all levels.
Fey.
Humanoids and Monstrous Humanoids in one book.
Additional Outsider oriented books, Genies. Scions of Law, Spwan of Chaos. Celestials.

Remove ads