D&D 5E I’m looking for 5e 3pp and other homebrew works based on these specific themes.

Oozes and other amorphous kind of creatures.
I can't speak from first-hand experience of the products, but there's a couple of these have been kickstarted over the past year or two. Oodles of Oozes is one. There was also Slime - the digital component of kickstarter seems to have been delivered very recently, but a quick googling seems to indicate it's not available for general purchase yet.

Quickleaf

Legend
Hey everyone. I’ve been looking to expand my 5e homebrew collection with some material that I don’t have a lot of currently. I tend to really like having a lot of mechanical crunch I can sift through when designing my world and I love giving my players various options to choose from. I am primarily looking for player options and monster stat blocks themed around specific creature types, though I wouldn’t mind supplements that give plenty of lore as well. I figured I’d ask here for some recommendations. I’m looking for books that cover and expand upon….

• Celestial creatures and divine themed player options.
  • Magical plants and more fantastical beast stats and more primal/nature themed player options.
  • Non Beholder/Mindflayer aberrations and more player options themed around the Far Realms and Cosmic Horror in general.
  • Potentially any materials that expands Aboleths in general, as they are my absolute favorite aberration in D&D.
  • Oozes and other amorphous kind of creatures.
  • Constructs creatures and construct player options.
I don’t mind if the material is free or requires buying it to acquire. Thank you all.
I highly recommend Night Below (AD&D) for lore about aboleths. It's terrific. If you're looking for stats, I have some for an Aboleth Savant - a spellcasting aboleth specialized in transmutation, conjuration, or illusion... I converted it when I was still honing my 5e monster design skills so it's a bit rough in spots...

Aboleth Savant
Huge aberration, lawful evil
Armor Class 17 (natural armor)
Hit Points 170 (20d12 + 40)
Speed 10ft., swim 40ft.
STR 21 (+5)
DEX 9 (- 1)
CON 15 (+2)
INT 20 (+5)
WIS 16 (+3)
CHA 18 (+4)
Saving Throws Con +6, Int +8, Wis +7
Skills Arcana +13, History +13, Perception +11
Senses darkvision 120 ft., tremorsense 120 ft., passive Perception 21
Languages Deep Speech, telepathy 120ft.
Challenge 13 (10,000 XP)

Amphibious. The aboleth savant can breathe air and water.

Mucous Cloud. While underwater, the aboleth savant is surrounded by transformative mucus. A creature that touches the aboleth savant or that hits it with a melee attack while within 5 feet of it must make a DC 15 Constitution saving throw. On a failure, the creature is diseased for 1d4 hours. The diseased creature can breathe only underwater.

Probing Telepathy. If a creature communicates telepathically with the aboleth savant, the aboleth learns the creature's greatest desires if the aboleth can see the creature.

Spellcasting. The aboleth savant is an 11th-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Intelligence (spell save DC 17, +9 to hit with spell attacks). It has the following spells prepared, requiring no material components:
Cantrips (at-will): guidance, mage hand, minor illusion, vicious mockery
1st level (4 slots): command, detect magic, dissonant whispers, sleep
2nd level (3 slots): crown of madness, detect thoughts, hold person
3rd level (3 slots): dispel magic, fear, glyph of warding
4th level (3 slots): compulsion, dominate beast, phantasmal killer
5th level (2 slots): dominate person, telekinesis
6th level (1 slot): mass suggestion

Spellcasting (transmutation). The aboleth savant is an 11th-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Intelligence (spell save DC 17, +9 to hit with spell attacks). It has the following spells prepared, requiring no material components:
Cantrips (at-will): mage hand, mending, minor illusion, shape water
1st level (4 slots): armor of agathys, create or destroy water, detect magic, grease
2nd level (3 slots): darkness, detect thoughts, ice knife
3rd level (3 slots): dispel magic, glyph of warding, wall of water
4th level (3 slots): control water, elemental bane, watery sphere
5th level (2 slots): maelstrom, transmute rock
6th level (1 slot): otiluke’s freezing sphere

Spellcasting (illusion). The aboleth savant is an 11th-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Intelligence (spell save DC 17, +9 to hit with spell attacks). It has the following spells prepared, requiring no material components:
Cantrips (at-will): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, spare the dying
1st level (4 slots): color spray, detect magic, illusory script, silent image
2nd level (3 slots): mirror image, nystul’s magical aura, phantasmal force
3rd level (3 slots): glyph of warding, hypnotic pattern, major image
4th level (3 slots): greater invisibility, hallucinatory terrain, phantasmal killer
5th level (2 slots): dream, modify memory
6th level (1 slot): programmed illusion

Spellcasting (conjuration). The aboleth savant is an 11th-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Intelligence (spell save DC 17, +9 to hit with spell attacks). It has the following spells prepared, requiring no material components:
Cantrips (at-will): acid splash, eldritch blast, mage hand, minor illusion
1st level (4 slots): arms of hadar, detect magic, fog cloud, witch bolt
2nd level (3 slots): darkness, levitation, shatter
3rd level (3 slots): conjure animals, glyph of warding, hunger of hadar
4th level (3 slots): dimension door, evard’s black tentacles, vitriolic sphere
5th level (2 slots): conjure elemental, teleportation circle
6th level (1 slot): arcane gate

Wounded Fury. While it has 40 hit points or fewer, the aboleth savant loses its Spellcasting ability, and instead has advantage on attack rolls. In addition, it deals an extra 7 (2d6) damage to any target it hits with a melee attack.

ACTIONS
Multiattack.
The aboleth makes three tentacle attacks.

Tentacle. Melee Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 10ft., one target. Hit: 12 (2d6 + 5) bludgeoning damage. If the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 14 Constitution saving throw or be diseased. After 1 minute, the diseased creature's skin becomes translucent and slimy, the creature can't regain hit points unless it is underwater, and the disease can be removed only by heal or another disease-curing spell of 6th level or higher. When the creature is outside a body of water, it takes 6 (1d12) acid damage every 10 minutes unless moisture is applied to the skin before 10 minutes have passed.

Tail. Melee Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 10ft. one target. Hit: 15 (3d6 + 5) bludgeoning damage.

Enslave (4/Day). The aboleth savant targets one creature it can see within 60 feet of it. The target must succeed on a DC 17 Wisdom saving throw or be magically charmed by the aboleth until the aboleth dies or until it is on a different plane of existence from the target. The charmed target is under the aboleth's control and can't take reactions, and the aboleth and the target can communicate telepathically with each other over any distance. Whenever the charmed target takes damage, the target can repeat the saving throw. On a success, the effect ends. No more than once every 24 hours, the target can also repeat the saving throw when it is at least 1 mile away from the aboleth.

LEGENDARY ACTIONS
The aboleth savant can take 3 legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action option can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature's turn. The aboleth savant regains spent legendary actions at the start of its turn.

Active Dominance (Costs 2 Actions). Creatures within 60 feet charmed by the aboleth savant's Enslave ability and able to “hear” the aboleth telepathically cannot repeat their saving throw versus Enslave when taking damage, unless it is psychic damage. Additionally, if they would be charmed by another creature's spell, they can repeat their save versus Enslave.

Detect. The aboleth savant makes a Wisdom (Perception) check.

Tail Swipe. The aboleth savant makes one tail attack.

Psychic Drain (Costs 2 Actions). One creature charmed by the aboleth savant takes 14 (4d6) psychic damage, and the aboleth savant regains hit points equal to the damage the creature takes.

mamba

Legend
I can't speak from first-hand experience of the products, but there's a couple of these have been kickstarted over the past year or two. Oodles of Oozes is one. There was also Slime - the digital component of kickstarter seems to have been delivered very recently, but a quick googling seems to indicate it's not available for general purchase yet.
in the same vein, there is also

For whatever reason the preview is on the patreon, it's a pretty decent chunk of it

For general use I will always recommend

You'll find all kinds of monsters in there

dave2008

Legend
Hey everyone. I’ve been looking to expand my 5e homebrew collection with some material that I don’t have a lot of currently. I tend to really like having a lot of mechanical crunch I can sift through when designing my world and I love giving my players various options to choose from. I am primarily looking for player options and monster stat blocks themed around specific creature types, though I wouldn’t mind supplements that give plenty of lore as well. I figured I’d ask here for some recommendations. I’m looking for books that cover and expand upon….

• Celestial creatures and divine themed player options.
  • Magical plants and more fantastical beast stats and more primal/nature themed player options.
  • Non Beholder/Mindflayer aberrations and more player options themed around the Far Realms and Cosmic Horror in general.
  • Potentially any materials that expands Aboleths in general, as they are my absolute favorite aberration in D&D.
  • Oozes and other amorphous kind of creatures.
  • Constructs creatures and construct player options.
I don’t mind if the material is free or requires buying it to acquire. Thank you all.
You can find all of this stuff at the Unearthed Arcana Redit

I have seen some good compendiums of your requested material on there, but I didn't save them so may be hard to find now. I will see what I can do for you when I get more time.

mcmillan

Adventurer
Celestial creatures and divine themed player options.

You might want to check out Green Ronin's Book of the Righteous (and maybe Book of Fiends could be useful for this theme too). These were originally written for 3e but converted to 5e (links to hardback version but they also sell pdf only if you'd rather have that)
The Book of the Righteous (5E Hardback)

Remove ads