D&D 5E I’m looking for 5e 3pp and other homebrew works based on these specific themes.

RoughCoronet0

Dragon Lover
Hey everyone. I’ve been looking to expand my 5e homebrew collection with some material that I don’t have a lot of currently. I tend to really like having a lot of mechanical crunch I can sift through when designing my world and I love giving my players various options to choose from. I am primarily looking for player options and monster stat blocks themed around specific creature types, though I wouldn’t mind supplements that give plenty of lore as well. I figured I’d ask here for some recommendations. I’m looking for books that cover and expand upon….

• Celestial creatures and divine themed player options.
  • Magical plants and more fantastical beast stats and more primal/nature themed player options.
  • Non Beholder/Mindflayer aberrations and more player options themed around the Far Realms and Cosmic Horror in general.
  • Potentially any materials that expands Aboleths in general, as they are my absolute favorite aberration in D&D.
  • Oozes and other amorphous kind of creatures.
  • Constructs creatures and construct player options.
I don’t mind if the material is free or requires buying it to acquire. Thank you all.

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
I'm pretty sure that 3e has an official book for each of these. Just divide attack bonuses by 2, and do the same with ACs (minimum 10), and your monster sheets should be good enough for 5e use.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Hey everyone. I’ve been looking to expand my 5e homebrew collection with some material that I don’t have a lot of currently. I tend to really like having a lot of mechanical crunch I can sift through when designing my world and I love giving my players various options to choose from. I am primarily looking for player options and monster stat blocks themed around specific creature types, though I wouldn’t mind supplements that give plenty of lore as well. I figured I’d ask here for some recommendations. I’m looking for books that cover and expand upon….

• Celestial creatures and divine themed player options.
  • Magical plants and more fantastical beast stats and more primal/nature themed player options.
  • Non Beholder/Mindflayer aberrations and more player options themed around the Far Realms and Cosmic Horror in general.
  • Potentially any materials that expands Aboleths in general, as they are my absolute favorite aberration in D&D.
  • Oozes and other amorphous kind of creatures.
  • Constructs creatures and construct player options.
I don’t mind if the material is free or requires buying it to acquire. Thank you all.
send me a DM and I'll send you one of my dmsguild titles free. It has some plants you might want....

RoughCoronet0

Dragon Lover
I'm pretty sure that 3e has an official book for each of these. Just divide attack bonuses by 2, and do the same with ACs (minimum 10), and your monster sheets should be good enough for 5e use.
I have heard it’s not too difficult to convert stats from 3 and 3.5 to 5e, but as a new Dm I still find myself a bit intimidated with doing so, since many of the people I’ve see recommending doing this are often far better at the math of the game then me.

Having said that, I’ll try this method out. Thank you.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I have heard it’s not too difficult to convert stats from 3 and 3.5 to 5e, but as a new Dm I still find myself a bit intimidated with doing so, since many of the people I’ve see recommending doing this are often far better at the math of the game then me.

Having said that, I’ll try this method out. Thank you.
The math is over rated.....and the monsters in the books are the most common versions of those monsters.....If you want to start making monsters, or converting them, pick a few that are similar in power level to what you want, and use dndbeyond to make a new homebrew one based on those....change the name, change an attack or two, and you can see how you feel about the process.

RoughCoronet0

Dragon Lover
There was a more recent thread about statblocks and how to make them look good. This featured the Aboleth/Old Ones block in several formats and histories.
I know of dave2008’s Monstrous Compendium thread that has really good stat blocks, are you referring to that one. If not, do you happen to know the name of the thread or can you point me in the right direction?

Remove ads