D&D 5E The October D&D Book is Fizban’s Treasury of Dragons

As revealed by Nerd Immersion by deciphering computer code from D&D Beyond! Which makes my guess earlier this year spot on! UPDATE -- the book now has a description! https://www.enworld.org/threads/fizbans-treasury-the-dragon-book-now-has-a-description.681399/ https://www.enworld.org/threads/my-guess-for-the-other-d-d-book-this-year-draconomicon.680687/ Fizban the Fabulous by Vera...

As revealed by Nerd Immersion by deciphering computer code from D&D Beyond!

Fizban the Fabulous is, of course, the accident-prone, befuddled alter-ego of Dragonlance’s god of good dragons, Paladine, the platinum dragon (Dragonlance’s version of Bahamut).

Which makes my guess earlier this year spot on!

UPDATE -- the book now has a description!

2E56D87C-A6D8-4079-A3B5-132567350A63.png

EEA82AF0-58EA-457E-B1CA-9CD5DCDF4035.jpeg

Fizban the Fabulous by Vera Gentinetta

Dragonlance was decade ago, but maybe we should warned about spoilers with Fizban.

With the "clues" we could imagine the book would be like this, but I didn't dare to imagine Fizban as "guest artist". I am very happy with his return, but also I feel some doubts.

Teorically there aren't gem dragons in Krynn, but with a retcon or telling they are from the totally unknown continent of Adlatum. If they were, why didn't they appear? Other option is Fizban talking as a planewalker visiting other worlds. Then we could find some "easter egg" about Councyl of Wyrms.

This book will be not too linked to Dragolance or then the DM Guild should allow the setting.

The "pale" dragon from the cover, with two tails? It has to be a gem dragon, because it doesn't seem a white neither a silver dragon, the crest is too different.

* Dragonborn subraces based in gem dragons?

Stormonu

Legend
Wasn't Fizban in Dragonlance. He was an Elminster-type that was a god in reality. Was he the platinum god/ dragon god?
At best, Fizban would be a discount Elminster.

Fizban was Paladine’s ”wandering eccentric wizard” avatar form. He acted the fool to throw off those who met him and encourage them to depend on their own abilities than beseech him to fix their problems.

I’m not aware of the Sage of Shadowdale, Elminster, behaving the buffoon similarly - though he could be patronizing and mischievous when visiting Ed. Usually, he was just sly. He was more likely to manipulate others to fix his problems.

Remove ads

Remove ads