D&D 5E The odd job[Ooc]

What sort of feed back you looking for?

Here is the section I mean (the bolded sentences in particular):

Exotic Scimitar +1: You have a bonus to attack and damage rolls made with this magic weapon. Due to its exotic design, you are not proficient with this weapon. If the weapon is of a type with which you would normally be proficient, you can become proficient by training with it as if it were a tool (see Training, PH 187).
Silver Bar: This long, heavy bar of silver can be used as an improvised club in combat. It is a silver weapon for purposes of overcoming damage resistance and immunity.

Azurewraith

Explorer
Here is the section I mean (the bolded sentences in particular):

Exotic Scimitar +1: You have a bonus to attack and damage rolls made with this magic weapon. Due to its exotic design, you are not proficient with this weapon. If the weapon is of a type with which you would normally be proficient, you can become proficient by training with it as if it were a tool (see Training, PH 187).
Silver Bar: This long, heavy bar of silver can be used as an improvised club in combat. It is a silver weapon for purposes of overcoming damage resistance and immunity.
All looks well, I like the bit about training with the exotic weapons it's something that had been playing on my mind.

All looks well, I like the bit about training with the exotic weapons it's something that had been playing on my mind.

I've been working on a house rule to add an Exotic weapon property. It would include keywords to indicate who doesn't need the special training.
For example, the hand crossbow would have the property Exotic (Drow, Underdark). Any one who is Drow or from the Underdark treats it as a normal weapon.

Azurewraith

Explorer
I've been working on a house rule to add an Exotic weapon property. It would include keywords to indicate who doesn't need the special training.
For example, the hand crossbow would have the property Exotic (Drow, Underdark). Any one who is Drow or from the Underdark treats it as a normal weapon.
Tis a interesting topic I do miss exotic gear but I can't see it coming up again.

Remove ads