• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Official Welcome Thread - Version 2.0

Randomphoria

First Post
<Instert Chaos Here>

I have been playing D&D for about four years now, D20 modern for two, and have occasionally forayed into other systems.

I am very random. Very. Very.

Just warning you people.

Die! Greetings!

Walking Dad

First Post
About me

Hi,

in the wake of 4th Edition and the abomination known as Gleemax I finally made an account on EN World.

I'm a student, be married and have two children (1w+3m).

See you in the forum :cool:

SteelCoyote

First Post
Better late than never?

I've been a lurker browsing the forums for quite a while now (joined in 2004) and only just noticed the:
"Welcome! You're seeing this message because you have successfully completed your registration but you've never posted" today.

Guess I can make appearances only on leap years. :cool:

"Say Hello and maybe even post a few details about yourself."

Ok: "Hello", (or "Well Met" if you prefer that :D ).

Most people here seem to frequent the WotC forums, and I've been on those forums since late 1990-something (though I use a different handle there and Gleemax thinks I've only been on since 2004).

I've been a gamer since my cousin got the D&D boxed set(s) back in the long-long ago, I'm an RPGA member, and I've even worked at a gaming store in undergrad (that no longer exists since everyone gets everything online now), and did a little bit of playtesting through them (for games that probably no longer exist ;) ). I've applied at WotC several times over the years, and once somehow got as far as a phone interview for a game developer job (still the coolest thing to happen in my long gaming "career").

I think I've played all the major game titles (13 different simultaneous campaigns in 9 different games at one time during college), yet I default to D&D (2e-3.5e), FASA's version of Earthdawn & Shadowrun, and the occasional WoD romp (I even headed up the Ratkin player's group for a few years on WW's html chats).

I typically use Homebrew modifications of games and settings, and I enjoy tailoring and crafting the game to suit the "cinematic" vision and multi-layered plotlines I seek to establish.

To that end, I'm always poking around EN for ideas and information of upcoming changes. From what I've seen so far, I am very excited to see 4e shaping up as it is (or as we know it). 4E seems to capture much of what I tried to emphasize in my own House Rules over the last 15+ years of gaming, and I look forward to playing, running (and modifying :p ) it once I find a suitable group.

In real life, I'm an avid gamer (go figure), I've built my last three gaming PCs (for FPS and MMO use), I beta-test PC games whenever I can (42 titles so far), I dabbled in motorcycle racing (but ran out of time and money), I'm a die-hard Subaru performance/tuning and WRC fanatic, and I work full-time while also trying to finish grad school. Like most others here, I dream of being a writer and/or game developer, but lack the time (and perhaps the skill) to do so while juggling work, school, and Homebrew creation.

Well, that's about it...

...Now, back to hiding in shadows...

Arachnar

First Post
Greeting to all of you.

Well...it has been some months ago, that I was on this forum (Or one year.)

About myself...

I am 32 year old, and i have dark brown hair and dark blue eyes. Mine hobbies are: having fun, go to parties, good books and af course really good music. Mine favorite music is Death Metal and 60's music.(Yes, I know it's a strange combination. :D ) I have work as a carpenter, and I also work in a bar. Also I am single.(Oh no not again!!!)

I hope that the topics go on and on.

Been lurking for a while, decided it was time for my first post. So um...hello. :D

I've been playing DnD for about 7-8 years, but just recently got back to playing with any kind of regularity.

grendlesparks

First Post
Hi yall,

Like SteelCoyote below I just noticed the "Welcome" message after lurking for quite some time. Actually, I thought I was quite happy lurking, "stealing" ideas from everyone in ENWorld until the day I asked one of the guys (Caedrus) in my group for some cool ideas for my campaign. He turned around, posted my email to him here on the forum and I was blown away by the ideas the came in. I'm sure my lurking days are over.

I've just been playing for 2 years since playing first edition waaaay back in high school. I've been running a Ptolus campaign for over a year and I have had a heck of a time sticking to any of the pre-generated modules in the Brick. Mainly because I love making my own stuff up and gearing them to the characters. But being a relative newbie, the idea pool is pretty shallow so the form will be very helpful indeedio.

glad to be among you.

Captrose

First Post
Yet another new poster

Greetings All,
Been looking around here for a bit, thought I would announce myself to the camp so I didn't get shot. :) Came in reading the excellent review of the "Tearing of the Weave" and stuck around. Long time D&D player (around 1982 or so), currently playing in a 3.5 Forgotten Realms game. Wondering about 4th ed.
Best to you all!
B-

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads