• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Official Welcome Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

genshou

First Post
Welcome playwithbob!

Unfortunately, due to the server bandwidth required, the search feature is only available to community supporters (generally speaking, we're the guys with custom titles instead of Registered User). Most of us are pretty nice, though, so if you're looking for something specific we're happy to search for you.

Zorcon

First Post
Hello

Greetings fellow game lovers!!

I've frequented the site off and on for quite awhile (2 years), but at last this is my first post!!

Last edited:

stormforge

First Post
looking for old online friends

I am a long time online chat user from the wizards site. I know that when they changed sites alot of users have left, so I am here in search of them or any of them.

genshou

First Post
Welcome, Zorcon! Glad you decided to elevate yourself to being one post higher than the majority of Enworlders. Nowhere to go from here but up, so get cracking! :D

Howdy stormforge! You found ToreadorVampire at least, and there are plenty of others on EN World (though not all of them necessarily hang out in the EN World chat often). And as my post count indicates, there's plenty to say on the forums, too. ;)

Elebar

First Post
Well nothing really important to say, but they asked so nicely about posting something here... :p

I know this may not be the best place to ask, but since I'm already here, what is SRD? I have read several mentions to it in the EN World, but I'm completly clueless about it. I'm sure its a quite obvious answer and I will feel pretty stupid after I get the answer ;)

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Welcome Elebar!

The SRD is a set of d20 rules put out by Wizards of the Coast for free. You can download them from the Wizards website, and there are other sites that have easier reading interfaces for it (since it's free to use, it's free for anyone to put on their websites, use in books, quote on message boards, etc). It's not quite so obvious if you don't know about it. ;)

Welcome nosygirl!

There was a gold dragon born in the Age of Anger who was an extreme optimist. Everyone thought he was foolish, but this dragon wanted to fix the problems of the world, ending evil. Of course, this wasn't so easy. There's a lot of eivl. This dragon grew to become a paladin, and was a great warrior for Good and such. When he became a greatwyrm, he looked back on his life and realized that he was, in fact, angry. The anger is between Good and Evil, not being able to live together. After all, 'Evil' doesn't mean 'angry' necessarily. He was killing Evil people all this time, he was actually perpetuating everything. He looked back on his life with sadness and prayed to the deities for guidance. But he heard nothing. He prayed and prayed, but he did not know what to do. Spring gave away to summer heat, which brought on the golden leaves of summer, only to be covered by the snow of winter. Seasons passed, and seasons turned to years. He was paralyzed in prayer. Eventually, dust and dirt settled on him. He became an indistinguishable part of the terrain.

To this day, somewhere, there is a mountain with the greatest greatwyrm dragon inside it, consumed by Nature, the Entity of Balance.

(I made that up. I'm sure there are tons of stories about greatwyrms, but there's no way to know what you're talking about. There are no famous greatwyrm stories that every D&D player knows. Though, anyone can come up with one at will. :) )

Elebar

First Post
Ohhh I see System Reference Document, I went to the WOtC webpage to find out what was the exact meaning of it, once you told me what it was :p

Thanks a lot for the answer

Dire_Pug

First Post
Hello everyone! I am a long time reader of ENWorld but have never posted to any of the forums before. I have been playing D&D (in addition to other RPGs) off and on since 1st Edition AD&D, but haven't played since 3.0. Anyways, I'll see you all on the boards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads