The One Ring 2E: General Discussion Thread

Harlath

Explorer
Very pleased with the TOR 2nd edition so far.

I really like the rules changes even as a big fan of 1e:

• journey are better
  • attributes matter more
  • I like hope refreshing more frequently but being higher risk, higher reward: sometimes it doesn't help you pass, but it now does more at high experience levels as it can get you extra 6s.
  • Magical Items and famous weapons/armour are integrated in to the core rules.
  • Favoured skills feel more impactful in 2e.
  • Due to getting a virtue and reward at rank 1, favoured skills mattering more and attributes mattering more, you can customise your character more at creation. And it means characters from the same culture feel more different mechanically.

Mezuka

Hero
Did my first character today. It was very easy. Rules are simple but I did miss having a character creation example, in the book, to fall back on.

Wolfram stout

Adventurer
Supporter
I still haven't seen my books yet (non-alpha PDF, nor dead tree), not that it matters at the moment. My players reactions to the alpha and my own were jointly at the "F*** this" level. We'll keep the new travel, but nothing else, should we do ME again, and otherwise stick to 1E.
Not that it may matter since you are not happy with it, but you should be able to download the most recent PDF on Drivethrurpg.com. The most current version is dated 1/14/2022 for the Core Book.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Not that it may matter since you are not happy with it, but you should be able to download the most recent PDF on Drivethrurpg.com. The most current version is dated 1/14/2022 for the Core Book.
I think that the update is the availability of the separate high-resolution maps.

aramis erak

Legend
I can't even see the alpha PDFs on drivethru anymore. All of my 1E pdf purchase is still accessible.

reelo

Hero
This came in yesterday.
0cb820beed3129ac73217dc6fcbe011f.jpg

Remove ads