The Orville vs ST: Brave New Worlds (Poll)

Which show is the preferred watch for "Real Star Trek"

• Poll closed .
Both are good Trek.

I expect The Orville is on its final season, so soon you won't have the choice, anyway.
Yup, agree on both.

Orville addresses enough serious issues, I suspect advertisers will drop it. I suspect that’s why Seth McFarlane is putting so much depth in - he knows he can speak his mind NOW, but perhaps not tomorrow.

Hex08

Hero
I certainly have to agree with you on the first part, if not the conclusion. All of the series, post TOS, were pretty much duds in the first season. I felt that NG had two seasons of duds, before they found their feet. SNW hit the ground running and has only varied in levels of goodness. I have to wonder, however, if their dud first season would be counted as Disco?
I would say no, DISCO was a dud for three seasons (after which I gave up on it) with the SNW cast being the only light in the very dark tunnel of season two.

Ryujin

Legend
I would say no, DISCO was a dud for three seasons (after which I gave up on it) with the SNW cast being the only light in the very dark tunnel of season two.
That sounds remarkably close to how long it took for ST:TNG to truly hit its stride, so...

Zardnaar

Legend
20230618_100342.jpg

Breakfast this morning.

SNW session 1 is better than Orville session 1, but Orville improved enormously in season 2, and so far SNW looks like more of the same in season 2.

SNWs by a country mile.

I started to watch Orville, liked the characters, the SFXs, the look of the ship, but so far I've found the plots to be weak.

I loved every single episode of SNWs and am looking forward especially to the next two epidoes, episides 2 & 3, and maybe the Lower Deck crossover episode which could be the best or a worse episode ever.

Remove ads