• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

'The Perilous (Chapter I, II, III, IV)

Gideon

First Post
"Master Enchanter we have driven away the devils! Phelen shouts out. Gasping all the breath his small lungs can hold Phelen sprints to the other side of the room.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
"Stick close to the walls" Sher advises hoping that their resilience will remain a little longer as they negotiate the gas.

As for him he allows himself to shift to tiger form and then heading for the narrowest patch attempts to leap over the top of it to the other side...

(ooc enters room runs forward to e11 then jump from e11 to c9)

Last edited:

The gas smells awful, but there are no ill effects (to Thane). It seems to be... thickening, if that can be possible. Striations of purple and black energy and small bolts of crackling green light are now rippling through the gas cloud like a small thunderstorm.

Something seems to be coalescing in the center of the gas cloud. A flash of shimmering eel-like flesh glides just outside of the cloud for a moment. Whatever it is, it's big. A serpentine creature as thick around as a man's waist.

Thane tries the door- it is locked. He hears a muffled chuckle on the other side. "...You'll never take me alive, devils!" Followed by some chanting of magical syllables on the other side of the door.

Scotley

Hero
Belok Half-Giant Rogue/Psychic Warrior

Seeing the others cannot get through the door, Belok prepares to do battle with the thing in the mist from this side so that they can at least surround it. He concentrates briefly then, he grips his Glaive once more, ready to attack.

OOC: Force screen raising armor class to 21 for 2 min.

OOC: To Liliana and everyone else.. pick a square! The thing in the mist is coalescing so you can have a free round. You won't be able to attack the thing until we actually get to roll initiative, though.

Scotley

Hero
Belok Half-Giant Rogue/Psychic Warrior

Belok continues to hold his position.

OOC: He's at j9, if he has time he'll raise Precognitive offense.

drdevoid

Explorer
Delmar 36/36 HP; remaining spells 2/1/3/1+d

If this is a Full Round, I'll cast Protection from Evil and advance to G11. Otherwise just Protection from Evil

AC is now 20 (no buckler) saves are up by 3 (with Sher's resilience aura), and summoned creatures cannot touch him with natural attacks.

"Thane, I'll shield ya next."

Round 2, "Shield Other" (+1 resistance to saves, +1 deflection to AC, 1/2 hit point damage split with Delmar) Cast Defensively (Concentration +11) on Thane then 5 foot step if necessary for flank. If unable to use Longspear then draw morningstar (move action).

Last edited:

Lobo Lurker

First Post
"What! We're not demons! Lord Polixarchus sent us to make sure that his rugs would be delivered on time as he hadn't heard from Master Shabu in quite some time... Scuttlebutt has it that Lord Polixarchus struck a deal with a fiend and apparantly that fiend doesn't want him to make good on his side of the bargain."

"Open the friggin' door!!!"

Swallowing the large lump in his throat, Thane raises his sword in both hands (dropping the sunstone). With the tip pointed forward, he draws another deep breath and charges into the center of the mist, blade first.

"Once more into the fray my friends!!!"

OOC: If Thane meets no resistance, he'll continue to the wall or his maximum movement (moving diagonally from the stairs up to the other side of the room).

Last edited:

Remove ads