'The Perilous (Chapter I, II, III, IV)

Gideon

First Post
Phelen 30/30HP, 17/35 PP

Phelen runs back and takes cover behind a book shelf (h2) and feels his skin slightly lossen and become stretchable.

OOC: move to h2 Manifest Biofeedback(3pp)

OOC:

Apologies to all! I will get right on this. THE GAME IS NOT BEING ABANDONED. I had some organizational setbacks over the holidays. I am going to be having some more, too, as I have to go out of town from the 28th-until-New Years. I will update today in a couple of hours. And hopefully tomorrow before I leave. Sorry for the delays, everyone!

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
No probs Peter - the Xmas hiatus often affects PbP games - I wouldn't worry til mid January, abandon in February

ps I am still at e11/c9?

Scotley

Hero
Belok Half-Giant Rogue/Psychic Warrior

OOC: Hey, I understand. I've actually been out of touch for a couple of days myself and just got back. Take all the time you need. Belok will be waiting.

drdevoid

Explorer
OOC: I'm going to try and recap what I think everyone was lining up to do. Feel free to quote this and correct it:

Delmar moved SW from the original entry to the room to the back wall and is directly south of the creature. He casts Protection from Evil, and will attempt to draw the creatures attention and set up a flank for someone.

Thane moved NE to the side room opposite Delmar from the exiting door for what appears to be a charge into the flank with Delmar.

Belok moved SW slightly from the original entry, manifests a power, and is directly East of the creature with his glaive.

Sher Farhid moved from the exiting door SSE and starts up an aura. I cannot tell from his position if he's engaging in combat or taking a defensive post.

Liliana takes a defensive position near the exiting door.

Phelen takes a defensive position near the door we entered from and prepares to manifest.

Okay, we are back. I will spare you all the excuses. :) And begin with a posting of initiative.

Liliana 24
The Beast 22
Thane 21
Phelen 16
Sher Farhid 15
Delmar 13
Belok 9

Liliana makes it across to the other door (joining where Thane and Sher are briefly). She takes up a defensive posture. However, as she passes through the acrid mist, she notices something familiar. She identifies the faint scent of a type of candlewax that conjurers use. She thinks that this may be a summoning of some sort- although by no means any normal kind.

The beast suddenly emerges. The fog seems to melt around it as a horrible creature coalesces into being. It is a wormlike creature as large as a horse, as thick around as a dwarf's waist, but with large razor-edged wings flaring off like undulating fins. It is levitating and slithering through the air, lke some kind of elongated manta ray. It's mouth is a lamprey-like gaping round hole, filled with irregular teeth, and it's tail is lashing a lethal looking barb. It hisses in a gurgling unintelligible roar, whipping it's attention between Thane and Delmar, and then zooms soundlessly towards Delmar. It lashes it's tailbarb against Delmar suddenly, but the barb crackles against a shield of flickering white light (Delmar's Protection spell) at the last second and then bounces away. The beast gurgles angrily and writhes with fury.

Thane suddenly charges in slashing with his bastard sword, and cuts the beast across the underside. , leaving a vicious wound.

Phelen runs back and takes cover behind a book shelf (h2). After a moment's concentration, he feels his skin slightly loosen and become stretchable.

Sher drops to all fours, and then seems to transform into the form of a tiger! His equipment and armor seem to absorb into him, and within a few seconds he has become a sleek feline predator. Sher Farid torns toward the coalescing creature and growls.

Delmar (had his Protection spell up already) taunts the serpentine beast with his spear, trying to keep Thane or someone on the far side within eyeshot. So the flank is set up between he and Thane. Any attacks he makes would cancel the protection spell, so Delmar maintains the flank, trying to keep the beasts attention on him.

Belok moves up into a closer position, and manifests Offensive Precognition. He is briefly slicked in a weird silvery sheen, through which his eyes burn like silver fire. He hefts his glaive, scanning the creature's movements.

Attachments

• 2floor3.jpg
    2floor3.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 50

Remove ads