'The Perilous (Chapter I, II, III, IV)

Scotley

Hero
Belok Half-Giant Rogue/Psychic Warrior

Pleased to see that the mysterious creature can be hit, Belok steps forward to bring his Glaive into range. He attacks (1d20+8=19) hitting (2d8+6=16) with a powerful blow. A grim smile forms on his lips at the blow he has struck on this horrible summoning.

OOC: AC currently raised to 21 due to force screen.

Gideon

First Post
Phelen, 28/30 HP, 18/35 PP

Phelen lashes out with his mind but is unable to bring forth the powerful emotions that fuel the true extend of his powers. This beast has no choice to fight against us.

OOC:Mind Thrust (Will 15)

drdevoid

Explorer
Delmar, Dwarf Cleric; AC:20*; 36/36 HP; remaining spells 2/1/3/1+d

*with the +2 deflection bonus from "Protection from Evil"

Delmar will stick with defensively casting (Concentration +11, DC:17) "Shield Other" (+1 resistance to saves, +1 deflection to AC, 1/2 hit point damage split with Delmar) on Thane then continuing to taunt the beast.

"Vile, Pathetic, Meesly Conjuration, have ye met yer match already now? I've seen bigger things come out of a horse's bum this morn. Are ya tellin' me that ya can't penetrate a simple preist's spell? My acolytes can cast this one, and I've got far worse ones for you believe meh. Why I've met Imps with more moxie than you! And, Laddy, green- green just isn't the color for ya, you ugly thing, you.

Delmar's Remaining Spells are:
*0 (DC:14)- Detect Magic, Guidance; *1 (DC:15)- Shield of Faith; *2 (DC:16)- Calm Emotions, Shield Other, Remove Paralysis; *3 (DC:17)- Dispel Magic, Searing Light (d)

Last edited:

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Liliana - Fighter 1/Warmage 4 (Spells Left 0-level/6, 1st/2, 2nd/0)

Taking a 5' step back to B7 and casting Magic Missile at the creature I yell out, "Master Shabu we are a band of adventures sent to find/rescue you by Polixarchus! We mean you no harm and we dispatched the foul demons that were below. Please dismiss the creature you summoned so that we might talk to you."

Spell Resistance (1d20+4=14)

Magic Missile (1d4+4=8, 1d4+1=4)

(Initiative, repost for reference)
Liliana 24
The Beast 22
Thane 21
Phelen 16
Sher Farhid 15
Delmar 13
Belok 9

Elocin shouts out "Master Shabu we are a band of adventures sent to find/rescue you by Polixarchus! We mean you no harm and we dispatched the foul demons that were below. Please dismiss the creature you summoned so that we might talk to you." She then casts. A pair of crackling bulbs of eldritch fire impact against the serpentine creature's oily flank.

IThe creature coils away from Delmar and turns suddenly to strike at Thane, missing narrowly with it's sting and snapping at empty air.

Thane shots "GO BACK TO WHENCE YOU CAME!!!"
and then draws back and attepts to lop off something important. He connects with a glancing slash. The creature seems frenzied now.

Phelen tries to connect with his mind- This creature is alien and unworldly, and too slippery for his first attempt. Phelen's first mind thrust fails.

The tiger that was Sher Farhid moves up and bites at a lashing length of tail, but misses.

Delmar takes a second to cast on the defensive- 'Shield Other'. The beast turns and attempts to strike again, but Delmar's concentration deftly avoids any attacks of opportunity from the creature.

(Shield Other is now active on Thane).

Belok moves up and lands a powerful blow on the creature's slinky midsection, leaving a deadly gash.

The creature turns to face Belok...

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Liliana - Fighter 1/Warmage 4 (Spells Left 0-level/6, 1st/1, 2nd/0) 36 HP

As I Continue to shout out to Master Shabu thinking that old fool better start to listen to us before anything bad happens to my friends. "Master Shabu listen to me, we ARE NOT HERE to hurt you, in fact we are here to HELP YOU as our employer is worried about you. He hired us to come out here to see if you were fine as the rugs you were enchanting are of great importance and he just wanted to make sure you were fine. SO open this door now!!" I wonder if another tactic might works against this pompous old fool, hmmm, maybe I should start insulting him and laughing that he has to run away from the likes of us, that he has to summon help from some other worldly plane to do his bidding because he doe snot have the power to do it himself.

A little smirk plays across my face as I think how best to insult him next as I prepare to cast my spell again to banish this beast back to where it came from.

Spell Resistance (1d20+4=24)

Magic Missile (1d4+4=6, 1d4+1=4)

Gideon

First Post
Phelen, 17/35 PP, 28/30 HP

Phelen just shrugs a little bit at his ineffectiveness. Maybe I'll just sit back and watch but shouldn't I help, I mean one of these people could get hurt and they've been good to me. I probably wouldn't trust us either. Somewhat half-heartedly Phelen throws another metal probe out towards the summoned beast.

OOC: Mind Thrust (Will DC 15)

drdevoid

Explorer
Delmar, Dwarf Cleric; AC:20*; 36 HPs; Remaining Spells 2/1/2/1+d

*with the +2 deflection bonus from "Protection from Evil"

Unsure of what use his "Calm Emotions" spell would be against the frenzied beast, Delmar aids Thanesuccessfully and continues to try and gain the attention of the conjured monster.

Delmar's Remaining Spells are:
*0 (DC:14)- Detect Magic, Guidance; *1 (DC:15)- Shield of Faith; *2 (DC:16)- Calm Emotions, Remove Paralysis; *3 (DC:17)- Dispel Magic, Searing Light (d)

Remove ads