The Pinnacle of your Collection

amnuxoll

First Post
Whether you started playing D&D last month or last century, all gamers have a collection of RPG Stuff [tm] that is filling a shelf or ten somewhere. My question is, of your entire horde what is the one item that you prize the most?

My pinnacle: I have every print issue of Dungeon magazine. I started subscribing early on and loved them all. Campaigns have been built atop the stories therein and when I wasn't in a game, it was Dungeon that sustained my interest in the game. Many of the great authors got their start there. It's a wonderful thing to have.

DragonLancer

Adventurer
1st ed AD&D Fiend Folio. When I was playing 1st ed back in the 80's I could not get one for love nor money. Eventually managed to get a near mint copy second hand a couple years ago. Thats my pride of place piece.

One...?

That's like choosing which of your children is your favorite :eek:

Darksun Dragonkings 2e is up there. It was the first cxampaign world I ever DM'd and as such it will forever have a special spot in my heart anyway.

Crothian

First Post
Probably my old Thieves World box sets. They aren't worth that much and don't seem to be too rare but I love that setting.

Nadaka

First Post
Probably my collection of dragon not so mini's (Colossal red, gargantuan white, black and blue) and my ancient original copy of book 2: BlackMoore.

weem

First Post
Hmm.. I have a lot of books, but I gotta go with the Rules Cyclopedia. It's pages are pure inspiration ;)

Shemeska

Adventurer
The original artwork for the cover of 'The Great Beyond' by Paizo (by Wayne Reynolds), which was my first solo project. Link to the image

The original artwork for the first page of 'The Gatetown of Ecstasy' in Dragon 351 (by Jeff Laubenstein) which was my first article published in Dragon.

AngryMojo

First Post
Deadlands: Reloaded, 10th anniversary collectors edition.
Number 13 of 1000, personalized by Shane Hensley
Hey Andrew!
"Lucky" #13 for you!
Thanks for all the help and support for Savage Worlds and Deadlands
Keep your powder dry.

Received as a gift for pushing Savage Worlds so much while working at the FLGS.

I've got older stuff, and rarer stuff, but this one book holds a special place in my heart, and on my shelf.

GlassJaw

Hero
Value? Probably my unpunched copy of Night's Dark Terror. Vecna Lives and some of the other Greyhawk stuff would be up there (Iuz the Evil, The Marklands, etc).

And surprisingly enough, the Iron Kingdoms books are very valuable.

For sentimental value, probably my Greyhawk boxed sets: From the Ashes and City of Greyhawk. I used a TON in my early gaming days.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases