The Pinnacle of your Collection

Ahnirades

First Post
The copy of the Moldvay Basic set I bought dirt-cheap a couple of years ago. My old one was battered beyond recognition so I thought I'd replace . On opening the somewhat tatty box I found the rulebook and module in pristine condition. The Keep on the Borderlands looks like it was printed yesterday.

JustKim

First Post
Ah, I have a lot of stuff. But I don't think I could possibly value any product over the friends that I've made and the fun that we've had playing RPGs.

And yes, they are part of my collection. My cellar is outfitted with manacles.

Huw

First Post
I'll have to name three:

1) Complete print run of "classic" White Dwarf magazine. That is, every issue from 1 up to about when they became a GW house organ.

2) Complete print run of Dungeon magazine. Unlike the White Dwarves, they've only ever had one owner, me. :cool:

3) Signed copy of Iron Kingdoms' Monsternomicon.

I have "three". One is the 3.0 PH I got at GenCon 2000 signed by Gygax, Arneson, and all the authors.

The other is a complete collection of Dragon Magazine, start to finish, including all the issues of its precursor, The Strategic Review.

Third is the collection of over 1500 minis I have.

Though it would hurt VERY deeply to part with any of these, if I had no other choice that is probably the order I would also part with them in, and also the order of their actual cash value. For sentimental value the Dragon magazine collection is tops though.

Runner up is the photocopy of Holmes Basic my DM gave to me which is the VERY FIRST thing related to D&D that I ever owned.

Last edited:

Ycore Rixle

First Post
Tough one. I'd have to say my 1e Deities & Demigods in all its copyright-shmopyright glory, with Cthulhu and Elric included. But my favorite thing about it is that right there next to Lolth, in thick black marker, I calculated the experience points the PCs got for killing her. Got to love middle school.

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
Going to have to go with my very well used copy of Queen of Spiders (GDQ 1-7). While I have hardcopies of the original modules as well, the compiled book has a special place for me.

The Temple of Elemental Evil (T 1-4) is a close second (actually have two copies of that).

And third would be the 1e DMG. Mostly for the tables in the appendices.

(PS - Boxed set of Menzoberranzen is up there too!).

Subtlepanic

First Post
If this were for any book from my collection, I'd probably go with the Call of Cthulhu rulebook. That one book - and the Haunting scenario within - introduced most of my friends to RP. It's so quick to generate characters, and the scenario is so short, you can reasonably do the whole thing in a night.

But since you mentioned D&D in your post...

Right now I'm playing 4E, so if it were for sheer usefulness, I'd go for dungeon delve. That's been so handy for one-off nights when we want a game.

If it were for nostalgia, I'd go for the Ravenloft red box.

If it were for sheer coolness, I'd go with the framed D&D Sharn print which Wayne Reynolds signed with a dedication for my campaign world =)

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
Hey, choosing entire runs of magazines is a bit like me saying that the one thing I value the most is my entire rpg collection. ;)

But hey, I'm just jealous of people who own entire runs of classic White Dwarf ... sigh, that'd be a dream to have.

The single item I hold most dear ... I guess it has to be the game that started it all for me, first edition Drakar och Demoner from 1982 (a.k.a "the game that trounced Dungeons and Dragons in Sweden").

Up there is also first edition WFRP, second edition Call of Cthulhu box and first edition Mutant Chronicles (being my major work in the field).

Oh, and The Traveller Book.

/M

/M

Jor-El

First Post
Tough one. I'd have to say my 1e Deities & Demigods in all its copyright-shmopyright glory, with Cthulhu and Elric included. But my favorite thing about it is that right there next to Lolth, in thick black marker, I calculated the experience points the PCs got for killing her. Got to love middle school.

Mine too!

Minus the thick black marker.

Remove ads